SportsWrath

Eli up there with Peyton, Brady?

Lubeck

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/?eref=fromSI

UCLA coach on the Dan Patrick show today...saw this on the blog.

-- Neuheisel saidi it's a joy to watch guys like Peyton Manning play. He has risen the bar for quarterback play," Neuheisel said of Manning. Neuheisel said that Tom Brady and Eli Manning are now in that category

I think it is a tad premature but I'm not an NCAA football coach.

Naw, he's right. I said that from the day he was drafted.

:ph34r:

It's a little premature. BUT, I have been extremely impressed with Eli's play so far. I said before the season that Eli made a big jump last year, and he is poised to make another one this year, to elevate himself among the best in the league, and so far, he is doing that.

He is willing his team to win. Some of the red zone inefficiency has to fall on him, though, so I think that is an area where he can still get better. It's mostly Killdrive, though. But Eli has been terrific so far, I hope he keeps it up!

It's a little premature. BUT, I have been extremely impressed with Eli's play so far. I said before the season that Eli made a big jump last year, and he is poised to make another one this year, to elevate himself among the best in the league, and so far, he is doing that.

He is willing his team to win. Some of the red zone inefficiency has to fall on him, though, so I think that is an area where he can still get better. It's mostly Killdrive, though. But Eli has been terrific so far, I hope he keeps it up!

Exactly. I can only think of one pass that was terribly thrown, the rest have been on target, or only where the receiver can catch it. He looks sharp and confident in the pocket. His numbers should defintely increase with these next 2 games.

Exactly. I can only think of one pass that was terribly thrown, the rest have been on target, or only where the receiver can catch it. He looks sharp and confident in the pocket. His numbers should defintely increase with these next 2 games.

You'd think so but you'd also think he'd have a better game against the Bucs. Sure if he plays the whole game I'd give him 200 yards but he'll never put up the numbers his brother or Brady does simply because he has a dominating running game and Giants style football isn't to put up big #s its ball control ball control ball control.

You'd think so but you'd also think he'd have a better game against the Bucs. Sure if he plays the whole game I'd give him 200 yards but he'll never put up the numbers his brother or Brady does simply because he has a dominating running game and Giants style football isn't to put up big #s its ball control ball control ball control.

Very true. But this yr is unexpectedly different. We have this nice passing game, and people are keying on the run. Normally its smash mouth D and run game, but I see some of these other receivers stepping up and making plays, kinda like Sinorice did. I too dont think overall, Eli is gonna be remembered for his 400+ yd games, but hes gonna throw more than usuaul since we have a bevy of receivers.

I agree....he has been very impressive so far. He has the same poise we saw in the 2007 playoffs. Lots of football left to be played, but so far, he's been exceptional.

I think a lot of credit goes to his receivers. Plaxico and Shockey had that bullshit attitude, whereas Smith and Manningham just go out and do the right thing.

He finally has two guys that can hurt you in single coverage....I'm not going to hate on Toomer, but the past couple of years were a real fade job.

And when Plax went down, teams figured out they could tangle Hixon up at the line, and single Toomer without much danger, and then stick extra guys in the box against the run.

Smith and Manningham are just abusing teams that try that.

And to think we'll be gettng Nicks in there soon (hopefully).

I can't see Manningham getting bumped down when Hixon comes back....if anything, Nicks and Hixon will be battling for time.

Frankly, Hixon is more of a flier than a true #1 receiver....he just doesn't have those groovy #1 moves.