SportsWrath

Does Manning seem more in control this year

fishgutmartyr

I know it's still early, and Eli is always better earlier in the season than towards the end, but it really seems as if he's playing with a different vibe this year.

Even in his interviews, the "aw shucks" Eli seems to have disappeared. (Would the Eli of 2 years ago say to an interviewer that "our red zone play is killing us"?) On the field, there doesn't seem to be any hesitation in his play at all.

He seems totally in charge, and based on his stats so far, is thriving in the circumstances. We've always seen flashes, and we started to see it more often last year, but this year so far it looks like he's on a completely new level.

I know it's still early, and Eli is always better earlier in the season than towards the end, but it really seems as if he's playing with a different vibe this year.

Even in his interviews, the "aw shucks" Eli seems to have disappeared. (Would the Eli of 2 years ago say to an interviewer that "our red zone play is killing us"?) On the field, there doesn't seem to be any hesitation in his play at all.

He seems totally in charge, and based on his stats so far, is thriving in the circumstances. We've always seen flashes, and we started to see it more often last year, but this year so far it looks like he's on a completely new level.

hes much more comfortable in the pocket, and has given up the flying ducks in favor of the more traditional spiral his brother throws

maybe David Carr has been giving him spiral lessons... :rolleyes:

Jacobs is the problem in the Red Zone.....he should not even be in there....he hits the pocket way to slow and has the impact of a jelly donut........the guy has lost his Mojo completely

Yea, the kid has played 2 very good games, against tuff defenses. He keeps this up, and the run game is going to be as good as when we had Plax. I bet Tampa is already questioning whether or not its worth it to stack the box.

hes much more comfortable in the pocket, and has given up the flying ducks in favor of the more traditional spiral his brother throws

maybe David Carr has been giving him spiral lessons... :rolleyes:

Jacobs is the problem in the Red Zone.....he should not even be in there....he hits the pocket way to slow and has the impact of a jelly donut........the guy has lost his Mojo completely

jack its not jacobs. THe run blocking at the goal line or between the goal line and 10 yd line is weak.

Everytime they try to run I see Lb's shooting the gap or our Olinemen getting beat at the point of attack.

I dont see this line being extremely physical and winning the battle against equally physical

D lines. Gilbride will need to adjust and not be predictable in the redzone in order to be effective.

jack its not jacobs. THe run blocking at the goal line or between the goal line and 10 yd line is weak.

Everytime they try to run I see Lb's shooting the gap or our Olinemen getting beat at the point of attack.

I dont see this line being extremely physical and winning the battle against equally physical

D lines. Gilbride will need to adjust and not be predictable in the redzone in order to be effective.

I absolutely disagree

Jacobs is hesitating much like Dayne did

and watch Bradshaw hit the hole like a cannon ball.........Jacobs hits the hole like a hesitant fat woman

he is not the player he was as a rookie.......something is wrong with the guy

I absolutely disagree

Jacobs is hesitating much like Dayne did

and watch Bradshaw hit the hole like a cannon ball.........Jacobs hits the hole like a hesitant fat woman

he is not the player he was as a rookie.......something is wrong with the guy

While I agree that Bradshaw is quicker to the hole, I'd remind you that he was stuffed on one of those 3rd & 1's against Washington, too. I wonder if our plays too easily read? We've tried inside & outside and either way, they get more people to the ball than we have blockers. Do we telegraph the play with our formations or are our guys just executing poorly?