SportsWrath

Urgent Help Needed For Article

Blue Jeans

Ummmm Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Blair Thomas, and ect...............

What do those guys have to do with the combine being overrated?

The article you're talking about is an opinion. How are we supposed to help you write it? Should we tell you what you think?

I need some background help and shit. If you can help me find out like who dropped low because of the combine I will look into it. A la Chad Greenway, Anquan Boldin, Fabian Washington (last years 4.27 40), Tom Brady, Ernie Sims great combine, etc.

The poster child for combine inflated stock is Mike Mamula.

It's way too early to put any kind of grade on Fabian Washington.

The combine has improved a lot of players stock. It's also deflated some. Similar to the draft it's hardly an exact science. There were combine duds who went on to impressive NFL careers and vice versa.

Take a look at Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin....Neither ran blazing fast 40 times....hell, Bolden fell out of the first round because of it, and now they make up arguably the most dangerous recieving tandem in football.

Or Jeff Hatch....how many bench press reps did he get? 33 or 35? Because of this his stock rose, we pick him, and he amounted to nothing. What you see on tape is a whole lot more valuable than what you see on a stop-watch

I think it may be more logical to focus on why pre-draft workouts (Pro Days and Combine) are overrated, rather than concentrating exclusively on the combine. Keep in mind that a strong contingent of players invited to the combine elect not to workout, instead waiting for their Pro Day to run the 40, do bench reps, run shuttles, etc.

It's not difficult to find guys who rose or fall on the basis of their workouts in controlled environments instead of their performance on the field. The risers and fallers indicate that it is a flawed system, which I assume is you working thesis.

I need some background help and shit. If you can help me find out like who dropped low because of the combine I will look into it. A la Chad Greenway, Anquan Boldin, Fabian Washington (last years 4.27 40), Tom Brady, Ernie Sims great combine, etc.

I'd stay away from guys drafted recently because you can't make an accurate analysis of their career. However if you are looking for guys who rise because of a workout I wouldn't use Fabian Washington, but Stanford Routt who also ran an amazing 40 and went early in the 2nd round where most people had him as a 4th to 5th rounder.