SportsWrath

Who is the best NFL Quarterback?

rphguy

Well...they don't really run the ball....last year at this time, Jay Cutler very easily could have been considered the best NFL QB. Peyton Manning is obviously another choice...their teams have been below average at best at running the football....you become one dimensional like that, you'd better hope your QB can put up 35 points or you're going to lose.

Well...they don't really run the ball....last year at this time, Jay Cutler very easily could have been considered the best NFL QB. Peyton Manning is obviously another choice...their teams have been below average at best at running the football....you become one dimensional like that, you'd better hope your QB can put up 35 points or you're going to lose.

they tried but reggie had major dropsie issues.

Not saying I like the guy, but Tom Brady is still the best QB in the NFL. Would anyone be surprised if Brady threw for 6 TDs tonight? I wouldn't. And Brady doesn't play in a dome.

Look at Drew Brees' splits last year. 80.3 rating on the road. 11 TDs versus 12 INTs. He's just not as good when he has the elements to deal with, and I believe that his numbers playing in a dome are a little artificially inflated. Tom Brady does it in the northeast, and he is just as good on the road as at home. In fact, he was a little bit better on the road than at home in his last full season... 107.9 rating at home, 127.0 rating on the road. Those are the numbers of someone who really is the best QB in the NFL.

Well, since Eli's wearing a Giant uniform, I vote him. -_-

He looked damned good yesterday. I don't remember him ever being that accurate.

I don't know if I missed it or not but Eli didn't even complain to the refs when he was grabbed by the face mask.. even so briefly. I'm surprised that play didn't get much mention on the tv shows either.

I don't know if I missed it or not but Eli didn't even complain to the refs when he was grabbed by the face mask.. even so briefly. I'm surprised that play didn't get much mention on the tv shows either.

How bout the travesty of "late hit" penalties that the Patriots kept getting nailed with last night? I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but if refs seriously expect defensive linemen to pick QBs up and gently drop them on the ground then they should be reffing some other sport. Regardless of being given the task of "protecting" quarterbacks(in quotes because that's the OFFENSIVE LINES job), referees should realize the difference between a late hit and playing FOOTBALL. At the end of that Bills-Pats game, if the guy doesn't bring him to the ground, Trent Edwards pulls a Vince Young and stays on his feet, likely to complete a pass.

And seriously, Tom Brady really is the best quarterback in the NFL, and has been for quite a while. He's likely the best I've personally ever seen play, aside from MAYBE Elway and Steve Young.

How bout the travesty of "late hit" penalties that the Patriots kept getting nailed with last night? I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but if refs seriously expect defensive linemen to pick QBs up and gently drop them on the ground then they should be reffing some other sport. Regardless of being given the task of "protecting" quarterbacks(in quotes because that's the OFFENSIVE LINES job), referees should realize the difference between a late hit and playing FOOTBALL. At the end of that Bills-Pats game, if the guy doesn't bring him to the ground, Trent Edwards pulls a Vince Young and stays on his feet, likely to complete a pass.

And seriously, Tom Brady really is the best quarterback in the NFL, and has been for quite a while. He's likely the best I've personally ever seen play, aside from MAYBE Elway and Steve Young.

The worst call last night was stripping the Raiders of their first TD. That kid was down; the ground knocked the ball loose. That used to be a catch.

The worst call last night was stripping the Raiders of their first TD. That kid was down; the ground knocked the ball loose. That used to be a catch.

You're right, funny thing is, Ben Watson's 2nd touchdown, the go ahead one which was reviewed in the booth, the same thing happened and it was a touchdown. In the Raiders game it was overturned lol.

I'm still trying to figure out what Wilfork did that was worthy of a flag.

YAAHH that's who it was.

It was like, well Buffalo Bills, you guys haven't beaten the Patriots in 12 contests, have a free roughing the passer - 15 yards. Now you can score a touchdown, but hopefully somewhere along the line you don't screw it up like always.

The Wilfork hit is the one where the refs said he went "LOW" into the quarterback... it is the so-called "Brady rule", after the hit below the knee Brady took last year that cost him the season. However, Wilfork's hit wasn't below the knee. He squared Brady up right at the waist. It's a terrible call, an even more terrible rule, and it's going to lead to more controversy as the season wears on.

They are going way too far in protecting QB's. You are never going to be able to eliminate injury in football.. it's a violent game. The QB's know it's part of the deal. Guys can barely touch the QB anymore... this is quickly becoming circus-like with all these ridiculous rules that the defender has to take into account when trying to tackle the QB. You can't go high and hit him in the head, you can't go below the knee, and you can't lead with your helment. Why doesn't the NFL just put a red jersey on the QB. Let's just go to 2 hand touch already.

NFL, you're becoming a joke.

And the Murphy call was the worst call I've ever seen after the call had the benefit of replay. The rule is an absolute mockery of football. By the time the ball came out, Murphy had hit the ground with his ass and his elbow with possession, and still that wasn't "down" enough for Carl Cheffers, who has just elevated himself to the worst ref in organized sports.

The Wilfork hit is the one where the refs said he went "LOW" into the quarterback... it is the so-called "Brady rule", after the hit below the knee Brady took last year that cost him the season. However, Wilfork's hit wasn't below the knee. He squared Brady up right at the waist. It's a terrible call, an even more terrible rule, and it's going to lead to more controversy as the season wears on.

They are going way too far in protecting QB's. You are never going to be able to eliminate injury in football.. it's a violent game. The QB's know it's part of the deal. Guys can barely touch the QB anymore... this is quickly becoming circus-like with all these ridiculous rules that the defender has to take into account when trying to tackle the QB. You can't go high and hit him in the head, you can't go below the knee, and you can't lead with your helment. Why doesn't the NFL just put a red jersey on the QB. Let's just go to 2 hand touch already.

NFL, you're becoming a joke.

And the Murphy call was the worst call I've ever seen after the call had the benefit of replay. The rule is an absolute mockery of football. By the time the ball came out, Murphy had hit the ground with his ass and his elbow with possession, and still that wasn't "down" enough for Carl Cheffers, who has just elevated himself to the worst ref in organized sports.

I think the Wilfork hit was the one that he spun him down on...That's the one I was thinking of anyway...and he only spun him down to make sure he didn't pull an Eli or a Vince Young and continue to make a play.

I think the Wilfork hit was the one that he spun him down on...That's the one I was thinking of anyway...and he only spun him down to make sure he didn't pull an Eli or a Vince Young and continue to make a play.

Yes there was that one that I thought the flag was a lot more legit than the one I was talking about in my above post. But I didn't think that was Wilfork that spun him down... but I could be wrong. On that play, the whistle had blown well before he spun him and threw him to the ground. I still thought the refs could've bit the whistle, but Wilfork (or whoever it was) definitely had the opportunity to just let go before that happened.

Yeah that's a dumb rule too. Short of picking the player up and spearing him head-first into the turf, or purposeful shots to the head, there shouldn't be a penalty for putting him on the ground before the whistle goes. If he can still evade the defender should be allowed to attack.

I didn't see the play though. If it happened after the whistle then fair enough, penalty.

Yeah that's a dumb rule too. Short of picking the player up and spearing him head-first into the turf, or purposeful shots to the head, there shouldn't be a penalty for putting him on the ground before the whistle goes. If he can still evade the defender should be allowed to attack.

I didn't see the play though. If it happened after the whistle then fair enough, penalty.

Exactly, I think the helmet to helmet rule is a good one, and probably the spearing rule, and I even am ok with the horse collar rule... but the other rules designed to protect the QB are doing so to the detriment of the game, and the referees are getting far too much opportunity to interject themselves into what should be clean football plays.