SportsWrath

THE SLAMMER

BadEgg

You're a moron. The charge was for criminal, unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon. Not for "allowing my gun to go off in public." It's the same exact thing that Lynch could have been charged with had he been in NY. Instead he got off light being in California.

"Lynch, who played in the Pro Bowl one week ago, was arrested Wednesday in Culver City, Calif., on felony charges for possession of a concealed firearm."

You fucking idiot.

Burress broke the law and is receiving a punishment consistent with the legal guidelines for such. end of story. your issue is that others have gotten off with easier punishments for worse or equal crimes. unfortunately this happens whether you are famous or not. may not be fair in that sense, but burress is getting what he deserved consistent to the law. the dog has no issue with this, for reasons stated earlier. should others get off easy? no. but it happens. do you honestly think the next athlete that kills someone because they were drunk and high behind the wheel should be afforded a 30 day sentence because that is what happened in the stallworth case? essentially that is your argument. the dog sure hopes your big D1 school doesn't have you enrolled in the pre-law program.

Burress broke the law and is receiving a punishment consistent with the legal guidelines for such. end of story. your issue is that others have gotten off with easier punishments for worse or equal crimes. unfortunately this happens whether you are famous or not. may not be fair in that sense, but burress is getting what he deserved consistent to the law. the dog has no issue with this, for reasons stated earlier. should others get off easy? no. but it happens. do you honestly think the next athlete that kills someone because they were drunk and high behind the wheel should be afforded a 30 day sentence because that is what happened in the stallworth case? essentially that is your argument. the dog sure hopes your big D1 school doesn't have you enrolled in the pre-law program.

I never said Burress isn't receiving punishment consistent with the legal guidelines. I said he's being made an example of while other athletes who faced felony gun charges received a two game suspension. The charge is no different because Burress' gun went off. Had it dropped onto the floor instead of going off, I'm sure security would have called the police and he would have gotten charge with felony gun charges.

And that's not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I'm appalled that Stallworth got less than 30 days in jail for murdering someone. I've made numerous post stating that Stallworth should have been sent to jail for 5 years at the least. Had he been sentenced to that, then every other athlete who drinks and drives and kills someone, will have the precedent against them.

I never said Burress isn't receiving punishment consistent with the legal guidelines. I said he's being made an example of while other athletes who faced felony gun charges received a two game suspension. The charge is no different because Burress' gun went off. Had it dropped onto the floor instead of going off, I'm sure security would have called the police and he would have gotten charge with felony gun charges.

And that's not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I'm appalled that Stallworth got less than 30 days in jail for murdering someone. I've made numerous post stating that Stallworth should have been sent to jail for 5 years at the least. Had he been sentenced to that, then every other athlete who drinks and drives and kills someone, will have the precedent against them.

then the dog misunderstood your emphatic support for him...who cares if he is being made an example of? these athletes have to start having that happen at some point. unfortunate for him that others are receiving less for similar or worse crimes, but at some point those in control of the legal system have to start stepping up on this kind of thing. in both the stallworth case and the burress case, both fools were wreckless and stupid. one actually unfortunately killed someone...the other didn't, but very well could have. both should have received strict punishment for their actions. only one did. the dog has no issue with the one receiving this.

then the dog misunderstood your emphatic support for him...who cares if he is being made an example of? these athletes have to start having that happen at some point. unfortunate for him that others are receiving less for similar or worse crimes, but at some point those in control of the legal system have to start stepping up on this kind of thing. in both the stallworth case and the burress case, both fools were wreckless and stupid. one actually unfortunately killed someone...the other didn't, but very well could have. both should have received strict punishment for their actions. only one did. the dog has no issue with the one receiving this.

Umm, I care because he was a Giant and the best WR I've ever seen on a Giants team? I dunno what to tell you, I'm a Giants fan as well as a fan of Burress'. I don't think he deserved to go to jail 20 times longer than Stallworth, who actually killed someone, did.

