SportsWrath

Time to put to bed

xxi-xxv

1)anything having to do with Plaxico Burress. Have a nice life, don't drop the soap and I wish it worked out better for you and the Giants.

2)anything having to do with Antonio Pierce and Burress' stupid antics.

3)any thoughts that Pirece is not the starting MLB on opening day, barring injury.

Training camps here, these issues are dead!

1)anything having to do with Plaxico Burress. Have a nice life, don't drop the soap and I wish it worked out better for you and the Giants.

3)any thoughts that Pirece is not the starting MLB on opening day, barring injury.

Here, here. And just to let Jack, know, we did win 12 ball games last year with Pierce as our middle linebacker. He will be better this year with better help beside him in Boley.

Here, here. And just to let Jack, know, we did win 12 ball games last year with Pierce as our middle linebacker. He will be better this year with better help beside him in Boley.

Ive been watching jack hate on Pierce for a long time now. I never really agreed with it. Always thought he was a good football player and leader. But lets face facts, he's gettin a lil old.Im not saying at all he should be replaced. I think he's got another good 2-3 years left as a solid undeniable starter. All IM sayin is maybe week 10 comes, its 2nd and long and we are up by 10 late in the 3rd, maybe give someone else a chance to come in nd make a play. Maybe week 10 comes and we keep him fresh for the next week. And so on untill playoffs hit and than maybe he's not gettin beat 10 yards by a tightend. Just sayin.

Ive been watching jack hate on Pierce for a long time now. I never really agreed with it. Always thought he was a good football player and leader. But lets face facts, he's gettin a lil old.Im not saying at all he should be replaced. I think he's got another good 2-3 years left as a solid undeniable starter. All IM sayin is maybe week 10 comes, its 2nd and long and we are up by 10 late in the 3rd, maybe give someone else a chance to come in nd make a play. Maybe week 10 comes and we keep him fresh for the next week. And so on untill playoffs hit and than maybe he's not gettin beat 10 yards by a tightend. Just sayin.

That is my biggest and only gripe about Pierce, he can't cover to save his life. They should just constantly blitz him and leave somebody else in coverage.

Oh I agree, I think Jacky thinks that well all are in some crazy ass idea that Pierce is some sort of HoF LB when really we all agree with him somewhat. I mean Pierce is a good LB for us and one of the better MLBs we have had for quite a few years (Short, Emmons *ick*) however I do agree he is aging and is exploitable in cover against the faster RBs in the league. I agree we should rotate another LB in for Pierce when he is looking winded or is a 2nd/3rd and long, one of the younger LBs with a faster pair of legs to keep up in coverage. The whole Blackburn thing is something that I think Jacky boy gets confused on, I mean all of us agree Blackburn is a hella of a special teams player and a good backup however thats what he is a backup. I mean when I see Pierce has to leave a game or is relieved I want Blackburn to come in because he is serviceable at the position and more then likely wont give up a big play. However I dont want to see Blackburn starting 16 games for us unless there is some sort of major injury to the LB core.

Like I've said before Blackburn, great ST player and good backup but I wouldnt want him starting.

From watching Pierce, he'd most likely late hit a player and hand the other team the first down....or be seen 10 steps behind a RB or TE running across the field for the first.

I have put it to bed a while ago , but you know the media will milk it for ever ounce they can get. We will here it all year and when we realize our new #1 receiver and IF When we get into the playoffs.