SportsWrath

Tynes....our only kick

Lughead

yeah I do.........the most popular players in the NFL as voted on by the players themselves

What the heck do players know

too many hits in the head :rolleyes:

Popular doesn't always mean they are worth a shit on the field

Popular doesn't always mean they are worth a shit on the field

with all due respect I've watched every giant game Pat Summeral ever played in and to the present

NO ONE....................... none of them

EVER

was as consistently right down the pipe a Carney..........you can argue he did not have the strongest leg in the NFL but to say he was not Pro Bowl material is short sighted

do you recall all the errant kicks of Tynes????......hes a crap shoot every time he smacks one

your fixated on the Philly game which really can be traced to Eli's feet.........Eli was horrible in that game, and Tuck played very injured.....our two stars

also despite being the creator of this board (which I thank you for, profusely) you, like a lot of people seem to go along with anything the Giants do........whether they are wrong or not

I'm not THAT loyal :wacko:

As I said, I'm not sold on Tynes, either....but I'm looking for a guy to replace him who I would have confidence in to make that 44 yarder in the Meadowlands winds in January. Granted, that's a short list but Carney doesn't make it. He's accurate but doesn't have the power leg,. You want to tell me Carney would be a better kicker from Sept to Dec? Agreed....but I don't want to settle for that. We have to find a kicker that will erase this annual debate.

As I said, I'm not sold on Tynes, either....but I'm looking for a guy to replace him who I would have confidence in to make that 44 yarder in the Meadowlands winds in January. Granted, that's a short list but Carney doesn't make it. He's accurate but doesn't have the power leg,. You want to tell me Carney would be a better kicker from Sept to Dec? Agreed....but I don't want to settle for that. We have to find a kicker that will erase this annual debate.

remember this post the next time you see tynes sail to the left sail to the right stand up sit down ..........fight fight fight

Will Tynes = Carney in 2009?

Giants' Lawrence Tynes returns from injury to kick once again

BY Ralph Vacchiano

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 4:00 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz0OMB0g9EX

He had just kicked the Giants into the Super Bowl, had a brand-new contract and the confidence of the organization, but Lawrence Tynes still lost his starting job last season. The worst part was that he was healthy and ready to kick. But even he couldn't argue with the coaches' decision. John Carney just wouldn't miss.

"He was phenomenal," Tynes said. "There was nothing I could say that would've made a case for me."

One year later, the whole situation still seems strange to the 31-year-old Tynes, who lost his job last August when he slipped on a wet field at the University at Albany and injured his left knee. Carney, at age 44, was supposed to be a temporary solution. But he went 35 of 38 (92.1%) and didn't miss a field goal that wasn't blocked until Week 17.

Carney, who ended up missing two more in the Giants' playoff loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, went to the Pro Bowl. Tynes, the 2007 NFC Championship Game hero, dressed for only two games and lined up to kick just one field goal all year.

Tynes desperately wanted to play. And the week-to-week uncertainty was aggravating, too. "(Tom Coughlin) told us literally an hour before the game (who was kicking)," Tynes said. "And he never wavered from that."

Had Tynes expressed those feelings publicly or privately, he certainly could've been disruptive to a team that at one point was 11-1.

"The thing is, I think I handled it the right way," Tynes said. "Because that could've very easily turned negative with me saying 'I should be playing.' But that wasn't the right way to approach it."

Instead, he watched and learned from a 21-year veteran who was an NFL rookie when Tynes was 10 years old. After all those years and stints on seven teams, Carney still had enough desire and focus in him to have the finest statistical season of his career.

"You know, it's weird how things work out," Tynes said. "Spending a year with John Carney was a definite blessing for me. I picked up a lot of things that he taught me mentally and how to approach the game. I've always worked hard, but the mental approach is what separates guys.

"And just the focus that he had. He was very off to himself (during a game). I sometimes babble and talk. The intense focus that he used on game day and the way he approached every kick was pretty impressive. I'm not exactly like that, but I'm trying to get like that, because when a guy plays that long, I studied everything he did."

The focus has helped him this year in camp, where Tynes is the lone kicker on the 80-man roster. He has made 22 of 26 field goals so far, including two of four on a wet field Monday night after he strained his groin. The injury kept him out for several days, but he intends to kick in the preseason opener against the Carolina Panthers tomorrow night.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz0OMA0WRNx

By the way The Saints Signed Carney again