SportsWrath

"Moose" Johnston has figured out what wrong w Jacobs

JackStroud

what agenda? the dog has been saying for two years that jacobs doesn't attack the line of scrimmage unless he has a gaping hole to run through...he doesn't run over players unless he is one on one with a d-back, he consistently gets stopped in short yardage situations, he can't carry the load for a full season, he can't create yardage as a running back...everyone is talking about his first few games as if any of this new. the only new thing is instead of everyone coming to his defense that he is a beast, now he is being focused on for all of this...he is a solid back, nothing more...

:ermm:

Snoop doggy dumb

typically the dog would advise someone in this circumstance that if they didn't have anything intelligent to add, then just say nothing at all...but in your case, we would then never have the opportunity to read anything from you, and well, that would be just a shame...

In related news, Brandon Jacobs has pointed out the flaws in Moose Johnson's color commentary. He is however, quite late in his findings.

Moose is a commentator and his remarks make a lot of sense. This may just be the thing that makes BJ rip yards the way he's supposed to. If you guys remember correctly, I used to blast Plax for not playing like he's capable of playing (see NFC championship game at GB). BJ is in the same boat right now.. I like BJ and I think he'll come thru just fine.

do you carry a caps lock key in yours?

nah

but BJ has decided to do the best Ron Dayne imitation I've ever seen

He should watch some old tapes of Jim Brown and Larry Csonka (well not the one where Larry took the Pisardhek hand off at the hip)

and he should live by the Denver Ultimatum...........seek 2 holes, pick one quickly and take it

In Denver under Shanahan if you di not do that you hit the pine on the next series

nah

but BJ has decided to do the best Ron Dayne imitation I've ever seen

He should watch some old tapes of Jim Brown and Larry Csonka (well not the one where Larry took the Pisardhek hand off at the hip)

and he should live by the Denver Ultimatum...........seek 2 holes, pick one quickly and take it

In Denver under Shanahan if you di not do that you hit the pine on the next series

i think you're over-reacting, which is what the Defenses are doing when he carries the ball. give it till the bye, then we can talk.

i think you're over-reacting, which is what the Defenses are doing when he carries the ball. give it till the bye, then we can talk.

well hes been stopped in te backfield something like 35 times

I don't think I'm over-reacting.....he is a shell of even his freshman self

one guy can bring him down now......even in the open field

Bradshaw on the other hand has caught lightning in a bottle

Moose is a commentator and his remarks make a lot of sense. This may just be the thing that makes BJ rip yards the way he's supposed to. If you guys remember correctly, I used to blast Plax for not playing like he's capable of playing (see NFC championship game at GB). BJ is in the same boat right now.. I like BJ and I think he'll come thru just fine.

Are you serious that he makes sense?. Seriously?

Nah how could he possibly know anything about being a power RB

what in the world in his background could possibly qualify him to comment on running the football in the NFL?

Preposterous

Guys like you know much more than say............ the former power RB of the Dallas Cowboys

LOL

typically the dog would advise someone in this circumstance that if they didn't have anything intelligent to add, then just say nothing at all...but in your case, we would then never have the opportunity to read anything from you, and well, that would be just a shame...

true enough, if the dog were saying he should just run over players...etc...but the dog is simply observing that he doesn't do that unless it is someone he signifcantly over matches. he doesn't have the ability to make people miss as it is not his running style, and he often gets stopped on short yardage situations...all observable and all speaking to the fact that he isn't the beast everyone here liked to describe him as for two years. the dog's point is that this is nothing new, so why discuss it now? nothing has changed, the line just isn't giving him the gaping gift holes right now. some backs can make something happen with less...he can't. he is not the type of back like bradshaw that is quick and can make people miss, and for reasons known only to him, he does not hit the LOS hard and run through tacklers unless he is in the open field and overmatching a smaller player...it makes for a average to solid back. nothing more.

true enough, if the dog were saying he should just run over players...etc...but the dog is simply observing that he doesn't do that unless it is someone he signifcantly over matches. he doesn't have the ability to make people miss as it is not his running style, and he often gets stopped on short yardage situations...all observable and all speaking to the fact that he isn't the beast everyone here liked to describe him as for two years. the dog's point is that this is nothing new, so why discuss it now? nothing has changed, the line just isn't giving him the gaping gift holes right now. some backs can make something happen with less...he can't. he is not the type of back like bradshaw that is quick and can make people miss, and for reasons known only to him, he does not hit the LOS hard and run through tacklers unless he is in the open field and overmatching a smaller player...it makes for a average to solid back. nothing more.

