SportsWrath

Who is the best NFL Quarterback?

rphguy

Yes there was that one that I thought the flag was a lot more legit than the one I was talking about in my above post. But I didn't think that was Wilfork that spun him down... but I could be wrong. On that play, the whistle had blown well before he spun him and threw him to the ground. I still thought the refs could've bit the whistle, but Wilfork (or whoever it was) definitely had the opportunity to just let go before that happened.

But again, he just let's go and Edwards could potentially continue to make a play...like Young and Manning (in the Super Bowl)...

And I bet it's pretty tough to hear a whistle when thousands of fans are cheering as you're making a sack and you're focused on bringing a QB down. I barely heard the whistle myself, anyway.

I think the Wilfork hit was the one that he spun him down on...That's the one I was thinking of anyway...and he only spun him down to make sure he didn't pull an Eli or a Vince Young and continue to make a play.

Nope, Jim's right, the Wilfork hit was an even lamer call than the one you're talking about. The one where the QB was spun down was a little more legit, although even if the defender just released him, Edwards was hitting the ground.

Nope, Jim's right, the Wilfork hit was an even lamer call than the one you're talking about. The one where the QB was spun down was a little more legit, although even if the defender just released him, Edwards was hitting the ground.

It was Adalius Thomas that spun Edwards to the ground. I've heard lots of times that players don't even hear the fans when they are on the field. I certainly heard the whistle. Not saying it was a good call, but it was more in line with the rules than the Wilfork hit.