SportsWrath

Tyree cut....Moss makes team......really?

JMFP

LOL.

All joking aside though, maybe I've just missed the games where Moss has played like shit. Didn't he just catch TWO tds against starters last week?

He drops passes? Really? Because I know Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, and Domenik Hixon have caught every ball thrown their way.

Let's not forget that one play before his legendary, highlight-reel performance, Tyree ran the wrong route in the Super Bowl and if Butterfingers Samuel holds on to the ball we're all talking about how Eli chokes in front of 160 million people instead of talking about "the catch."

Moss might not be great... but I'd have to say he's at least as good as the other guys we've got, and would probably make a damn good slot receiver.

Spoken like someone who would bang this chick. geddy-lee.jpg

LOL.

All joking aside though, maybe I've just missed the games where Moss has played like shit. Didn't he just catch TWO tds against starters last week?

He drops passes? Really? Because I know Mario Manningham, Steve Smith, and Domenik Hixon have caught every ball thrown their way.

Let's not forget that one play before his legendary, highlight-reel performance, Tyree ran the wrong route in the Super Bowl and if Butterfingers Samuel holds on to the ball we're all talking about how Eli chokes in front of 160 million people instead of talking about "the catch."

Moss might not be great... but I'd have to say he's at least as good as the other guys we've got, and would probably make a damn good slot receiver.

No actually he did not. Belichick rested all of his defensive first stringers in that preseason finale except for outside linebacker Pierre Woods. Moss had a good game against 2nd and 3rd stringers. In fact, the only two touchdowns in the NFL regular season Moss has ever had came in garbage time last year against the Seahawks.

I guess Seph, my problem is that there is so little evidence to support your view that Moss is any good at all. Even in NCAA, his season career high was 37 catches for 614 yards and 6 TDs. A lot of the support for him I've seen seems to be based on the fact that he was an early 2nd round selection. But do those numbers look like someone worthy of a pick that high? They don't to me... it was just a bad pick. Kind of an embarrassing pick.

Consider in 2008 Donnie Avery was picked in a similar position in the 2nd round, and in his final collegiate year he amassed 91 catches, 1456 yards and 7 TDs. Devin Thomas, picked one spot after Avery, had 79 catches for 1260 yards and 8 TDs. And in the same draft class as Sinorice, in the same round, picked 8 spots later, was Greg Jennings, who had 98 catches for 1259 yards and 14 TDs in his last NCAA season.

BTW, all this talk about Tyree's age is ridiculous... he's 29 years old! That is not over the hill even for a football player.

Moss: 3 years, 29 games, 38 catches, 403 yards, and 2 TDs (amassed in garbage time in one game).

I just don't see what you are looking at, my friend!

I know I'm being sentimental here, but I have a hard time supporting Tyree getting cut, but Moss staying on the team.

Granted, Tyree has been banged up and looked sloppy when he was healthy, but he knows the offense, and obviously, as we saw in the Super Bowl, the Force is strong in him. In a lot of ways, Tyree reminded me of Phil McConkey.....one of those guys whose worth to the team can't be measured with a stopwatch or a stat sheet.

Maybe Sinorice Moss has been the victim of lack of opportunity.....all I know is that this dude better step up this season, or else this could be something that bites the G-Men in the ass.

I think between the two it's a coin flip. We loved Tyree for his heroics and his special teams prowess. Moss hasn't shown anything... even returning kicks; it's like he runs in plance.. a lot of dancing around going nowhere. But it seems in Practice Moss showed a lil more than Tyree...

No actually he did not. Belichick rested all of his defensive first stringers in that preseason finale except for outside linebacker Pierre Woods. Moss had a good game against 2nd and 3rd stringers. In fact, the only two touchdowns in the NFL regular season Moss has ever had came in garbage time last year against the Seahawks.

I guess Seph, my problem is that there is so little evidence to support your view that Moss is any good at all. Even in NCAA, his season career high was 37 catches for 614 yards and 6 TDs. A lot of the support for him I've seen seems to be based on the fact that he was an early 2nd round selection. But do those numbers look like someone worthy of a pick that high? They don't to me... it was just a bad pick. Kind of an embarrassing pick.

Consider in 2008 Donnie Avery was picked in a similar position in the 2nd round, and in his final collegiate year he amassed 91 catches, 1456 yards and 7 TDs. Devin Thomas, picked one spot after Avery, had 79 catches for 1260 yards and 8 TDs. And in the same draft class as Sinorice, in the same round, picked 8 spots later, was Greg Jennings, who had 98 catches for 1259 yards and 14 TDs in his last NCAA season.

BTW, all this talk about Tyree's age is ridiculous... he's 29 years old! That is not over the hill even for a football player.

Moss: 3 years, 29 games, 38 catches, 403 yards, and 2 TDs (amassed in garbage time in one game).

I just don't see what you are looking at, my friend!

Yowsers. I know it's pure folly to speculate but...wow. Imagine it.

Moss is the only receiver on our team with big upside potential

he is small,fast, and powerfully built.........give him a chance

he has not had a lot of opptys to date

He's played 29 games. He's had 4 training camps. How much more of a chance does he need?