SportsWrath

FA Kickers

Lughead

Link

November 9, 2008, 7:52 pm

Two Kickers for the Giants

By Joe Lapointe

PHILADELPHIA — For the first time this season, Lawrence Tynes was in uniform for the Giants (7-1) when they played the Philadelphia Eagles (5-3) Sunday night at Lincoln Financial Field. But John Carney, the other kicker, was also in uniform.

It was believed that Carney would handle extra points and some field goals while Tynes would do the kickoffs and other field goals. Carney took over from Tynes in the preseason when Tynes injured his left knee, the one on his planting leg, not his kicking leg.

Tynes has been healthy for a month, but Coach Tom Coughlin has been reluctant to make any changes because Carney has missed only one field goal this season, one that was blocked. He has been perfect on extra points.

In recent weeks, some of Carney’s kickoffs have been falling short of the end zone, and Coughlin noted last week that they have not been high with good “hang time” to allow the coverage team to get downfield.

:lol:

I never said he was godzilla but you know what.in those same weeks he was hitting the FG's right down the middle and went tot he pro bowl so who's te fool

looks like its you

He went to the Pro Bowl for his field goal numbers UP TO November. After that he was very average if not below. His kick off ability had nothing to do with his Pro Bowl selection. Let's not revert to childish name calling when someone produces evidence contrary to your beliefs.

good idea

go hide behind a tree when your proven a virtual football novice

BTW what happened to global warming..........it snowed for the first time in london last oct in 100 years for the opening day of the global warming conference LOL

now we have one of the coldest summers on record

where is al gore when we need another lecture from a moron.........LOL

You're either being purposefully ironic or you're the dumbest motherfucker on these boards.

It's ONE criteria for a good kicker, douche. One that you're ignoring. Thanks for reminding me not to bother conversing with you; you'll just decide what my position is anyway.

I wish we could offer this kid a spot at camp. Dome kicker but still, hitting three from over 50 in one game is pretty impressive.

K – Justin Medlock – Toronto Argonauts

BC Lions 36 @ Toronto Argonauts 28

Highlights / Key Stats:

Justin Medlock had one of the most impressive performances by any special teams player this season as he kicked a perfect seven for seven field goals in the Argonauts’ narrow loss to the BC Lions this past weekend. The mark tied him with former kicker Lance Chomyc for the most field goals made in a single game by an Argonaut.

Medlock was good from distances of 52, 15, 46, 51, 51, 32, and 17 yards to cap off an impressive performance. The rookie Medlock is now 18 for 19 on field goal attempts this season for a 94.7 percent accuracy rating, tied for best in the league.

Matt Stover he has been in the league 19 years . So has Carney who is also a free agent along with Martin Gramatica, that's it just 3 vets on the FA list ....well as per Scout.com.

Thoughts?

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of placekickers that have been around since I was in high school.

Either take a guy just out of college with a howitzer for a leg, or else stick with "Mr Excitement" for another season and hope he can stay healthy and doesn't need 3 tries again to get us into another Super Bowl.

I'm not a Tynes guy. I just think how this guy got credit for the kick in Greenbay when he actually put us in that position. He's mediocre at everything.

Carney wore down, Carney was poor on kickoffs. Yet somehow, Carney made the pro bowl and somehow Tynes was healthy in mid season and Coughlin didn't play him. Why is that?. Carney had a very good season last year and you can spin it all you want to make yourself feel better, but he was good.

I wish we'd draft someone to kick, or maybe make a trade for someone else, if nothing else for competition. I don't understand why they feel Tynes deserves the job.

his kicks did not land at the 15 thats an exageration......more like the 5

the guy was a dead cinch certainty inside the 40 and pretty good outside it

tynes hits a curve ball.............even when it goes through its not pretty..........i think he shanked one behind the dugout in green bay

you fools are giving up a sure 3 pts everytime we penetrated enemy territory to argue over 5-7 kick off yds

carneys ko's were high........good hang time

]

I don't see us winning a SB until Coughlin is gone.........he just does not want or need it enough

lets carney go

promotes a d co-ordinator with no league search

gets upset about a camp fight

brings in no VET WR

plays a "Fat Prison Guard" at MLBer

he just wants to play out his contract and rock no boats..........that wont cut it in the NFL

we're doomed

I'm going to root for the Giants to meet Spags in the NFC Championship and frankly would not mind Spags handing the Giants mangement a deadly blow

they were absolute fools to keep old man coughlin and let spags go

were sitting pat.......actually regressing and no one seems to give a rats a..

We're doomed???

Jerry Reese has done a great job up to this point.

The Giants are a deep team but not every position will

be pro bowl calibre.

I dont think you'll ever really be happy with the Giants until

they make moves exactly as JAK would make them.

Even if they win multiple S-bowls its only right if they follow your thinking.

To help your mental condition out I would follow a new team unless you

become the GM of the Giants and if that happens I will follow a new team!!

I believe Jack helped Millen with the Lions draft these last couple of years.

We're doomed???

Jerry Reese has done a great job up to this point.

The Giants are a deep team but not every position will

be pro bowl calibre.

I dont think you'll ever really be happy with the Giants until

they make moves exactly as JAK would make them.

Even if they win multiple S-bowls its only right if they follow your thinking.

To help your mental condition out I would follow a new team unless you

become the GM of the Giants and if that happens I will follow a new team!!