SportsWrath

The Joba Rules

Lubeck

I'm sick of the "Innings Limit" talk.

Not because I don't think they shouldn't overuse his arm.

But because Innings Pitched means diddly squat. His last start he went 7-8 innings and threw around 100 pitches.

Last night he went 5 innings and threw around 100 pitches.

It isn't IP, its the # of pitches thrown.

Serious question..Why is joba still on a pitch count anyway? I realize all pitchers are now on a basic pitch count, 120 pitches is about all you'll see anyone throw. But Joba's been protected the last couple years, does he really need a strict count of 100?

They should put Red Sox Yankees games on an hours limit. what was it ? 3:52 or something?- just ridiculous. Between the batters taking a stroll after every pitch and the pitchers playing the paralysis game, I wanted to throw something at the TV.

They should put Red Sox Yankees games on an hours limit. what was it ? 3:52 or something?- just ridiculous. Between the batters taking a stroll after every pitch and the pitchers playing the paralysis game, I wanted to throw something at the TV.

It's the vets. They take a lot of pitches. It used to be the Yanks and O's. Now it's the Yanks and Sox.

Serious question..Why is joba still on a pitch count anyway? I realize all pitchers are now on a basic pitch count, 120 pitches is about all you'll see anyone throw. But Joba's been protected the last couple years, does he really need a strict count of 100?

He's allowed to go over 100 a game. With him it's the innings they watch.

It's the vets. They take a lot of pitches. It used to be the Yanks and O's. Now it's the Yanks and Sox.

you're right- both teams take a lot of pitches. but it's the stepping out of the box and walking around the mound that really gets me.

the reason why you keep young, extremely talented pitchers on innings/pitch counts is because if you dont, you end up with Mark Prior.

Joba will be done with the pitch count next year, but Hughes, because Girardi won't use him, will have to go through it at least one more year.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they're going to watch Joba for at least the next two years. Hughes just needs to work on that change up.

Joba will be done with the pitch count next year, but Hughes, because Girardi won't use him, will have to go through it at least one more year.