SportsWrath

15.5 point favorites?

GorillaNJ

Holly shit... I always pick the Giants in the office pool, but I never pick a team with over a 2 TD spread... Especially with Eli's status up in the air for the game... I think I have to pick against our team for the first time in my life.

Don't do it! Always pick the Giants! Here's the way I have looked at this through the many years of pools: With the point spread, every game is a toss up - you have a 50% chance of winning or losing any game. if I pick the Giants and they lose (point spread or outright), that is an acceptable risk - I'll sink or swim with my team. But if i pick against them and they win, that brings all sorts of rancid karma down upon me and that is NOT an acceptable risk! :angry:

Don't do it. Personally, I think Eli is going to play. But even if he doesn't, I think Carr could beat this Raider team by three scores.

The spread is a reflection on how terrible Jamarcus Russell is at QB. He's so abysmal, that teams put 8 or 9 in the box routinely, shutting down the run, and Russell still cannot beat them through the air because he's about as accurate as a scud missile.

Even if Russell could be a little more dangerous at QB, he's trying to throw to two rookies on the outside, who do have speed, but little polish as NFL receivers.

Think about it, the Raiders could only muster two field goals against the TEXANS, who has a swiss cheese defense. They lost that game by 23. The week before they lost to Denver by 20, this time only mustering one field goal.

The Raiders haven't scored a touchdown on offense (or defense) for 8 consecutive quarters.

The Raiders have only 1 passing TD all season which happened in week 1 (although they were robbed by the officials of another in the same game), and only 3 total touchdowns all year.

How bad are the Raiders? They are LAST in the NFL in total offense, worse than the Browns, Rams, and Chiefs. They are next to last in PPG, only because they somehow managed 20 points in week 1 against a shaky Chargers defense. This offense is so bad... they are the worst offense in the NFL statistically even after playing bad defenses like the Chiefs, Texans, and the aforementioned Chargers.

Now that is terrible. If we don't beat this team by 16 points than Gilbride and Sheridan need to deliver a few swift kicks in the ass to our guys.

Not only that, the Raiders have to come to our house and play a 1:00pm game... these guys will be playing what will feel like a 10:00 am game for them. Usually, this is does not translate well for the visiting team.

Giants will win this game by 30.

this is the sort of game that will end up Giants 24 Oakland 10 ..........and therefore Oakland beat the spread

( my golden betting rule is if i see a spead over 10 i nearly alway back the underdog to beat the spread ......and 70 % of the time i win )

this is the sort of game that will end up Giants 24 Oakland 10 ..........and therefore Oakland beat the spread

( my golden betting rule is if i see a spead over 10 i nearly alway back the underdog to beat the spread ......and 70 % of the time i win )

wasnt NE a 35 point favorite one game when they went 18 and 1

Don't do it. Personally, I think Eli is going to play. But even if he doesn't, I think Carr could beat this Raider team by three scores.

The spread is a reflection on how terrible Jamarcus Russell is at QB. He's so abysmal, that teams put 8 or 9 in the box routinely, shutting down the run, and Russell still cannot beat them through the air because he's about as accurate as a scud missile.

Even if Russell could be a little more dangerous at QB, he's trying to throw to two rookies on the outside, who do have speed, but little polish as NFL receivers.

Think about it, the Raiders could only muster two field goals against the TEXANS, who has a swiss cheese defense. They lost that game by 23. The week before they lost to Denver by 20, this time only mustering one field goal.

The Raiders haven't scored a touchdown on offense (or defense) for 8 consecutive quarters.

The Raiders have only 1 passing TD all season which happened in week 1 (although they were robbed by the officials of another in the same game), and only 3 total touchdowns all year.

How bad are the Raiders? They are LAST in the NFL in total offense, worse than the Browns, Rams, and Chiefs. They are next to last in PPG, only because they somehow managed 20 points in week 1 against a shaky Chargers defense. This offense is so bad... they are the worst offense in the NFL statistically even after playing bad defenses like the Chiefs, Texans, and the aforementioned Chargers.

Now that is terrible. If we don't beat this team by 16 points than Gilbride and Sheridan need to deliver a few swift kicks in the ass to our guys.

Not only that, the Raiders have to come to our house and play a 1:00pm game... these guys will be playing what will feel like a 10:00 am game for them. Usually, this is does not translate well for the visiting team.

they're due

the raiders are awful...the only way the giants dont cover the spread is if theyre up 4td's in the second half and they put the all scrub team in and the raiders manage to score some garbage time points....but I really dont see that happening...Giants by at least 20...OR the Giants could play down to the Raiders (like they have many times in the past) and its a close game.

I really hope that the latter doesnt become true.

That is exactly the score I worry about.. Gmen put up a quick 14 points and turn on the cruise control. Half time is probably 17-3... have a long 3rd Qtr TD drive and basically shut it down... giving up a BS TD in the last 3 minutes or so... I always get nervous about a 2 TD+ spread, but have been burnt many times by that fear.

Holly shit... I always pick the Giants in the office pool, but I never pick a team with over a 2 TD spread... Especially with Eli's status up in the air for the game... I think I have to pick against our team for the first time in my life.

G, you don't pick to win when it comes to the Giants. You pick the damn Giants.. period no ifs ands or buts about it.. and if you were to lose, you knew you stood by your team even when the odds are against them.. even if they're favored. Pick the Giants.

G, you don't pick to win when it comes to the Giants. You pick the damn Giants.. period no ifs ands or buts about it.. and if you were to lose, you knew you stood by your team even when the odds are against them.. even if they're favored. Pick the Giants.

This is the spread; not win loss. Oakland is terrible and with McFadden out I think the Giants will be able to beat that spread. Also trap games for the Giants seem to come from under achieving teams and this isn't one of those.

This is the spread; not win loss. Oakland is terrible and with McFadden out I think the Giants will be able to beat that spread. Also trap games for the Giants seem to come from under achieving teams and this isn't one of those.

dude, it's two touchdowns when we've been having problems putting up 24...and like he said, on top of giving up late touchdowns, the chances of us beating this spread are slim

the problem the dog sees with the raiders is that their defense isn't terrible, and they typically hang in against teams for at least a part of the game. they always seem to be one or two breaks away from pulling an upset until Russell completely collapses and other teams pull away. by all accounts, the dog thinks the giants should cover, but in a betting world, the dog always finds the raiders a difficult team to bet against. they can get a good team to slop around with the worst of them...

the problem the dog sees with the raiders is that their defense isn't terrible, and they typically hang in against teams for at least a part of the game. they always seem to be one or two breaks away from pulling an upset

the dog is correct in this early statement ........and thus..... for this precise reason the G men will not cover 15.5 ( IMO )

i will be delighted to be proved wrong