NFL.com

Braylon Edwards, WR

New York Jets

Career Statistics

Years: 5th

Rec: 288

Yards: 3,697

TDs: 28

The Cleveland Browns traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets, according to multiple sources. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed. According to NFL.com sources, the Jets traded third-year wide receiver Chansi Stuckey, third-year linebacker Jason Trusnik and two undisclosed draft picks.

Edwards, Cleveland’s first-round draft pick in 2005, has been rumored to be on the trading block since the draft in April. He’s off to a slow start in 2009 – as are the rest of the 0-4 Browns. Edwards has 10 receptions for 139 yards and no touchdowns. His best season was 2007, when he caught 80 passes for 1,289 yards and 16 touchdowns.

The trade also comes one day after an NFL spokesman said the league is investigating whether Edwards violated the league's conduct policy following accusations he assaulted a man outside a nightclub in Cleveland. Edwards allegedly punched promoter Edward Givens, a friend of NBA star LeBron James, early Monday morning following an argument in downtown Cleveland.

Link

Edwards and Cotchery make 2 fine book ends but I don't see this as improving the Jets all that much. They need Offensive Line help more.

And a non rookie QB. Sanchez looks like he'll be the real deal, but he's gonna go through his learning pains. Edwards and Cotchery are great, but they cant be thrown to with the QB on his back.

And a non rookie QB. Sanchez looks like he'll be the real deal, but he's gonna go through his learning pains. Edwards and Cotchery are great, but they cant be thrown to with the QB on his back.

Give that kid a line, plus Edwards and Cotchery, and all of a sudden the Jets take that division and probably make a damn good run at all the marbles.

yeah, the jets o-line is pretty bad...they have a gret center, but the rest of that o-line is awful....and they have a guy named D'Brickashaw....black people crack me up

they have talented names, just not gelling.

I did not know this: Ferguson is named after Father Ralph de Bricassart, a fictional character on the 1983 mini-series The Thorn Birds, played by Richard Chamberlain who was Dr. Kildare back in the day.

they have talented names, just not gelling.

I did not know this: Ferguson is named after Father Ralph de Bricassart, a fictional character on the 1983 mini-series The Thorn Birds, played by Richard Chamberlain who was Dr. Kildare back in the day.

My Dad's middle name was MacBeth....my granddad preferred Shakespeare to Cervantes.... :laugh: