SportsWrath

Guess some questions were answered.

Virginia Giant

two questions going into the game.

1: Whats wrong with the running game

2: How will the D hold up with the injuries.

Nearly 200 yards between Jacobs and Bradshaw and a shutout by the D, even against the hapless Bucs, is a good sign. I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like we thoroughly dominated TB, and their O played pretty well before today.

two questions going into the game.

1: Whats wrong with the running game

2: How will the D hold up with the injuries.

Nearly 200 yards between Jacobs and Bradshaw and a shutout by the D, even against the hapless Bucs, is a good sign. I didn't get to see the game, but it looks like we thoroughly dominated TB, and their O played pretty well before today.

Score aside, we didn't dominate... Tampa sucked balls. The 21 yard missed fg by types ticked me off.. our red zone issues are staring us in the face. Glad we're 3-0 though.

Score aside, we didn't dominate... Tampa sucked balls. The 21 yard missed fg by types ticked me off.. our red zone issues are staring us in the face. Glad we're 3-0 though.

I know we say this every year, but... how the fuck is Tynes still on the team? This is his second miss in two weeks. Cut that useless shitwad.

we totally dominated

look at the time of possession !

.....and all the yards they got were in garbage time anyway

....and Tynes is going to lose us a vital game soon .... but we wont cut him

we looked very good today IMO

I mean no disrepect but, how the hell did you see the game? Is Channel 4 carrying American Football live now? I was looking for an online stream the whole game.

I mean no disrepect but, how the hell did you see the game? Is Channel 4 carrying American Football live now? I was looking for an online stream the whole game.

NFL game pass ......for $239 per season ...... (or Sky or Channel 5 for weeks 1 and 2 when we were on )

How so? Tampa couldn't get anything going offensivly, what, they had 9 yards at half time? Thats pretty dominating.

Jacobs is pissing me off. He doesn't run with the same authority he used to...he knows if he does he'll get injured and he isn't hitting holes the way he used to. I hate to say it but now that he has his money he isn't playing the same. I'd rather see him miss 2-3 games with his old style than see a complete season of 3.5 YPC he's doing now.

a few things about jacobs

so far this season, it seems like the holes arent as big as they used to be for jacobs

also seems like defensive players finally learned that they cant tackle him up high, making it appear that jacobs is sucking.

thats waht it looks like to me at least

Whats the status of McKenzie? Anyone know?

Jacobs seems like he tries to go out of his way to make contact, looking for that big bulldozer hit on some defender. Instead of just hittin the holes. I dont, its kinda pissin me off. But our receiving game is not skipping a beat, maybe even better form where it was with Plax. And Ahmad is a fuckin stud. I want his jersey. :flex:

I know we say this every year, but... how the fuck is Tynes still on the team? This is his second miss in two weeks. Cut that useless shitwad.

Sometimes I wonder where I'd be now if I'd not given up on trying to try out.. seriously.. I used to make 59 yarders regularly.. 60 yarders that made my friends' jaws drop.. so when tynes missed that 21 yarder.. I'm like wtf.. this is going to bite us in the ass if we don't fix it.

My bet is the Giants will be looking to upgrade that position soon.. before this season is over.

Jacobs is pissing me off. He doesn't run with the same authority he used to...he knows if he does he'll get injured and he isn't hitting holes the way he used to. I hate to say it but now that he has his money he isn't playing the same. I'd rather see him miss 2-3 games with his old style than see a complete season of 3.5 YPC he's doing now.

I don't know why he's taking a while to get going.. I'm hoping he gets it going next week. You can bet Bradshaw playing lights out is gonna light up a fire under his ass.. and we know BJ is competitive and let's not forget how our team played without him late last season. Also, I think it has a lot to do with the way teams line up when BJ is in the line up. He doesn't get enough credit for all the passes Eli is completing to single-covered WRs.

P.S. I don't know how I managed to both criticize and defend the guy in the same response :)

There really isn't a single kick that Tynes cannot miss. I have absolutely no confidence in this guy. I feel like a broken fucking record with this

How so? Tampa couldn't get anything going offensivly, what, they had 9 yards at half time? Thats pretty dominating.

VG, this was complete domination....the only reason why the score wasn't 35-0 or even 42-0 was because of our ongoing Red Zone issues.

Tynes missed a chip shot inside the 30, and as usual, Killdrive couldn't resist stalling a drive with yet another Hedgecock incompletion.... the Giants would have a better chance scoring by sending the King of Queens out of a swing pass. I've seen fucking Perdue chickens with a longer wingspan than Hedgecock.

So, really, the biggest threat to the Giants today was the Giants. The Bucs might as well not have shown up, that's has shitty they played.

There really isn't a single kick that Tynes cannot miss. I have absolutely no confidence in this guy. I feel like a broken fucking record with this

My very bowels clinched as I was driving to the supermarket listening to the radio feed....on how he basically missed an extra point. If I was the special teams coach I would put my boot up his ass, soon as he hit the sideline. :05-mafia::furious:

My very bowels clinched as I was driving to the supermarket listening to the radio feed....on how he basically missed an extra point. If I was the special teams coach I would put my boot up his ass, soon as he hit the sideline. :05-mafia::furious:

I'm at a complete loss as to what the Giants see in this guy.

This is the same dude that almost lost the 2007 NFC Championship game - twice. If not for getting 3 chances, he would go down in Giants playoff lore next to Trey Junkin.

This is the 2nd game in a row that he's blown a chip shot....it nearly cost us the Dallas game.

You can see that he is looking for holes or cutbacks, it is even worse when he is in the single back set. Normally when he follows Hedgecock to the hole he is the most productive. He had a couple of runs where he hit the line at full speed, but for the most part he was hesitant and that will lead to more injuries then anything else.