Mariano Rivera

Phil Hughes

David Robertson

Damaso Marte

Phil Coke

Alfredo Aceves

Joba Chamberlain

Chad Gaudin

3 Catchers is stupid. I would have like to added someone other than just Gardner for speed.

well, since molina is going to be starting when AJ pitches, bringing 3 catchers makes complete sense. Hey, isnt this a lot better than when clueless Joe would take 12 pitchers? At least we have a tone of pinch hitting and running options...carying more than 11 pitchers is beyond stupid.

I'm surprised Pena didn't make the roster.

I think it was either Pena or Hairston, and Hairston was picked because of his experience and power. Myself, I would have preferred Pena, but I'm biased towards youth. I also like Pena batting left handed, and for his additional range in the middle, and for what I think, more speed on the bases. They are both prone to errors at the worst possible times.

SoCal, if you and Hugh don't mind a little sarcasm, 3 catchers are necessary because we may need Posada's bat.

I think it was either Pena or Hairston, and Hairston was picked because of his experience and power. Myself, I would have preferred Pena, but I'm biased towards youth. I also like Pena batting left handed, and for his additional range in the middle, and for what I think, more speed on the bases. They are both prone to errors at the worst possible times.

SoCal, if you and Hugh don't mind a little sarcasm, 3 catchers are necessary because we may need Posada's bat.

I really hope Molina goes 4 for 4 and calls a shut-out...just so Po will shut his trap. He was putrid last night behind the plate.

I really hope Molina goes 4 for 4 and calls a shut-out...just so Po will shut his trap. He was putrid last night behind the plate.

And wasn't exactly doing well at the plate either. Sure it was more likely...no most likely an off night but overall he didn't make a strong argument that starting Molina is a really bad idea.