SportsWrath

NY Giants sign both second-round picks: LB Clint Sintim and OT William Beatty

Mr. P

large_sintim730.JPG

NY Giants sign both second-round picks: LB Clint Sintim and OT William Beatty

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Thursday July 30, 2009, 4:28 PM

Giants linebacker Clint Sintim (above) and OL William Beatty are signed and will be in camp on time

Three more days before the Giants report to training camp. And only one rookie left unsigned.

The team announced Thursday afternoon it has signed both of its second-round picks: LB Clint Sintim and OT William Beatty. Of the nine rookies, only wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (first round) has yet to sign.

Terms of the contracts for Sintim and Beatty were not immediately available. Based on the contracts of the players signed around them, Sintim (45th overall) could be in line for a signing bonus of more than $1.6 million on a four-year deal, while the signing bonus for Beatty (60th overall) on a four-year deal would likely fall between $950,000 and $1 million.

Wide receiver Micah Rucker and linebacker Kelvin Smith were waived to make room for Beatty and Sintim on the roster.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/07/ny_giants_sign_both_secondroun.html

Good...Now, Sintim, get your ass on that field.

Before I let you go: how's the hamstring? "Oh, it's good, man. It's doing a lot better. I'll be ready to go before camp."

What happened, specifically? "It was just one of those things. I was running down the field and it just kind of went on me. I had never really torn the hamstring or had anything wrong with it, so it was a little unusual to me. But it's the way it goes. I can't do anything about it now other than continue to rehab and get myself ready for camp."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/07/rookie_linebacker_clint_sintim.html