SportsWrath

"Super" Mario Manningham.

BlueInCanada

Not surprised at all about Manningham. I just wonder who's stepping up next week. I think Hixon just got bumped on the chart if he misses another game or two.

I'm hoping Hixon is bumped down, because frankly, we won't go far this year if he's our #1 or #2 option.

Not to hate on Hixon or anything, but him getting knocked out of the game could have been one of the factors in the Giants victory. He’s a #3 WR in my opinion, but he’s clearly not our #1 guy, and he’s not dangerous enough as a #2 either. Basically, Eli had the option of going with two wide receivers (Manningham, Smith) that could hurt you in single coverage. No way to double both of them, plus the Big Boss man.

I’m seeing Manningham, Smith, and Nicks as our three guys, with Barden coming in depending on the situation.

Is it too much to have asked for 1 jump ball to the corner of the endzone for Barden last night... the FB slant was a no fucking starter

Yah, let's use the play that works less than 50% of the time.

The "jumpball" is a "crapshoot".

Playaction, look for Boss over the middle. On first down.

No more, run, run, pass, field goal.

Yeah as Tree said Gilbride isnt gonna change.

I mean any fuckin fan watchin last night knows that Hedgecock

cannot catch the ball. How ridiculous can our OC be????

In Martin's playbook the Hedgecock pass is the last

play in the book. I mean the desperation play of the century.

gezzzz this freaking guy !!!! :ranting2:

Martin officially lost it :rules:

"Hedgecock" is going to become a synonym for dropping a short pass.

It has much to do with his body width and how the shoulder pads restrict him form making catchings above his head. Players with this body type can only be throw to low around the ribs.

he may be my favorite giant.

My Eagles fan buddy loves him, always watches Giants games with me and says how much he wishes he played for the Eagles. During the Tampa playoff game during our SB run, we both fell in love with him, if Jacobs ran with Bradshaws power and determination at the line he'd be unstoppale.

I'm hoping Hixon is bumped down, because frankly, we won't go far this year if he's our #1 or #2 option.

Not to hate on Hixon or anything, but him getting knocked out of the game could have been one of the factors in the Giants victory. He’s a #3 WR in my opinion, but he’s clearly not our #1 guy, and he’s not dangerous enough as a #2 either. Basically, Eli had the option of going with two wide receivers (Manningham, Smith) that could hurt you in single coverage. No way to double both of them, plus the Big Boss man.

I’m seeing Manningham, Smith, and Nicks as our three guys, with Barden coming in depending on the situation.

I can't agree more. Save Hixon for punt returns.

My Eagles fan buddy loves him, always watches Giants games with me and says how much he wishes he played for the Eagles. During the Tampa playoff game during our SB run, we both fell in love with him, if Jacobs ran with Bradshaws power and determination at the line he'd be unstoppale.

I think Jacobs experiencing injuries had made him a little more tentative than when he first started for the Giants. If Bradshaw had been sidelined as often as Jacobs, he too might get a little more tentative.

But the biggest problem with Jacobs is that the opposition is keying in on him and our line is not making the holes for him to get going. Because of his size, he needs about 3 yards to get up to speed and once that happens, he's a fucking renegade bulldozer. He hasn't had too many opportunities to get up to speed yet. I feel for the 180 lb CB stuck with trying to bring him down once he's broken free and has his momentum going in the open ground.

Regardless, Bradshaw is a great compliment to Jacobs. It's just they have two entirely different styles to their game and the rest of the team has to adjust accordingly.....and they haven't adjusted well for Jacobs yet.

Jacobs already does unfortunately he cannot hide behind the offensive linemen as well as Bradshaw can. The season is off to a very nice start.

I can't agree more. Save Hixon for punt returns.

I really wish I knew the thread title where everyone was saying they thought Hixon was our definitive number 1.

So I could say "I told you so" to all those people.

Jacobs already does unfortunately he cannot hide behind the offensive linemen as well as Bradshaw can. The season is off to a very nice start.

I love Jacobs, but i don't think he hits the hole as hard as bradshaw, not by a long shot. Jacobs uses blocking better, get to the outside and punishes a DB, we all love it but Bradshaw is a monster in a pint sized body.

I think it's more about the low center of gravity than power or passion. If you think about all of the tall RB's of our era- I can only think of Hampton, Jacobs and Eddie George off the top of my head- they run with the same straight up style- it wears the defense down over time and they need a hole to get sprung.

I think it's more about the low center of gravity than power or passion. If you think about all of the tall RB's of our era- I can only think of Hampton, Jacobs and Eddie George off the top of my head- they run with the same straight up style- it wears the defense down over time and they need a hole to get sprung.

Thats a good point.