SportsWrath

Giants private jet landed in Denver today.

so-cal dub

http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/8774/broncos-buzz/rumor-marshall-en-route-to-new-york/

Rumor: Marshall en route to New York

Posted Wed Sep 2nd by Kyle

Brandon Marshall (Reuters Photo)

Denver sports radio station FM 104.3 The Fan has fielded “several reports” stating that wide receiver Brandon Marshall was seen at Denver International Airport boarding a plane to New York. This comes in light of reports today that the New York Jets are seriously exploring the possibility of trading for the disgruntled Marshall.

Adding fuel to the fire, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Denver Broncos would only be interested in trading Marshall if Jets LB David Harris was part of the package. Note that Schefter reports that the Broncos want Harris in any trade situation, not just a two-team trade with the Jets.

UPDATE: As ready broncoNM shrewdly points out, The Fan might also have been referring to the New York Giants. They have posted a picture on their web site of Giants private jet at Jeffco airport.

Is a deal for Marshall imminent? Let’s dig deeper.

Earlier today, Head Coach Josh McDaniels said that there were “no discussions whatsoever” involving a Marshall trade. He also emphasized that the team is looking forward to Marshall rejoining the team on September 6th.

Vic Lombardi gives his two cents this evening, saying the Broncos trading Marshall would be illogical (I agree). Lombardi also makes a very interesting point, noting that Marshall reached out to former Bronco Rod Smith and has been working out with the Mile High legend during his suspension. Maybe the wide receiver is finally – FINALLY – taking steps in the right direction.

Finally, The Fan has a history of jumping the gun with these things. Very recent history. Just last night, the station helped circulate a wild rumor Tuesday night from Scout.com websites that the Broncos were involved in a three-way trade with Arizona and Kansas City. The report didn’t have any legs.

Combined with the fact that no one has corroborated The Fan’s story tonight, and I’m not buying it. How many listeners would it take calling into the station reporting that Marshall was on a plane before The Fan runs with it? Five? Less?

Could it be true? Absolutely. Schefter’s word is gold, and so if the Jets agreed to the terms he laid out (Harris and a third round pick), Marshall could very well be on a plane. But until someone of caliber can confirm, I’m skeptical.

No way would they trade Osi, Kiwi would be the most likely DE heading in a trade. You never know though, maybe he heard some rumors and was just angry and that is why he left. So the question is, why is there a Giants plane there? Can it be that the Jets are using the Giants plane to fly Marshall over? Interesting :confused:

Im not sure why people dont want Marshall...Plaxico Burress wasnt exactly a great character guy in Pittsburgh(or NY for that matter).

The bottom line is Brandon Marshall can play and is a legit number 1 WR...something the giants really need. Im all for trading for this guy.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/09/plane_with_ny_giants_logo_in_d.html

Just a coincidence.

The Giants dont actually own any sort of jet.

The plane with the Giants logo that has sparked an overnight Internet frenzy of rumors of an impending trade of Brandon Marshall to the Giants appears to have been making nothing more than a coincidental trip to Denver.

In talking with folks in the know Thursday, I'm told the plane was not there as part of a meeting between any team officials and Marshall. Plus, a team spokesman said the Giants do not own a private plane.

None of the members of the Mara family owns a plane. There is a plane owned by the Tisch family, though it's unclear if it's marked with the Giants' "NY" logo.

While it remains unclear who owns the plane and who was aboard, what is becoming clear is its reason for being in Denver was not to transport a team official to a meeting with or about Marshall. The Giants have never used a private plane in personnel matters.

And while I can't completely rule out the Giants' having any interest in Marshall, my sense is the volatile receiver and all of his baggage are not very tempting to them right now -- especially after the Plaxico Burress ordeal.

Let's just stop it here, we're not in the habit of bringing in known peckerheads and we just purged a couple of them, over the past two years. I'd say that's the Jets plane, not ours and we're in no danger of seeing Marshall on our team. If anything we have two, strong, young lads who have had limited time with the first team.

I never knew we had a small private jet

must be for transporting the cheerleaders around LOL

The corporate jet. :doh:

What does the Giants' jet look like anyway? Does it have a big "NY" on the tail?

Check Dub's link and yes it does.

Im not sure why people dont want Marshall...Plaxico Burress wasnt exactly a great character guy in Pittsburgh(or NY for that matter).

The bottom line is Brandon Marshall can play and is a legit number 1 WR...something the giants really need. Im all for trading for this guy.

i second that motion.

Marshall is a total cancer. He may have ability and talent, but he would undermine Eli's leadership, cause chaos in the lockerroom, and distract this team from their focus of winning football games. After all the bullshit I read on here about "me" players, I can't fathom why anyone would want this douche on anything other than a fantasy football team. He has a rap sheet a mile long and the next time he screws up will be suspended for at least 4 games. The dude is the very definition of a ticking time bomb. To put it in perspective, and I mean this in all seriousness... I would rather have Terrell Owens on the Giants than this dude.

Marshall is a total cancer. He may have ability and talent, but he would undermine Eli's leadership, cause chaos in the lockerroom, and distract this team from their focus of winning football games. After all the bullshit I read on here about "me" players, I can't fathom why anyone would want this douche on anything other than a fantasy football team. He has a rap sheet a mile long and the next time he screws up will be suspended for at least 4 games. The dude is the very definition of a ticking time bomb. To put it in perspective, and I mean this in all seriousness... I would rather have Terrell Owens on the Giants than this dude.

the dog would have to slightly disagree. up until this past summer, he was never an issue on the field, and in fact he dog read that bronco players love him. he certainly performed on the field, and never gave cutler (at least from what the dog knows...) any issues. nor did he give shanahan any issues. all of this has stemmed teamwise in just the last few weeks. the dog would guess if in a different location, he would probably be the same player he was in denver until recently.

however, the off the field indiscretions are another piece entirely, and here the dog agrees with you that he would be a big time risk as a potential cancer. he would have to be handled the same as owens, in that no team of sound mind should think of him as a long term solution, as he could implode at any time...

Any particular reason why they think that logo wasn't added in photoshop?

If it is 'shopped, it's a very, very, very good job. I saved the image full sized and blew it up 800%. There is no break in the pixel continuity between the logo and the white parts of the tail, where one would most suspect a 'shop job.

Although, the Giants denied having a private plane, so, who knows. I'm no Photoshop CSI, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

If it is 'shopped, it's a very, very, very good job. I saved the image full sized and blew it up 800%. There is no break in the pixel continuity between the logo and the white parts of the tail, where one would most suspect a 'shop job.

Although, the Giants denied having a private plane, so, who knows. I'm no Photoshop CSI, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

the dog heard on the radio that the jet belongs to someone not connected to the Giants, who for whatever reasons has this logo painted on. at this point, this seems like an awful lot of hype for nothing, but as you said, who knows...