I have seen Jacobs run over plenty of linebackers, one that stands out to me was the abusing he put on Urlachher both 2 years ago and this past pre season.

As for all these Jacobs issues, one that I think no one is giving any credence to is his trying to avoid contact thus to avoid injury, which if there can be any knock on him the past 2 years with a 5 yards a carry average and 20 tds is that his durability is not that great. Is it possible he is trying to avoid early season beatings so that he can actually play 16 games?

Yes it makes a whole lot of sense. Moose made an observation for which each one of us is entitled to agree, disagree, or fall somewhere in between. From a commentator's standpoint, Moose was right.. he made an observation because that's what he saw and is paid to say on television. BJ is a proud young kid who for some reason has not lived up to what we're used to from him.. Now BJ might just have an extra motivation to perform like BJ is capable of.

Nah how could he possibly know anything about being a power RB

what in the world in his background could possibly qualify him to comment on running the football in the NFL?

Preposterous

Guys like you know much more than say............ the former power RB of the Dallas Cowboys

LOL

The great thing about you jack is that when you miss the point, you really miss the fuck out of it. 1)You're not Nas. 2)Moose Johnson was a fullback and yes he was a good one, but a former power RB of the Cowboys, that would be Emmitt Smith. 3) I'm not making a point that I know more than Moose Johnson, I'm saying he makes stupid comments, and I'm not wrong, that's been noted here before.

Try again.

The great thing about you jack is that when you miss the point, you really miss the fuck out of it. 1)You're not Nas. 2)Moose Johnson was a fullback and yes he was a good one, but a former power RB of the Cowboys, that would be Emmitt Smith. 3) I'm not making a point that I know more than Moose Johnson, I'm saying he makes stupid comments, and I'm not wrong, that's been noted here before.

Try again.

Excuse me

YOU know more about running the ball in the NFL than Moose

Why would I question that"?

I have seen Jacobs run over plenty of linebackers, one that stands out to me was the abusing he put on Urlachher both 2 years ago and this past pre season.

As for all these Jacobs issues, one that I think no one is giving any credence to is his trying to avoid contact thus to avoid injury, which if there can be any knock on him the past 2 years with a 5 yards a carry average and 20 tds is that his durability is not that great. Is it possible he is trying to avoid early season beatings so that he can actually play 16 games?

if this is the case, then the dog is reasonably confident that he will unfortunately for him be done in by the one thing he is trying to avoid...you can't run more timid as a back in the NFL to try and preserve yourself and not fall to injury because of that...the dog is no fan of jacobs, but would hate to see an injury result from that for any player...very dangerous in the dog's opinion.

All preseason it's been "The Giants have no wide receivers...you beat them by stopping the running game." You also heard, "The running game isn't the same because Derrick Ward left, and he was a 1,000 yard rusher."

So why exactly is it so surprising that opponents are keying on and slowing the one known quantity of the Giant's offense from last year?

Shit, I hope Jacob's has his worst statistical season if that means the WRs and Bradshaw wind up winning us the SB.

Brilliant response! (I figured I'd quote myself, since so many are doing it on this thread already. :rolleyes: )

92 yards last week, 92 yards this week. The YPC aren't up to his usual high standard, but not exactly Billy Taylor-level. (The legendary 100 yard game in 50 carries--now THAT was committing to the run!)

Besides we're not a single-back unit and haven't been one since 2006--you have to judge them as a committee. And as a unit, Jacobs and Bradshaw are averaging comfortably over 100 yards a game, even with the Dallas game. While on the road 3 of the first 4 games. Playing two good divisional defenses. With all 4 teams keying on our running game.

Now that there's film showing our receivers punishing our opponents when they key on the run game, things should loosen up a bit.

Brilliant response! (I figured I'd quote myself, since so many are doing it on this thread already. :rolleyes: )

92 yards last week, 92 yards this week. The YPC aren't up to his usual high standard, but not exactly Billy Taylor-level. (The legendary 100 yard game in 50 carries--now THAT was committing to the run!)

Besides we're not a single-back unit and haven't been one since 2006--you have to judge them as a committee. And as a unit, Jacobs and Bradshaw are averaging comfortably over 100 yards a game, even with the Dallas game. While on the road 3 of the first 4 games. Playing two good divisional defenses. With all 4 teams keying on our running game.

Now that there's film showing our receivers punishing our opponents when they key on the run game, things should loosen up a bit.

i thought i said it first, only a bit more brief and certainly less eloquent.

billy taylor, lol