SportsWrath

Boley out a few weeks with knee injury

Lubeck

Just unbelievable. At some point this shit will catch up with us. It is lucky that the schedule started so soft.

Or these guys slowly start rejoining us, and we wind up stronger by midseason. This definitely sucks, but this means we'll see him again around week 8, and while we're getting creamed by injuries so far, we've IR'd only two. Knock on wood.

We should see Ross and Canty back before then. Meanwhile those squads are holding their own. And when you think about it, most of our injuries thus far are to guys that weren't on the team last year--most of our starters from last year are still OK (except for Ross and Phillips). Go figure.

Let's just hope that this team is getting the bug out of it's system now, and we'll be less banged-up as we go along.

Absolute worst-case scenario for when Boley comes back (assuming it stays 4 weeks) is we're .500. And that assumes the Raiders suddenly learn how to play offense.

Or these guys slowly start rejoining us, and we wind up stronger by midseason. This definitely sucks, but this means we'll see him again around week 8, and while we're getting creamed by injuries so far, we've IR'd only two. Knock on wood.

We should see Ross and Canty back before then. Meanwhile those squads are holding their own. And when you think about it, most of our injuries thus far are to guys that weren't on the team last year--most of our starters from last year are still OK (except for Ross and Phillips). Go figure.

Let's just hope that this team is getting the bug out of it's system now, and we'll be less banged-up as we go along.

Absolute worst-case scenario for when Boley comes back (assuming it stays 4 weeks) is we're .500. And that assumes the Raiders suddenly learn how to play offense.

If there ever is a good time for injury I guess early on is better. Boley was really impressing.

Man we need him in 2 weeks vs the Saints :furious:

Not gonna happen. As someone who's had similar surgery I'd say don't expect much more contribution from him the rest of the year.. yea he maybe back to play but the knee takes a while to recover.

Not gonna happen. As someone who's had similar surgery I'd say don't expect much more contribution from him the rest of the year.. yea he maybe back to play but the knee takes a while to recover.

Yeah, similar surgery is not the same surgery. Plus, he's probably going to be rehabbing that thing much more than you were able to do, with the best physical therapists out there. I don't think it's out of the question that in 6 weeks he'll be back helping our defense.

Blackburn and Kehl... time to step up. We know they can both play (at least I do)... but Boley was playing like a monster. Big shoes to fill.

I think we'll be alright. The schedule sets up in such a way that his first game back might be against his old team and coach that put him in the doghouse... Atlanta after the bye week.

Yeah, similar surgery is not the same surgery. Plus, he's probably going to be rehabbing that thing much more than you were able to do, with the best physical therapists out there. I don't think it's out of the question that in 6 weeks he'll be back helping our defense.

Blackburn and Kehl... time to step up. We know they can both play (at least I do)... but Boley was playing like a monster. Big shoes to fill.

I think we'll be alright. The schedule sets up in such a way that his first game back might be against his old team and coach that put him in the doghouse... Atlanta after the bye week.

It's the nature of the beast, Jim. Rehab or not it takes the body sometime to fully recover. in about 3 weeks I was back walking, running.. etc. But the earth felt shaky underneath me... Sure he can come back to help out but he needs at least 6 months (and that's an optimistic estimate) to fully recover.

Now, torn meniscus doesn't happen over night which makes me wonder how on earth this was missed during the offeseason when he was signed? I don't mean he shouldn't have been signed, the guy sure looks pretty good out there.. but the surgery should have taken place months ago.

It's the nature of the beast, Jim. Rehab or not it takes the body sometime to fully recover. in about 3 weeks I was back walking, running.. etc. But the earth felt shaky underneath me... Sure he can come back to help out but he needs at least 6 months (and that's an optimistic estimate) to fully recover.

Now, torn meniscus doesn't happen over night which makes me wonder how on earth this was missed during the offeseason when he was signed? I don't mean he shouldn't have been signed, the guy sure looks pretty good out there.. but the surgery should have taken place months ago.

And everyone heals/recovers at different rates

a torn Meniscus doesn't happen over night?

What happens with a meniscus tear (torn cartilage)?

The two most common causes of a meniscus tear are due to traumaticinjury (often seen in athletes) and degenerative processes (seen inolder patients who have more brittle cartilage). The most commonmechanism of a traumatic meniscus tear occurs when the knee joint isbent and the knee is then twisted.

It is not uncommon for the meniscus tear to occur along with injuries to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and the medial collateral ligament (MCL)-these three problems occurring together are known as the "unhappy triad," which is seen in sports such as football when the player is hit on the outside of the knee.

And everyone heals/recovers at different rates

a torn Meniscus doesn't happen over night?

I'm aware everyone heals at different rates.. I either was known as a fast healer or a bone-head who just loved football so much I played anyway. So when I tell you it takes that long, I'm pretty much being optimistic.

As far as the over-night part. yes.. usually it begins with a microscopic tare that gets bigger with over-use.. which was totally the case with me. Now granted my left knee was so bad that I it was torn in multiple spots and the disturbing thing is I had insisted to my doctor that I get an MRI after x-rays revealed nothing.. i was limping after every game for 3 years. So maybe mine was worse since I'd kept damaging it for a while.. yet the recovery part is real.. with all the scar tissue etc.

Kehl underwent surgery yesterday as well.

They where repairing a "fractured finger" so one would hope he would be back soon but still this is just getting crazy.