SportsWrath

Injuries from the Bears game

Lughead

ONLY the best offensive player in the NFL scares you? LOL. But the Pack have Grant. :LMAO:

Bigblue, I agree with the fact that the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, but seriously, popularity contests aside, the Williams' are two terrific DT's, better even than our guys at DT (although I would like to reserve judgement on Canty). And Jared Allen was 5th in the NFL in sacks last year with 14.5. Better than anyone else in the division. If you watched highlights of the Vikings games last year, you would see that Winfield was in them just about every week. None of the guys I mentioned were pro bowlers because of popularity, but actually because of performance. I posted the stats of their total defense last year (as well as the Bears). They have a better defense, PERIOD, it's not close when they are all healthy.

Antoine Winfield is a better corner than Al Harris by far. In fact, Al Harris is one of the guys that makes the Pro Bowl based on popularity rather than performance. He is actually not that great.

You are not giving enough credit to Berrian, who had almost a 1000 yards and 7 TD's in only 48 catches in a run heavy offense with Tavaris Jackson as his QB. He was 2nd in the NFL in yards per reception.

Percy Harvin is untested, but I guarantee you that he will be game planned for. Don't know if you watched much Florida Gators football last year (I hate the Gators being a Seminole fan) but he dominated college football last year... playing in the SEC. He had 1300 combined receiving/rushing yards and 17 TDs, and he did the vast majority of that in only 10 games.

He was probably the most dangerous player in the draft. He is as dangerous as Devin Hester, for comparison's sake.

But sure, a Pack team that only won 6 games last year (and 2 of them came against the Lions), that returns pretty much the same team is better than the Vikings who won 10 games with a crap QB.

Favre is old, but he definitely doesn't suck. I'm not hero-worshipping, I'm being real. And don't give me Ryan Grant when he breaks down over the course of the year and the Pack have no quality depth behind him. At least the Vikings have Chester Taylor. The Vikings are far better, dude, they are a formidable opponent.

The Pack has someone behind Grant, Brandon Jackson. I know they havent done what AP and Taylor have done thus far, but theyre both good. Al Harris is better than youre saying and their receivers are better.

Jim, weren't the Vikes winning with Frerotte and not Jackson?

And when you say someone is as dangerous as Devin Hester, and it's a WR, I have pictures of Hester unable to run under a football and catch it for christ's sake. That's not scary at all.

I meant scary with the football in the open field, wise ass! Anyone who casually watched college football last year knows how disgustingly fast and and elusive Harvin is. He would've been a top 5 pick if not for durability concerns.

You are right about Frerotte, though. He started in 10 or 11 games, I believe. He threw 12 TD's and 15 picks with a comp % of 59.1. Even last year's Farve was better than that.

My contention is not that Brett Farve is a better QB than Cutler right now, it's that HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE. And no, it's not all about the QB, storm. Defense has A LOT to do with it. You have a top 6 defense (#1 in the NFL against the run last year) against the 21st ranked defense. Anywho, Brett Farve is still a pretty damn good QB... If you don't think the injured shoulder had anything to do with his performance last year, then it's reasonable to conclude that he's washed up.

I think that it was pretty evident that the shoulder caused him to be ineffective. He just has to win one or two more games than Tarvaris did last year to win that division, because Tavaris won 10 games. I think Brett can do that with his eyes closed.

Now, I think Cutler is a very good QB, but he was only 8-8... and I believe he may have a leadership problem as well as diarrhea of the mouth. It won't matter much if he wins, but it could devolve into a circus in Chicago if he loses and plays poorly. He did, after all, throw 18 INT's last year, so he's not exactly a guy who plays mistake-free. Even if you say that Chicago's offense is on par or even slightly better than Minnesota's (which is at best debateable), their defense is far worse. Urlacher had a very un-Urlacher year last year. Alex Brown only had 5 sacks. The team only had 28 sacks, 22nd in the NFL. And their secondary SUCKS. With no picks in the 1st and 2nd round of the draft, they didn't really improve that defense.

I think that defense is in trouble. The Bears sold the farm for Cutler... so he better be Steve Young, as you mentioned. But last year, he was not Steve Young, not even close.

The smart money is on the Vikings in that division.

Still gotta put up points, though. I see that Bears team putting up 20 points a game with Cutler. That team always had potential to be scary, they've just never had a QB. They'd be Super Bowl Champs a few years ago if they didn't have Rex Disgusting-man and Kyle Orton.

