SportsWrath

What happened to all the guys who told me Carney

JackStroud

Fri, Oct 2

Although Carney has made five of six field goals on the year (his only miss was a blocked attempt), his job security is uncertain with Garrett Hartley set to be reinstated from his four-game suspension after Sunday's game, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Recommendation: Carney has done nothing wrong this year. However, at 45 years-old he simply lacks the leg to consistently hit field goals longer than 40 yards. Coach Sean Payton will have an interesting decision to make after this weekend. If you're a Carney owner, or Hartley is floating around on the waiver wire in your league, keep an eye on the situation come Monday. The winner of the job will be a viable kicking option for most of this season backed by the Saints' high-powered offense.

(Rotowire.com)

Mon, Oct 5

Both Carney and Garrett Hartley will remain on the Saints' roster for the rest of the season according to coach Sean Payton, reports Saints' beat writer Jeff Duncan.

Recommendation: This news comes as a bit of a surprise. Duncan seems to believe Carney will be the active kicker on game days. This does not seem like a vote of confidence for Carney though, as Hartley will be waiting for the opportunity if Carney struggles or the Saints feel the need for a stronger leg. We will continue to monitor the situation.

(Rotowire.com)

I can't think of one poster here who has defended Tynes as anything more than a serviceable kicker. A barely serviceable kicker at that. Carney, apparently, isn't the answer either. Personally, my nut-hugging man-crush kicker of choice is Neil Rackers, but that is only a pipe dream.

I can't think of one poster here who has defended Tynes as anything more than a serviceable kicker. A barely serviceable kicker at that. Carney, apparently, isn't the answer either. Personally, my nut-hugging man-crush kicker of choice is Neil Rackers, but that is only a pipe dream.

yeah i hated that probowl kicker we had last year who was mr automatic

didnt you?

who the F wants a pro bowl kicker

if Payton is so dumbass as to let carney go

jerry reese needs to fly our private jet to new orleans and rescue our 45 yr old puppy

you couldnt just post in your other thread thats about the exact same thing

and i stillll dont remember anyone praising tynes as a great kicker. just didnt think carney was an upgrade over him.

but id rather have carney now over tynes. ill eat crow on that one. but neither one is a great kicker.

yeah i hated that probowl kicker we had last year who was mr automatic

didnt you?

who the F wants a pro bowl kicker

if Payton is so dumbass as to let carney go

jerry reese needs to fly our private jet to new orleans and rescue our 45 yr old puppy

Jack, if you ever wonder why people don't like you here, it's because of threads like these. You are aware that nobody here really loved Tynes. But you constantly ignore that fact and keep bringing up Carney as this superior kicker... WHICH HE'S NOT! Think about it, the Saints... A DOME TEAM, are carrying 2 kickers because Carney doesn't have enough leg... FOR A DOME! And Carney is a much better kicker in a dome than outdoors. And it's been stated that Pro Bowls mean nothing. Carney was not the best kicker last year in the NFC. He was only asked to make very makeable kicks, rarely was he put in a position to kick FGs longer than 40 yards, especially in outdoor games.

I don't want a kicker that I cannot rely on make a kick from 45 yards at Giants Stadium in December, and that is a kick that most people here (and apparently the coaching staffs of the Giants and Saints) have little confidence that Carney can make...

Now go ahead and continue to be a moron about this subject.

Jack, if you ever wonder why people don't like you here, it's because of threads like these. You are aware that nobody here really loved Tynes. But you constantly ignore that fact and keep bringing up Carney as this superior kicker... WHICH HE'S NOT! Think about it, the Saints... A DOME TEAM, are carrying 2 kickers because Carney doesn't have enough leg... FOR A DOME! And Carney is a much better kicker in a dome than outdoors. And it's been stated that Pro Bowls mean nothing. Carney was not the best kicker last year in the NFC. He was only asked to make very makeable kicks, rarely was he put in a position to kick FGs longer than 40 yards, especially in outdoor games.

I don't want a kicker that I cannot rely on make a kick from 45 yards at Giants Stadium in December, and that is a kick that most people here (and apparently the coaching staffs of the Giants and Saints) have little confidence that Carney can make...

its the same as back when he was in love with jesse palmer, in jacks mind if you didnt know without a shadow of a doubt that jesse palmer was a GREAT qb that meant you absolutely loved kerry collins and thought kerry was the greatest of all time.

illogical to say the least

:flair: - Approved

I watched Carney win game after game for us last year and could care less about the "Dome"

I would suggest you get your own DOME checked out if you thought Carney was less adequate than the extremely shanky LAwrence of Arabia Tynes

Who would do the kick-offs then? Feagles? Or superboy Blackburne?

I watched Carney win game after game for us last year and could care less about the "Dome"

I would suggest you get your own DOME checked out if you thought Carney was less adequate than the extremely shanky LAwrence of Arabia Tynes

:laugh:

Who would do the kick-offs then? Feagles? Or superboy Blackburne?

but for the unfortunate lobotomy, you might have remembered Carney consistently put it around the 2-3 yd line on KOs.....we were one of the top ranked teams in least yds allowed on KOs

23rd Jack. He ranked 23rd for return yard average. 43rd for distance.

I don't know why I'm bothering with a link

watch a Giants game sometime

Tynes consistently lands it around the 10 or 15 yd line

also he does not run up to the ball.......if ever there was an indication I guy has no confidence in his ball striking its that strange behavior

This "I told you so" thread is due to Carney not getting cut as expected, but having Hartley breathing down his neck; while the Giants brought in kickers and didn't sign any? :confused:

Sounds to me that both the Giants and Saints find their kickers barely adequate and are keeping their eyes open to better options.

its clear that jack doesnt actually watch games, or its just that hes a clown, which we already know he is.

tynes kickoffs have been landing at or around the 5 all season long so far.

...I dunno about that, call them anomalies or strategies, but Tynes squibs and pooches a lot of kickoffs. It seems sometimes the team is fine with Tynes pooching one to the 28 if it means it's going to be fair caught and not have a chance to be returned...

watch a Giants game sometime

Tynes consistently lands it around the 10 or 15 yd line

also he does not run up to the ball.......if ever there was an indication I guy has no confidence in his ball striking its that strange behavior

NO ONE SAID TYNES WAS GOOD EITHER.

NO ONE SAID TYNES WAS GOOD EITHER.

Did Carney run over your dog?

The guy is a pro bowl 99% FG kicker

are you NUTS or something?

Get your Dome checked out

DO you think the Giants are bringing in kickers for tryouts to use up their frequent flyer miles ??????