SportsWrath

Giants QB Eli Manning named as one of NFL's most overrated by SI players' poll

Mr. P

In the latest SI players' poll, 239 players were asked to name "The most overrated player in the NFL." Manning, who is currently 4-0 and the fourth-rated quarterback in the NFL (104.1) finished fourth in the poll. He got seven percent of the vote (or 17 of 239).

Amazingly, he's actually considered more overrated now by his peers than he was before he won Super Bowl XLII. In a 2006 SI poll, Manning finished fifth in an SI poll that asked the same question. That year he got 4.1 percent (or 15 of 361 votes).

He also finished second in an SI poll last year that asked players to name the most overrated quarterback in the league. He got 32 of 320 votes, or 10 percent.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/10/06/2009-10-06_giants_qb_eli_manning_overrated.html

I wouldn't read too much into it.... Obviously there are either over-rated and not rated at all players in the NFL.. nothing in between. It all made much more sense when you look at the top 5 of the poll anyway.

exactly.

up until this year i would have wholehaeartedly agreed with the players

he has made an incredible transformation this year

against Philadelphia last playoff game he looked like a bum.........the 1st inkling we got that Eli had huge upside was the SB win

now he's playing like that every game

most guys get a big contract and disappear (A-Rod).....Eli's story is still un-written but he is on an incredible upswing

most NFL players have not yet tasted the new Eli....so that probably accounts for he poll

This holds no stock as far as I'm concerned. A few years ago SI did the same poll in baseball and Jeter was said to be the most over rated player in baseball. SI has no credibility as far as I'm concerned. :jerkoff:

I don't think it's SI... as much as it's the haters among the players. Think about it.. Eli is the most paid player in the NFL... those QBs shine while most of those players.. well no one gives a fuck who they are.... it's only natural to be hated for bein on top.

Jeter is having a good year

but he's a 99 lb weakling, and ever in baseball history has there been a guy who ends an inning with more ground balls, double plays or strikeouts

the guys problem is he is NOT clutch

Have you ever been punched in your fucking nose?

Maybe that's what's wrong with you.

Well, if you add up the numbers, he probably is overrated. But then when you watch his play in tight situations, he deserves every bit of the attention he gets.

You can't argue results....a playoff appearance every year since 2005...a Super Bowl....

Have you ever been punched in your fucking nose?

Maybe that's what's wrong with you.

Jeter reminds my of Cal Ripken......media hype 99 lb weakling

the other meatballs big contribution was going 4000 games without an injury.........woopppdeeedoooo

Mickey Mantle was a near invalid and Jeter nor Ripken could not hold the Mick''s jockstrap

Jeter reminds my of Cal Ripken......media hype 99 lb weakling

the other meatballs big contribution was going 4000 games without an injury.........woopppdeeedoooo

Mickey Mantle was a near invalid and Jeter nor Ripken could not hold the Mick''s jockstrap

Do you actually believe the stuff you say? You really do need an old fashioned ass whoopin'

Jeter is having a good year

but he's a 99 lb weakling, and ever in baseball history has there been a guy who ends an inning with more ground balls, double plays or strikeouts

the guys problem is he is NOT clutch

Augh um.. Jack, we're talking about Eli Manning? You know him, right? :mellow:

Well, if you add up the numbers, he probably is overrated. But then when you watch his play in tight situations, he deserves every bit of the attention he gets.

Right on. Eli's clamness in the face of a hurricane is astonishing. Talk about Ice thru his vains.

If he hasnt been punched in the nose, Id be glad to do it. Dont ever speak about Captain Jeter that way ya schmuck Jack. :furious:

Being a small guy myself, I think Jack feels threatened.. he has to keep on the offensive to stay ahead.