SportsWrath

Fighting in Summer Camp a problem?

JackStroud

A Giant?

The main combatants were linebacker Bryan Kehl and fullback Madison Hedgecock, who twice squared off in separate and escalating scuffles. After the second altercation, the action picked up when defensive end Dave Tollefson cleanly shoved rookie tackle William Beatty to the ground and Beatty tumbled over Cliff Louis, a first-year offensive lineman. Beatty got up, Louis didn't and had to be helped off the field with what looked to be a potentially serious injury to his left ankle.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08092009/sports/giants/giant_fight_breaks_out_at_practice_183636.htm

I don't mind a little niggle as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

It shows that there is a high level of intensity in the scrimmages at training camp, and the competitiveness of the players involved; which is a something you want with the physical style of football the giants play.

The key is to keep that balanced with discipline and not let things go too far.

All in all i think this was handled really well by all involved

All in all this has been blown way of of proportion for what is a relatiely minor event

Man that sucks, to not even be involved with the bullshit and get hurt like that.

I agree Hampton.......This shows intensity to me, and the desire to get back the Trophy

As for the guy who got hurt............ as on the Garden State Parkway a good player, and driver is always aware of everything going on around him and also not just whats right in front of him. There was a good reason Jim Taylor, Jack Stroud, Lyle Alzedo, Brian Kelly, Tiki barber, etc etc never got hurt

then again, Shit Happens

I agree Hampton.......This shows intensity to me, and the desire to get back the Trophy

As for the guy who got hurt............ as on the Garden State Parkway a good player, and driver is always aware of everything going on around him and also not just whats right in front of him. There was a good reason Jim Taylor, Jack Stroud, Lyle Alzedo, Brian Kelly, Tiki barber, etc etc never got hurt

then again, Shit Happens

What do you attribute Tom Brady getting hurt for the season last year Jack? Stupidity/ lack of awareness, his hot wife?. I mean can you even make some sense?. The reason that fighting in camp is stupid is for the same reason fighting in real life is stupid, someone can get hurt. And in this case someone trying to break up the fight got hurt, where intensity comes into the equation beats the shit out of me.

It's real simple, Kuel got caught and showed total lack of discipline. Hedgecock did what he would do in a game. Kuel can learn how to deal with it now and take his licks, or learn to deal with it in a game and get kicked off the field for fighting. His pride got hurt, because linebackers like to hit , not get hit. He handled it badly and now someone is paying the price. Flat out dumb.

Madison Hedgecock can beat on whomever he pleases and they can just damn well suck it the fuck up.

Perhaps, if Madison Hedgecock is blindsiding you on a block, the first thing to do is figure what the fuck you did wrong, because unless it's Keith Byars laying out Pepper because he's chasing Cunningham, chances are you're doing something wrong.

What do you attribute Tom Brady getting hurt for the season last year Jack? Stupidity/ lack of awareness, his hot wife?. I mean can you even make some sense?. The reason that fighting in camp is stupid is for the same reason fighting in real life is stupid, someone can get hurt. And in this case someone trying to break up the fight got hurt, where intensity comes into the equation beats the shit out of me.

It's real simple, Kuel got caught and showed total lack of discipline. Hedgecock did what he would do in a game. Kuel can learn how to deal with it now and take his licks, or learn to deal with it in a game and get kicked off the field for fighting. His pride got hurt, because linebackers like to hit , not get hit. He handled it badly and now someone is paying the price. Flat out dumb.

Terry Bradshaw actualy addressed this injury

he said he learned early on to keep his feet under him when playing QB......Brady extends his knee in a locked position like he's king of siam

he was a torn ACL waiting to happen

Brady was ok as long as his O line gave him max protection......they wore down....we did it to them

Fighting in training camp is completely retarded because fighting in a game translates to a personal foul...a debilitating 15 yard penalty, on offense or defense, or being ejected. Neither of which help the team. Coughlin, for being the disciplinarian and anti-penalty and stupid mistake coach that he is, shouldn't have let it go on as long as he did, and anyone who disagrees and says fighting in camp is good and shows intensity is wrong. Fighting in camp is dangerous, stupid, and could show itself during the wrong time during the season. End of story.