SportsWrath

Brad Penny?

BIGBLUE01

Just read on the bottom line ticker on ESPN that the Yanks are interested in Penny after the Sox released him. What do you Yakee fans think of this?

I don't know why the Yanks would be interested. When they faced him a few days ago, they lit him up like he was pitching batting practice. Penny is only 31, which for a pticher, is young enough. His last five starts have been horrendous, but his lifelong record is actually pretty impressive. Whoever picks him up is probably studying game film to see what he was doing wrong in his last starts with Boston. He wants to start and doesn't want to be put in middle relief so I don't know what the Yankees would do with him except for depth come playoffs.

I don't know why the Yanks would be interested. When they faced him a few days ago, they lit him up like he was pitching batting practice. Penny is only 31, which for a pticher, is young enough. His last five starts have been horrendous, but his lifelong record is actually pretty impressive. Whoever picks him up is probably studying game film to see what he was doing wrong in his last starts with Boston. He wants to start and doesn't want to be put in middle relief so I don't know what the Yankees would do with him except for depth come playoffs.

I was thinking along the same lines Bleedin. He would definitley be middle relief, and what else would we get him for other than depth. But the 1st thing I thought was....didnt we light that guy up? lol Idk, when I saw it, it kinda surprised me.

I was thinking along the same lines Bleedin. He would definitley be middle relief, and what else would we get him for other than depth. But the 1st thing I thought was....didnt we light that guy up? lol Idk, when I saw it, it kinda surprised me.

Yeah....he was lit up pretty good - 6 runs in the first 2 innings, then he settled down for 2 innings. Bowden relieved him and was lit up like the 4th of July night sky giving up 8 earned runs in only 2 innings. So I guess the good news on Penny is, "well, Bowden is worse".

According to the inside scoop by ESPN, the profile on Penny is that he has quality pitches, but "the word on Penny around the league is that he's selfish and lazy". If true, he doesn't belong in pinstripes. But, truth is, I have no idea as I have not followed the guy's career.

He should be able to handle 1b. Not great, but I've seen worse. Bat him 5th to protect Manny.

They've said he won't play the field, just pinch hit. I think their plans would be to keep him off the NL playoffs roster and then add him to the WS. Hopefully, the Giants would have a say in spoiling that plan.

They've said he won't play the field, just pinch hit. I think their plans would be to keep him off the NL playoffs roster and then add him to the WS. Hopefully, the Giants would have a say in spoiling that plan.

Not by adding Penny they wont... -_-

They've said he won't play the field, just pinch hit. I think their plans would be to keep him off the NL playoffs roster and then add him to the WS.

It sounds like you guys could have used him. How many times did you lose 1-0 this year?

Hopefully, the Giants would have a say in spoiling that plan.

I'm with ya, though it would be nice for Torre to show up at the stadium one more time in the near future.

he was pretty good for the dodgers, on the DL a lot i think- i don't know what happened.since he gave up ~ 43 hits to the Yankees 2 weeks ago- i guess the time off did him good.

that had nothing to do with it Blu..and I think youve already stated why.

Its because the nAAAAAtional league is far, far inferior to the juggernaut that is the american league(and it really isnt because of the dh either, the AL is just better...look at the AL record in interleague play in NL parks where there is no DH..utter AL domination even then). Its not an opinion either, its a fact. The NL is a very, very easy league. Sure, an NL team can get hot and string 4 wins out of 7 in a world series, but over the course of the season, its very easy to see which is the better league.

If the Royals and Orioles played in the NL, they would be wild card contenders. If the Dodgers, Phillies or Cardinals played in the AL, theyd be the Blue Jays

yeah, so? who's going to argue that. it's an obvious statement but who cares?

Im not saying it isnt obvious...Im just saying its the reason why pitchers do much better when going from the AL to the NL. And its why I cant watch NL baseball...its horrible, its like little league.

I feel the same way about the AL product. bunch of prim donnas who have to posture and model between each pitch causing the games to be 4 hours long.

sounds to me like you're building up your excuses for when the mighty Yanks get crushed by one of those little league teams in the WS. :LMAO:

I feel the same way about the AL product. bunch of prim donnas who have to posture and model between each pitch causing the games to be 4 hours long.

sounds to me like you're building up your excuses for when the mighty Yanks get crushed by one of those little league teams in the WS. :LMAO:

Im realisitic, blu..as I said, any team AL or NL can win a short series at any time...but as Ive been saying for months now..The Yankees are going to win the WS this year and most like next year as well...but nothing is stopping them this year...theyre just too good. Their pitching is very good and they have the greatest offense Ive ever seen in my life. And contrary to popular belief or truth in years past..this teams infield is slick with the pivot and the outfield d is good enough..with Melky and Gardner playing excellent CF

Im realisitic, blu..as I said, any team AL or NL can win a short series at any time...but as Ive been saying for months now..The Yankees are going to win the WS this year and most like next year as well...but nothing is stopping them this year...theyre just too good.

then just go with that- you don't need to be putting down pure baseball to make yourself feel better if you're confident your team is the best.

freakin yankee fans, sheesh

Im realisitic, blu..as I said, any team AL or NL can win a short series at any time...but as Ive been saying for months now..The Yankees are going to win the WS this year and most like next year as well...but nothing is stopping them this year...theyre just too good. Their pitching is very good and they have the greatest offense Ive ever seen in my life. And contrary to popular belief or truth in years past..this teams infield is slick with the pivot and the outfield d is good enough..with Melky and Gardner playing excellent CF

The only thing that will stop us is Girardi, and thats very likely to happen.