SportsWrath

Ahmad Bradshaw

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

This guy is the real deal. I said in the off season that if the Jints didn't re-sighn Brandon Jacobs, I wouldn't have been all that upset. Not taking anything away from BJ, but Bradshaw is going to open up some eyes this year. Unfortunately, Bradshaw is going to be to expensive to sign when he becomes a FA. I would take Bradshaw over 8-10 starting RB's in the leasgue right now....starting with Leon Washington.

Also keep your eyes on Ramses Barden. Talk of Giants camp is that Barden is the breakout player so far. While Hakeem Nicks has not been very impressive.

This guy is the real deal. I said in the off season that if the Jints didn't re-sighn Brandon Jacobs, I wouldn't have been all that upset. Not taking anything away from BJ, but Bradshaw is going to open up some eyes this year. Unfortunately, Bradshaw is going to be to expensive to sign when he becomes a FA. I would take Bradshaw over 8-10 starting RB's in the leasgue right now....starting with Leon Washington.

Also keep your eyes on Ramses Barden. Talk of Giants camp is that Barden is the breakout player so far. While Hakeem Nicks has not been very impressive.

No doubt in my mind Bradshaw is a very very good RB. However, I don't think anyone RB can carry the load alone.. we need that shift in styles that throws defenses off balance. I think BJ's sheer size and power in demolishing defenders paves the way for whoever else is running the ball. Also don't forget that we have pretty much the best OL in the league...

With respect to Nicks, he's on pace.. let's not go nuts the dude is barely 20 years old and got a lot to learn. Barden being a good surprise.. yep.. I can live with that.

I agree with Nas, we need both of them. A lot of questions and trash talk I'm getting from non-Giants fans is what are the Giants going to do not having their other 1000 yard rusher. They've been saying that Brandon Jacobs will probably miss a couple of games again this year at least and now we don't have Derrick Ward for insurance.

I simply laugh at their ignorance. Bradshaw is ready to dominate and produce even MORE than what Ward provided.

As for Barden and Nicks... way too early to say. I think Barden may make earlier contributions especially in the redzone, but I don't believe that Nicks is an inferior talent.

I think they have potential to be our two starting WR's in the future and that they will be a dangerous 1-2 combo.

Guest StrahansGap

No doubt in my mind Bradshaw is a very very good RB. However, I don't think anyone RB can carry the load alone.. we need that shift in styles that throws defenses off balance. I think BJ's sheer size and power in demolishing defenders paves the way for whoever else is running the ball. Also don't forget that we have pretty much the best OL in the league...

With respect to Nicks, he's on pace.. let's not go nuts the dude is barely 20 years old and got a lot to learn. Barden being a good surprise.. yep.. I can live with that.

Ahem...Barden is 20 too and he flat out looks better than Nicks.

Ahem...Barden is 20 too and he flat out looks better than Nicks.

You know people have been saying this and I want to know how so?

They look about the same when running routes, the only difference being is Barden has shown some speed compared to Nicks physical play. I'll wait to see what happens when they have a a real QB throwing to the both of them before I say who looks better.

You know people have been saying this and I want to know how so?

They look about the same when running routes, the only difference being is Barden has shown some speed compared to Nicks physical play. I'll wait to see what happens when they have a a real QB throwing to the both of them before I say who looks better.

Good point- what do you think it would take to get Brandon Marshall?

Good point- what do you think it would take to get Brandon Marshall?

The Broncos still have a bad taste in their mouth from the Cutler trade so I bet it would be something along the lines of a 1st,2nd and late round pick.

I'm not saying Nicks or Barden wont step up, I mean Barden has been getting alot of praise in camp and Nicks is still coming along. It's just that they both only had acouple balls thrown their way and each only had one reception. It's not like we got to see what they can really do so I'm reserving my judgment until we see Eli or Carr throwing the ball their way. Nicks seems more physical with the DB and in the blocking game where as Barden was using his speed and height to his advantage, though this is just me trying to make something out of seeing basically nothing from them.

I remember getting into a heated debate with someone on the board (who shall remain nameless to spare them the embarrassment) regarding Bradshaw.

I know it's only a preseason game, but it reinforces my very favorable opinion of Bradshaw. And given what he showed in the 2007 Super Bowl run, I'm convinced this kid is a playmaker.

The Broncos still have a bad taste in their mouth from the Cutler trade so I bet it would be something along the lines of a 1st,2nd and late round pick.

I'm not saying Nicks or Barden wont step up, I mean Barden has been getting alot of praise in camp and Nicks is still coming along. It's just that they both only had acouple balls thrown their way and each only had one reception. It's not like we got to see what they can really do so I'm reserving my judgment until we see Eli or Carr throwing the ball their way. Nicks seems more physical with the DB and in the blocking game where as Barden was using his speed and height to his advantage, though this is just me trying to make something out of seeing basically nothing from them.

it's a telling sign that neither got in before half time. they have a lot of work to do before they can contribute this season.

it's a telling sign that neither got in before half time. they have a lot of work to do before they can contribute this season.

Its the first pre-season game, you usually just stick with the basics. If I recall Kenny Phillips didnt get on the field last year until late in the 4th quarter during his first pre-season game.

More then likely this game coming you will see either of them out there with the first team O.

I remember getting into a heated debate with someone on the board (who shall remain nameless to spare them the embarrassment) regarding Bradshaw.

I know it's only a preseason game, but it reinforces my very favorable opinion of Bradshaw. And given what he showed in the 2007 Super Bowl run, I'm convinced this kid is a playmaker.

You're no fun :mad:

Nicks and Barden need to be with the #2s before I completely judge them. You cant go by them playing with a makeshift OL and 3rd/4th string QB. I do agree with you on Bradshaw. I like to look it at like this... Bradshaw is better then Bush. A 2nd to last pick overall is better than a 2nd overall, no doubt about it.

Bradshaw is the man. I'm so pumped to see him kick ass this year.

He continually impresses. Whenever he touches the ball he makes something good happen, regardless if it's in the 4th quarter spelling for BJ or the beginning of the second quarter getting a whole series, or even during a Super Bowl run. He constantly contributes whenever he's on the field.

He continually impresses. Whenever he touches the ball he makes something good happen, regardless if it's in the 4th quarter spelling for BJ or the beginning of the second quarter getting a whole series, or even during a Super Bowl run. He constantly contributes whenever he's on the field.

Agreed, and regardless of whether its a 2 yard run or a 20 yard run, he's pushing, churning and working his ass off. You never see the wheatley/dayne run into the pile and fall bulshit, which I do sometimes see out of Jacobs, every time he touches the ball, Bradshaw is working his ass off, and it pays off and definitely shows.