His shoulder caused him to be washed up? I think it was more the fact he was running all over the place, trying to do things on his own, and then throwing across the field and throwing pick after pick. He looked shaken. Not to mention he himself didn't believe his arm was even strong enough to keep playing...

Cutler threw for 4500 yards and had 25 TDs. His QB rating was 86. That's pretty solid. Not to mention he had 200 rushing yards and 2 TDs that way, as well. He also made the Pro Bowl.

The Pack has someone behind Grant, Brandon Jackson. I know they havent done what AP and Taylor have done thus far, but theyre both good. Al Harris is better than youre saying and their receivers are better.

Check this website out, BB01. This compares all CB's statistically.

LINK

I am not the first or only one to say Harris has been living off of reputation for awhile. There was another thread on here that linked to a site with a different statistical breakdown for corners and they concluded that Harris was one of the most overrated CB's in the NFL as well.

Anyway, scroll down to #53 on the list, but before you do, check out #2.

Still gotta put up points, though. I see that Bears team putting up 20 points a game with Cutler. That team always had potential to be scary, they've just never had a QB. They'd be Super Bowl Champs a few years ago if they didn't have Rex Disgusting-man and Kyle Orton.

His shoulder caused him to be washed up? I think it was more the fact he was running all over the place, trying to do things on his own, and then throwing across the field and throwing pick after pick. He looked shaken. Not to mention he himself didn't believe his arm was even strong enough to keep playing...

Cutler threw for 4500 yards and had 25 TDs. His QB rating was 86. That's pretty solid. Not to mention he had 200 rushing yards and 2 TDs that way, as well. He also made the Pro Bowl.

I see the Vikings will do the same... and hold teams to less than 2 TDs per game, which is something the Bears won't do. Time will prove one of us right or wrong. I still maintain that Favre only has to win 1 or 2 more games than Frerotte/Jackson and he leads them to a division championship.

I meant scary with the football in the open field, wise ass! Anyone who casually watched college football last year knows how disgustingly fast and and elusive Harvin is. He would've been a top 5 pick if not for durability concerns.

You are right about Frerotte, though. He started in 10 or 11 games, I believe. He threw 12 TD's and 15 picks with a comp % of 59.1. Even last year's Farve was better than that.

Regardless, they still could win with Frerotte, you're right. Tavaris is just way worse than Frerotte (not that I'm saying much for Frerotte though)....

HAHA, I knew what you meant about the Harvin and Hester comparison, :blush:

It's just hilarious seeing them try to make that Hester into a WR. The dude obviously can't run routes and isn't any good at judging his QBs or running under the football to catch it. I've seen three deep balls against the Giants alone that he should have not only run under and pulled in, but should have taken in for 6, too.

Check this website out, BB01. This compares all CB's statistically.

LINK

I am not the first or only one to say Harris has been living off of reputation for awhile. There was another thread on here that linked to a site with a different statistical breakdown for corners and they concluded that Harris was one of the most overrated CB's in the NFL as well.

Anyway, scroll down to #53 on the list, but before you do, check out #2.

Sam Madison is still on that list as a Giant....I'm not sure we can look too much into that Jim...?

Sam Madison is still on that list as a Giant....I'm not sure we can look too much into that Jim...?

Yeah, I saw that. You're right about that one. I was trying to find the other list linked to in another thread here, and ended up with that one. Couldn't find the original list.

Maybe I'm not giving Harris enough credit. But I still think Winfield is better.

So back to the topic, just read on the Star-Ledger website that Alford not only has an MCL sprain, but a partially torn ACL. He is to rehab and then they will determine the severity of the ACL tear. This is potentially disastrous news for Alford. From http://orthoinfo.aaos.org:

The prognosis for a partially torn ACL is often favorable, with the recovery and rehabilitation period usually at least 3 months. However, some patients with partial ACL tears may still have instability symptoms. Close clinical follow-up and a complete course of physical therapy helps identify those patients with unstable knees due to partial ACL tears.

With Canty's partially torn hamstring, not to mention the questionable health of Robbins and Bernard, I am starting to get a bad feeling.

So back to the topic, just read on the Star-Ledger website that Alford not only has an MCL sprain, but a partially torn ACL. He is to rehab and then they will determine the severity of the ACL tear. This is potentially disastrous news for Alford. From http://orthoinfo.aaos.org:

With Canty's partially torn hamstring, not to mention the questionable health of Robbins and Bernard, I am starting to get a bad feeling.

FUCK :angry: