SportsWrath

Factoid of the Week

Lubeck

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/08/03/NFL.takes/3.html

The five current and former NFL coaches who spent a week in Iraq on a USO trip rallying the troops this summer -- Jeff Fisher, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden and Harbaugh -- stayed in the same large room, sleeping in bunk beds, for the week. Harbaugh said (as if this is a surprise) that Coughlin every night carefully peeled the edge of his blanket and sheet back, but only enough so he could slip in, and then pulled the cover over him, so it looked like the bed was made, with the form of a thin man the only lump in a perfect military-style bunk.

"Even when he turned over, he barely moved the covers,'' Harbaugh said. "In the morning, when he made the bed, there was not a wrinkle in it. But isn't that what you'd expect from a Tom Coughlin bed?''

One morning, when it was still dark out, Harbaugh couldn't sleep. He quietly slipped outside for a run, not leaving a note, and he got discombobulated, and he was out of the room longer than he'd planned. When Harbaugh returned, Coughlin was up, pacing, and said to him: "Where the hell have you been?! I was worried sick about you!''

"What a guy,'' Harbaugh said. "I think he kind of felt like my father over there.''

:lol: