SportsWrath

NFL Regular Season PREDICTIONS

fringe

I predict us having a winning season and making it to the post season. We won't bust in at 15-1 and get home field, but we'll get in, maybe a first round bye. If we do get in, I don't see us going 1 and done, and although I am reluctant to commit to 'we'll win the SB', if we get to the NFC championship game, we won't be watching from home the following week. GO GMEN!

I predict us having a winning season and making it to the post season. We won't bust in at 15-1 and get home field, but we'll get in, maybe a first round bye. If we do get in, I don't see us going 1 and done, and although I am reluctant to commit to 'we'll win the SB', if we get to the NFC championship game, we won't be watching from home the following week. GO GMEN!

Where the hell is the clap emoticon!!!

there's 31 other teams in the NFL.

there's 31 other teams in the NFL.

Yes, but none of them matter.

Ok, ok, ok.....I fucked up. I didn't realize I was supposed to predict the entire NFL until after I posted. No, I didn't read the entire thread. No, I didn't pay attention to the title of the thread. I just jumped in and made a homer post. I'll correct it:

Giants will win, everyone will lose.

y=div. winner

z=wildcard

AFC EAST

N.Y.Jets 7-9

Miami Dolphins 10-6

Buffalo Bills 8-8

N.E.Patriots 12-4y

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals 5-11

Cleveland Browns 6-10

Pittsburgh Steelers 13-3y

Baltimore Ravens -9-7

AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars 7-9

Indianapolis Colts 10-6z

Houston Texans 9-7

Tennessee Titans 11-5y

AFC WEST

K.C.Chiefs4-12

Denver Broncos 6-10

Oakland Raiders 9-7

S.D.Chargers 12-4y

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys 7-9

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6z

N.Y.Giants 13-3y

Washington Redskins -8-8*

NFC NORTH

Detroit Lions 3-13

Chicago Bears -10-6y

G.B.Packers 8-8

Minnesota Vikings 9-7

NFC SOUTH

T.B.Buccaneers 6-10

Carolina Panthers8-8

Atlanta Falcons 10-6

N.O.Saints 12-4y

NFC WEST

Seattle Seahawks 10-6y

Arizona Cardinals 6-10

St.L.Rams 5-11

S.F.49ERS 8-8

Did they get rid of one WC team this season? :blink:

AFC EAST

1.Patriots 12-4

2.Dolphins* 10-6

3.Bills 6-10

4.Jets 6-10 (Next year they are a playoff team)

AFC NORTH

1.Steelers 11-5

2.Ravens* 9-7

3.Bengals 7-9

4.Browns 5-11

AFC SOUTH

1.Titans 11-5

2.Colts 8-8

3.Jaguars 7-9

4.Texans 6-10

AFC WEST

1.Chargers 10-6

2.Chiefs 8-8

3.Raiders 4-12

4.Broncos 4-12

NFC EAST

1.Giants 12-4

2.Eagles 9-7

3.Redskins 9-7

4.Cowboys 8-8

NFC NORTH

1.Packers 10-6

2.Bears 9-7

3.Vikings 6-10 (had them second and contending for a WC but w/ Favre man will they suck)

4.Lions 2-14

NFC SOUTH

1.Falcons 11-5

2.Panthers* 10-6

3.Saints 6-10

4.Buccanners 5-11

NFC WEST

1.Seahawks 9-7

2.Cardinals* 9-7

3.49ers 6-10

4.Rams 3-13

Playoffs

AFC WC

Ravens over Steelers

Dolphins over Chargers

AFC Divisional Round

Patriots over Ravens

Titans over Dolphins

AFC Championship

Patriots over Titans

NFC WC

Packers over Cardinals

Panthers over Seahawks

NFC Divisional Round

Giants over Panthers

Packers over Falcons

NFC Championship

Giants over Packers

Super Bowl 44

Giants over Patriots

Oh, I see. Yeah, fuck lookin in to it that much. I went by how I think they will perform and the losses and wins were just guestimations. :rolleyes: I aint here to impress anyone.

well, then you have succeeded. lol.

I am with you not to be paranoid but thinking realistic.

Well, the line between 9-7 and say, 12-4 is a pretty thin one. When you consider our schedule, which if it isn't the toughest it's among the toughest in the NFL, we will need to bring it every week. I still think that our talent is too good to finish with less than 11 wins, but I see your point and it really could happen, especially if we are unlucky in the injury department.

You know what though? I'm more comfortable with this crop of WR's than I was with the group last year, and I'll tell you why.

First, we knew that Plaxico was a bit of a head case, malcontent, troublemaker, or whatever label you want to put on him. I don't think he's necessarily a bad guy, so don't think that, but I think that he has work ethic and judgement issues. Regardless, going into last season, he was the strong suit of our receiving corps.

Then we had Amani, who was going into the season past his prime, but still a starter. I know he was Mr. Reliable and a pro's pro, and I'm not taking anything away from his contributions. But I did feel that it was time for someone else to step up and take over at his position.

Then we had Steve Smith... a guy who doesn't blow you away physically, but is a hard worker, great route runner, and has great hands, and that was good. But I felt as I do now, that his ceiling is not very exciting and he wouldn't be a guy that you count on to be a game-breaking receiver or someone who can abuse a corner for 4 quarters like Plaxico could.

After that, there was little else. We didn't know much about Hixon, and Tyree we didn't expect his role to change (and he was injured), we didn't really know much about Manningham, and pretty much felt like he probably wasn't ready to take on a big role in the offense being a rookie, and we had Moss, who sucked and still does.

Out of that group, there wasn't a lot to be excited about, particularly if Plax went down, which he did.

This group is different even though a lot of the faces are the same.

Hixon has some seasoning having to take on the X receiver role last year. We know he can be at least a stop gap for awhile.

Smith has probably raised his ceiling in a lot of peoples' views, because of all the hard work he's put in. Regardless, he still remains a guy that we know can be a solid possession receiver and haul in at least 60 passes.

Manningham has flashed some good potential, although he's had some bad moments, you get the sense that he belongs and can get down the field and be a big play threat on a regular basis.

Then you have Hakeem Nicks, a rookie who comes in with a stud WR body, huge hands that seem to suck the ball right in, and who has shown he can possibly be a big-time #1 in the NFL and get there early in his career.

Finally, Ramses Barden... are you kidding? A 6'6" monster that is the quintessential redzone (sorry Coach Coughlin, greenzone) threat. Can you say mismatch?

Did we have the confidence in our WR group collectively that we do this year? I say no. I think there are worlds of potential with these guys, and that all of them are capable of doing at least a little bit in helping us win.

And we actually have a decent chance at Moss being cut!

I'm not saying that WR corps is a strength... just that I think it's better than last year, and by the end of this season, we might consider it a strength and that wouldn't surprise me.

13-3.

Bank on it.

Hakeem Nicks or Clint Sintim....R.O.Y NFC

i would love it if you were correct ........but i dont see this team just losing 3 games , sadly.

the 09 Giants have lots of potential .....but they are far from proven (plus ...i think we have a difficult schedule and too many worrying injuries to start the season )

i would love it if you were correct ........but i dont see this team just losing 3 games , sadly.

the 09 Giants have lots of potential .....but they are far from proven (plus ...i think we have a difficult schedule and too many worrying injuries to start the season )

You know me, I always look at it with blue colored cglasses. But I dont think we will be that bad, even with the question marks. Teams may not respect the passing game at 1st, but they will after midseason IMO. I think Eli is improving his throws and we have some speedy receivers. Heck, Philly always contended with no real #1 receivers, and we got a better run game. The injuries are a concern, but none besides Alford is season ending, and our depth is nice.

9-7 rollercoaster coming up .............wildcard maybe ....lets hope we get some late season momentum

( time for some realism ...we dont look great IMO )

Detroit Lions were 4-0 last preseason, UK. Don't look too much into it. DLine and O Line wins championships- Giants are strong in the right places.

Detroit Lions were 4-0 last preseason, UK. Don't look too much into it. DLine and O Line wins championships- Giants are strong in the right places.

And we still have a great run game. The running game is gonna open up the passing game, it'll take shape, just watch. Nicks, Hixon or Smith will unexpectedly step up big time, or possibly Barden.