SportsWrath

rumor time

so-cal dub

This would appear be a three way deal involving the Giants, the Browns, and the Broncos with

1. Denver sending Brandon Marshall to Cleveland
  2. Cleveland sending Derek Anderson to Denver
  3. Cleveland sending Braylon Edwards to New York
  4. Giants sending a young WR plus a draft pick to Cleveland.

That trade would make sense. for each team

• Denver gets a strong armed franchise QB and gets rid of a headache WR
  • Cleveland avoids paying Edwards and Anderson, get a 2 talented WR (which they really need), a draft pick next year and avoiding a looming QB controversy all season (yet again).
  • The Giants get an experienced #1 receiver to compliment our good young WR base.

If this is the trade scenario, why would either of those teams need to include the Giants in it? the dog maybe missing a simple answer to this, but really, if Denver wants to unload marshall and get a QB, why not send him to cleveland, and get anderson straight up, or with some exchange of picks? the dog would be shocked if this type of trade went down. the broncos may want to unload marshall, but not w/o getting something more than a QB that hasn't proven himself at this point (although with that debacle of a franchise, who knows...). If the Giants can orchestrate a trade where they unload some marginal or unproven talent at WR and some mid range pick and in exchange get a proven #1 WR, than so be it...but the dog doesn't see the benefit for either of the other two teams. of any of the teams, the browns would be the most foolish to make this deal, unless the draft pick from the giants was high.

i dont think any of this is gonna happen

I will have to agree with you

three team trades are rare, I am certainly going to be skeptical until it actually happens

Having said that, this rumour makes enough sense from a factual basis for it to be a possibility that could happen., should the Giants want to make happen.

and it is the period when trades happen.

If this is the trade scenario, why would either of those teams need to include the Giants in it? the dog maybe missing a simple answer to this, but really, if Denver wants to unload marshall and get a QB, why not send him to cleveland, and get anderson straight up, or with some exchange of picks? the dog would be shocked if this type of trade went down. the broncos may want to unload marshall, but not w/o getting something more than a QB that hasn't proven himself at this point (although with that debacle of a franchise, who knows...). If the Giants can orchestrate a trade where they unload some marginal or unproven talent at WR and some mid range pick and in exchange get a proven #1 WR, than so be it...but the dog doesn't see the benefit for either of the other two teams. of any of the teams, the browns would be the most foolish to make this deal, unless the draft pick from the giants was high.

if the browns want to unload anderson and replace edwards, they would need 2 players in return. all denver has that they want is marshall-and apparently all denver wants is anderson. so there needs to be a 3rd team to take edwards and allow the browns to get fair value.

that's why i'm assuming the giants would be involved.

if the browns want to unload anderson and replace edwards, they would need 2 players in return. all denver has that they want is marshall-and apparently all denver wants is anderson. so there needs to be a 3rd team to take edwards and allow the browns to get fair value.

word....wink.gif

well that's a convoluted answer. i could easily argue that a draft pick is more valuable than the actual player- kind of like once you drive a car out of the showroom...

a receiver of edwards stature is our ticket to miami. i can't see how this is not obvious. NFL is a win now league.

and the reason he will get a massive deal is because he is massively good.

Agreed love Braylon and if its Nicks oh well we don't have of plethora of needs in the 2010 draft some Oline depth would be nice but other then wideout we don't have a need. We could always draft another to replace Nicks someone like a Brandon Lafell we will never have to opportunuity to land a guy of Edwards caliber

the dog supposses so...except they would not need to replace edwards if they are only dumping anderson for marshall with picks exchanged. based on that scenario above, the broncos would only be getting anderson and dumping marshall. if the browns want more for anderson, than the broncos would be better suited to try and dump marshall elsewhere and get more than an unproven QB who is not going to be the franchise QB they would want...who knows. stranger things have happened. especially when the broncos are involved as of late...

the dog supposses so...except they would not need to replace edwards if they are only dumping anderson for marshall with picks exchanged. based on that scenario above, the broncos would only be getting anderson and dumping marshall. if the browns want more for anderson, than the broncos would be better suited to try and dump marshall elsewhere and get more than an unproven QB who is not going to be the franchise QB they would want...who knows. stranger things have happened. especially when the broncos are involved as of late...

anderson is far from unproven and is young enough to still be a franchise QB- he's a whole lot better than orton. unfortunatelyfor him, quinn is the chosen one. and you can't have marshall and edwards on the same team. financially and emotionally it can't be done.

anderson is far from unproven and is young enough to still be a franchise QB- he's a whole lot better than orton. unfortunatelyfor him, quinn is the chosen one. and you can't have marshall and edwards on the same team. financially and emotionally it can't be done.

that is the truth about marshall and edwards...or really any two #1 receivers. the dog is far from sold on anderson. he has to do more than have one strong season, and the dog wouldn't go so far as to say he is better than orton...orton has had little time to prove himself as well, and has been 21-12 as a starter. last week he was 17-20 at some point. granted it is preseason, but he has that kind of potential in the right system. of course, now that he blew out his finger, the broncos may be more enticed to make a trade such as above...

Let me get this straight... In this deal, is that Derek Anderson to Denver? Who gets the WR and draft pick from the Giants?

For Cleveland, I don't know how they would just go 1 for 1 by giving up Edwards and getting Marshall. Marshall is a head case with contract issues. Edwards just has contract issues.

From Denver's perspective, it seems like a great deal... especially if they get a draft pick and someone like Steve Smith. I would guess that the Giants would split the draft pick and Steve Smith between Cleveland and Denver.

I think this could actually work.

Notice how I am saying Steve Smith and not Hakeem Nicks. I love me some Steve... but Hakeem is a future star in my opinion.

If it's Hakeem or no deal, I say no deal.

But I would still really hate to part with Steve Smith. I think he truly loves the Giants.