You're right, both of them were reckless and stupid, and both deserve jail time. Stallworth deserves more jail time than Burress, IMO, considering Burress injured no one but himself and I'm sure being shot in the leg was all the rehabilitation he needed not to carry a gun around without knowing how to properly handle it. Still, he deserved jail time, a 6 month sentence would have been perfect. But I definitely believe that had Stallworth been hit with the hand of justice, athletes would think twice about staying out at clubs all night drinking and then trying to drive home.

I don't know how familiar you are with Stallworth's case but the man was going 50 in a 40 (not bad, and certainly not reason to pull him over, he was going relatively slow)....had TIME to FLASH his lights at the man, but somehow didn't have the responsiveness necessary to neither brake, or swerve out of the way. He was twice the legal limit.

Out of curiosity because I honestly don't know, what happens to people who get DUI's? Do they just lose their license or do they get some jail time too? Or is it just stay here till your sober enough to book you type thing?

Umm, I care because he was a Giant and the best WR I've ever seen on a Giants team? I dunno what to tell you, I'm a Giants fan as well as a fan of Burress'. I don't think he deserved to go to jail 20 times longer than Stallworth, who actually killed someone, did.

You're right, both of them were reckless and stupid, and both deserve jail time. Stallworth deserves more jail time than Burress, IMO, considering Burress injured no one but himself and I'm sure being shot in the leg was all the rehabilitation he needed not to carry a gun around without knowing how to properly handle it. Still, he deserved jail time, a 6 month sentence would have been perfect. But I definitely believe that had Stallworth been hit with the hand of justice, athletes would think twice about staying out at clubs all night drinking and then trying to drive home.

I don't know how familiar you are with Stallworth's case but the man was going 50 in a 40 (not bad, and certainly not reason to pull him over, he was going relatively slow)....had TIME to FLASH his lights at the man, but somehow didn't have the responsiveness necessary to neither brake, or swerve out of the way. He was twice the legal limit.

Out of curiosity because I honestly don't know, what happens to people who get DUI's? Do they just lose their license or do they get some jail time too? Or is it just stay here till your sober enough to book you type thing?

the dog agrees - stallworth's act should receive a greater punishment. the fact that burress was punished to that degree is consistent with the law and more than acceptable in the dog's opinion. not sure exactly how the punishment works for DUIs, and guess it depends on circumstance (i.e., the number of the offense...driving record...any other acts attached to the DUI...). the dog thinks most people do lose their license or have it suspended even in a first offense for a time period, but will defer to the legal experts on that one...

the dog agrees - stallworth's act should receive a greater punishment. the fact that burress was punished to that degree is consistent with the law and more than acceptable in the dog's opinion. not sure exactly how the punishment works for DUIs, and guess it depends on circumstance (i.e., the number of the offense...driving record...any other acts attached to the DUI...). the dog thinks most people do lose their license or have it suspended even in a first offense for a time period, but will defer to the legal experts on that one...

Yah, I wasn't sure if they got any jail time, it prolly differs by state, I dunno...I bet it's just a night in the sober-up cell in most though...the reason I brought it up though was because if they did get a little jail time for the DUI itself, and Stallworth got 20 some days, that's kind of shitty...

You're a moron. The charge was for criminal, unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon. Not for "allowing my gun to go off in public." It's the same exact thing that Lynch could have been charged with had he been in NY. Instead he got off light being in California.

"Lynch, who played in the Pro Bowl one week ago, was arrested Wednesday in Culver City, Calif., on felony charges for possession of a concealed firearm."

You fucking idiot.

When the gun goes off in a public place like a night club it pisses people off. When it comes to plea bargains and the decision on whether to go to trial, the state -- the prosecutors -- almost always have a great degree of discretion. I believe the prosecutors in the Lynch case AGREED to lower the charges. Had Buress been sitting in a car and the gun had not gone off Burress's attorneys would have had a little more to work with -- even if he did still violate the letter of the law. However, the gun goes off in a nightclub, everyone gets pissed, and the state digs in. The gun going off in a nightclub gave the mayor the platform he needed to take a hard line.

