SportsWrath

What the hell...

NeMesiS

What a horrible game...

What happen to this team? What happen to Kevin Boss, Domenik Hixon, Gerris Wilkenson, Michael Johnson, Justin Tuck, Barden, McKenzie, Deihl, Kehl, Moss, Mathias Kiwanuka... I mean, none of these players name was mention against the Bears...

The passing game is horrible... 7/10 for 62 yards for Eli Manning? Once the Bears realized the Giants can't pass the ball. They stacked agains the run and shut it down. I'm sorry, people need to stop kidding themselves and realize our WR corp sucks. What is up with all the illegal formation lately? I know 8 Starters were out, but that's no excuse. I thought everyone was braging how much dabt this team had... I see no one stepping up at all.

What happen to Mathias? Now what...just because you're not a 'starter' your feeling got hurt and you can't play anymore? This guy is playing like a little bitch... I seen him get pushed around like a punk in both the Carolina and Bears games...

I'm sorry...I like Steve Smith. But he's is not going to cut it as a number one. But him on the trading block and see what we can get for him. This recieving corps needs a little bit of attitude...Somebody get me Brandon Marshall on the Phone.

Domenik Hixon, Gerris Wilkerson, and Michael Johnson have NEVER been any good, Nem.

Steve Smith has not only been hurt, but is twice the WR than anyone that we currently have. You realize that he led the team in receiving last season basically as a number 3 WR, right? Burress for half the season, Smith was 4th. Burress gets hurt, Hixon takes over, Toomer as number 2, Smith as 3...and Smith is the one that ends up leading the team in receiving.

The Bears got beat bad the week before, they came out with a lot of energy. While we treaded it like, well, a pre-season game. No need to jump over board yet.

How can a man be so sane in the Giants section but completely insane in the P&R? :P

The Bears got beat bad the week before, they came out with a lot of energy. While we treaded it like, well, a pre-season game. No need to jump over board yet.

Yah, well, unfortunately, that's when players get hurt. When they "treat it like a preseason game" instead of, you know, being competitive with the other team, which the Giants most definitely were not.

If you're right, that tells me a lot about the attitude of the team currently.

Yah, well, unfortunately, that's when players get hurt. When they "treat it like a preseason game" instead of, you know, being competitive with the other team, which the Giants most definitely were not.

If you're right, that tells me a lot about the attitude of the team currently.

Actually it's when teams act like pre-season means anything is when players get hurt, i.e. Osi last year in the Jets game. It was meaningless yet we kept playing our starters because its the "New York Giants vs Jets game". I watched the game online and it was a Bears channel stream so I had to listen to alot of Bear ball licking, infacted I had to mute it a few times since I was ready to puke. Anyways the point is numerous times during the broadcast they kept saying the Lovie Smith was game planning for the Giants since he wanted to see what Cutler and crew could do with regular season game plans and such, even though he knew the Giants are probably just going to be playing vanilla pre-season football.

Playing hard in the pre-season is pointless for the starters, shake the rust off and get ready for the season. The back ups need to show what they can do and are the ones who should be putting them selfs into the pre-season game...since thats probably the only time they are going to touch the field. It was one game, does anyone remember last years pre-season? We played the Lions and lost, Eli only had 20 yards passing and our D looked like nothing the first few drives. We went 2-2 last years pre-season and our starters didnt even play against the Pats. It's pre-season, the only thing you have to worry about it not losing starters to injury and what backups are going to be on your team.

Didn't Osi get hurt when his own player rolled up on him? I guess he would've stopped rolling if he was treating it as a pre season game.

No.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/08/23/2008-08-23_osi_umenyiora_hurts_left_knee_in_giants_.html

All they know at the moment is that the 26-year-old Umenyiora appeared to be in a lot of pain when he went down with 10:48 left in the second quarter at Giants Stadium. He suffered the injury on a third-and-7 play from midfield when he tried to rush around the outside of Jets left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. As Ferguson pushed off, Umenyiora appeared to get his left foot caught in the FieldTurf and immediately dropped to the ground.

Osi was rushing the QB like a regular season game and ended up ending his season, starters shouldnt even bother trying during the pre-season.

my mistake- i still believe storm is correct that more injuries would happen if you don't go all out. it's not natural to half ass out there unless its the pro bowl where everyone's doing it.

Especially if you aren't playing to the level that your opponent is playing. The Bears were definitely pushing our boys around out there. If no one tries to match that intensity, players will most definitely get hurt. Then again, if both teams are going physically all out, players are also more likely to get hurt. Unfortunately, players normally don't treat a preseason game as lay-down and relax game...in the case of the Bears game, the Giants seemed to adopt this method while the Bears, regardless of Lovie Smith firing them up and regardless of their dire need to show their city something, didn't.

Alford was trying to rush the passer and someone else got housed right into him...and by housed I mean leveled backwards into Alford's leg...I mean, could have definitely happened regardless...maybe the guy who did get plowed into him just sucked, but regardless, that player definitely wasn't matching the intensity. Unfortunate accident, yes, preventable injury, maybe, maybe not...

And I really don't understand the whole, it's preseason, let's not try to see what we can do against other teams. And also, I applaud Lovie Smith and his attempt to play well against a good Giants team...to work on a gameplan against a team he will probably see again (I can't remember if we face them during the season or not)...

my mistake- i still believe storm is correct that more injuries would happen if you don't go all out. it's not natural to half ass out there unless its the pro bowl where everyone's doing it.

I totally agree with that.. I know first hand.

knowing what the problem is, is half the equation...now that the coaches know what needs to be fixed they can concetrate on fixing it...when defenses stack the box that is easily overcomed with screen plays and passes to the RB, which if you have been watching has been called quite a bit. I think they will be fine. You want defenses to stack the line, it will open up passing plays...then it comes down to execution.