SportsWrath

NY Giants defensive tackle Jay Alford improving under mentoring of Osi Umenyiora

Mr. P

And I understand that.. we all get old. But so long as Robbins is producing at high level, no need to move him. Personally I think the D-Line collectively make every individual player on that unit better. Having a superb rotation hammers opposing OLs. The result is all DLinmen get a piece of the cake.. and shine.

Eventually his body is going to wear down for good...IF he can stay on the field this year, he's a good DT, but he shouldn't be starting over Chris Canty. 1st in off the bench in the roto I can see though.

once Keith Hamilton left...it was a year or two before they finally started to get the position right

Keith Hamilton would wreak havoc if he had the help this line provides. I don't think it'll ever be appreciated how effective he was.

That said, this rotation should do nothing but help Alford in every way,, Cofield also, who is a guy I feel has really improved in the last 2 years. The pride in being part of a group like this should have nothing but postive effects.

The guy I do think gets hurt here is Tollefson, who when he plays really doesn't do much wrong, but I think he's not going to make the roster this year. It's going to be interesting to see what Henderson and Evans do in pre season, even though Evans seems to be already pencilled in for the practice squad.

Keith Hamilton would wreak havoc if he had the help this line provides. I don't think it'll ever be appreciated how effective he was.

That said, this rotation should do nothing but help Alford in every way,, Cofield also, who is a guy I feel has really improved in the last 2 years. The pride in being part of a group like this should have nothing but postive effects.

The guy I do think gets hurt here is Tollefson, who when he plays really doesn't do much wrong, but I think he's not going to make the roster this year. It's going to be interesting to see what Henderson and Evans do in pre season, even though Evans seems to be already pencilled in for the practice squad.

Tollefson is probably the odd man out...but yeah Alford is definitely going to get a lift...Cofield has been good since day 1, last year he slumped a bit but that could have been due to being overworked....the entire line will be much better this year....I just hope Sheridan is aggressive in his play calling and not a Tim Lewis or god forbid Johnnie Lynn type.