When the gun goes off in a public place like a night club it pisses people off. When it comes to plea bargains and the decision on whether to go to trial, the state -- the prosecutors -- almost always have a great degree of discretion. I believe the prosecutors in the Lynch case AGREED to lower the charges. Had Buress been sitting in a car and the gun had not gone off Burress's attorneys would have had a little more to work with -- even if he did still violate the letter of the law. However, the gun goes off in a nightclub, everyone gets pissed, and the state digs in. The gun going off in a nightclub gave the mayor the platform he needed to take a hard line.

The charge still remains the same dude...it still carries mandatory sentences in NY. In California those sentences are different, apparently...so I guess it sucks Burress happened to shoot himself in NY. Regardless if it goes off or not though, it's still a crime to unlawfully possess a concealed weapon, and that's what Burress went to jail for.

Regardless if Lynch allowed his gun to go off, he committed the same exact crime (his second felony, actually, the first was for running over a lady drunk and driving away) and is suspended for 2 games and allowed back. Cowboys fan or not (and I think both teams mutually hate the Bills because they suck), you have to agree Lynch should have at least some jail time...maybe not 2 years because he didn't come close to harming anyone, but even a suspension from the NFL is due if you commit 2 felonies in a year. I mean, cmon...

The charge still remains the same dude...it still carries mandatory sentences in NY. In California those sentences are different, apparently...so I guess it sucks Burress happened to shoot himself in NY. Regardless if it goes off or not though, it's still a crime to unlawfully possess a concealed weapon, and that's what Burress went to jail for.

Regardless if Lynch allowed his gun to go off, he committed the same exact crime (his second felony, actually, the first was for running over a lady drunk and driving away) and is suspended for 2 games and allowed back. Cowboys fan or not (and I think both teams mutually hate the Bills because they suck), you have to agree Lynch should have at least some jail time...maybe not 2 years because he didn't come close to harming anyone, but even a suspension from the NFL is due if you commit 2 felonies in a year. I mean, cmon...

I agree with Lynch. They suspended him but they should lock him up too.

The whole "checking into the hospital under a false name" act didn't help Burress' situation with the NY DA

Sorry Dog, have to take the opposing side on this.

Both Vick and Burress got ridiculous sentences due to ther "example setting" appeal to the DA's

Burress biggest problem was he worked for "General Testiness"......under any other HC he would have been more relaxed and not done such self inflicting dumb stuff.

My point of view

Coughlin has outlived his usefulness.........we don't need his kind of imperial coaching anymore.

I want Chucky as our next HC.

Both Vick and Burress got ridiculous sentences due to ther "example setting" appeal to the DA's

Burress biggest problem was he worked for "General Testiness"......under any other HC he would have been more relaxed and not done such self inflicting dumb stuff.

My point of view

Coughlin has outlived his usefulness.........we don't need his kind of imperial coaching anymore.

That's quite a claim, there, Jack.

My point of view

Did you just blame Coughlin for Burress shooting himself in the leg? :blink:

Did you just blame Coughlin for Burress shooting himself in the leg? :blink:

That made me laugh out loud.... ludicrous, isn't it?! It's ok not to have personal accountability, right Jack? As long as your coach is a big meanie. Maybe Coach Meanie said something that hurt wittle Plaxico's feelings, so he had to go carry illegal firearms, right?

My God, man.

That made me laugh out loud.... ludicrous, isn't it?! It's ok not to have personal accountability, right Jack? As long as your coach is a big meanie. Maybe Coach Meanie said something that hurt wittle Plaxico's feelings, so he had to go carry illegal firearms, right?

My God, man.

I hope for his sake that he's trolling, because if he isn't, I'd put a cork on the end of his forks so he wouldn't hurt himself. Lotsa soup at that household...