SportsWrath

Giants sign ex-Packer Ruegamer

Pizan

I havent seen it posted yet.

Link to ESPN.com

Giants sign ex-Packer Ruegamer: The Giants talked Grey Ruegamer into accepting a chance to be one of the team's top backup offensive linemen. He agreed to a one-year, $750,000 contract that included a $40,000 signing bonus.

Ruegamer was being heavily pursued by several coaches who wanted him for his experience. The 29-year-old Ruegamer is a seven-year vet who can play guard or center and has played in Miami, New England and Green Bay. He's 6-4, 305 pounds.

The Lions wanted him. The Packers wanted him back. In the end, Giants coach Tom Coughlin talked him into joining the Giants.

-- John Clayton

Guest moose

Whittle cost to much money as a back up. I really like the signing. Gives us a quality backup for a very reasonable price.

I havent seen it posted yet.

Link to ESPN.com

Giants sign ex-Packer Ruegamer: The Giants talked Grey Ruegamer into accepting a chance to be one of the team's top backup offensive linemen. He agreed to a one-year, $750,000 contract that included a $40,000 signing bonus.

Ruegamer was being heavily pursued by several coaches who wanted him for his experience. The 29-year-old Ruegamer is a seven-year vet who can play guard or center and has played in Miami, New England and Green Bay. He's 6-4, 305 pounds.

The Lions wanted him. The Packers wanted him back. In the end, Giants coach Tom Coughlin talked him into joining the Giants.

-- John Clayton

How long has he not been a starter now?

Grey Ruegamer

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 64 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

He can move his feet well enough to keep his butt aimed at the quarterback in pass protection. He delivers a good aggressive blow however he is a little inconsistent in the placement of his hands. He can anchor fairly well in pass protection because of his bulk however he lacks ideal strength in his lower body. He plays with good intelligence and he adjusts well to what is happening in front of him. He has some difficulty with an explosive one gap penetrating type of defender and he may need help occasionally to handle the strong bull rush but he won't make many mental mistakes. He has had some injury problems that have interfered with his ability to improve his strength during the off season.

Ruegamer's bio from NFL.com

He started 11 games in 2004 and 2 in 2005 for the Green Bay Pakers. 16 out of a possible 76.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Good replacement for Whittle at a good price. Can't complain about the signing at all.

Still have some glaring holes to fill, but I'm liking this offseason so far.

how could you like this pathetic offseason so far if we have glaring holes that will likely be un-attended too heading into the 2006 season ??

Good replacement for Whittle at a good price. Can't complain about the signing at all.

Still have some glaring holes to fill, but I'm liking this offseason so far.

This guy make a real good back up :TU: Good signing...I like this offseason too :TU:

ESPN Insider

Expert's Take Ruegamer is a versatile back up offensive lineman who is capable of playing both guard positions and center. He has above average athletic ability, quickness and strength. He is sound in his techniques and he has a good working knowledge of offensive line play. He does not make mental mistakes. He is a finesse type blocker. He does a good job of position blocking and walling off defenders. He gets off the ball well, he takes good angles and he does a nice job of staying between the defender and the ball carrier. He has decent foot speed but not great and he has a hard time getting to the second level and hitting a moving target. He does not do well in space and he is not very effective as a downfield blocker. As a pass blocker, he is consistent on his pass sets; he has a good camera to the QB and delivers a good punch. He does a decent job on picking up line stunts and he has excellent awareness on the blitz. He lacks good lower body strength and will struggle to block a good bull rusher. He can be knocked back into the QB. Overall, Ruegamer is a consistent, dependable and stable back up. He is not going to overpower with is run blocking, he is a very adequate pass protector and he has football intelligence. If he is healthy, and staying health has been a problem, he is a quality back up.

Guest Floyd The Barber

of course its a good signing, the NYG's signed him, he has to be good...it must be a good signing...l love this signing...

This guy make a real good back up :TU: Good signing...I like this offseason too :TU:

ESPN Insider

Expert's Take Ruegamer is a versatile back up offensive lineman who is capable of playing both guard positions and center. He has above average athletic ability, quickness and strength. He is sound in his techniques and he has a good working knowledge of offensive line play. He does not make mental mistakes. He is a finesse type blocker. He does a good job of position blocking and walling off defenders. He gets off the ball well, he takes good angles and he does a nice job of staying between the defender and the ball carrier. He has decent foot speed but not great and he has a hard time getting to the second level and hitting a moving target. He does not do well in space and he is not very effective as a downfield blocker. As a pass blocker, he is consistent on his pass sets; he has a good camera to the QB and delivers a good punch. He does a decent job on picking up line stunts and he has excellent awareness on the blitz. He lacks good lower body strength and will struggle to block a good bull rusher. He can be knocked back into the QB. Overall, Ruegamer is a consistent, dependable and stable back up. He is not going to overpower with is run blocking, he is a very adequate pass protector and he has football intelligence. If he is healthy, and staying health has been a problem, he is a quality back up.

Yup a good signing :rock: Should be a valuable back up :rock:

Guest Carbo
Look He is snapping the ball to Lock HOF QB Tom Brady

119_Ruegamer120_1.JPG

Look He is Snapping the ball to Lock HOF Favra

gr315.jpg

Next Is HOF QB Manning :rock:

Was he already traded to the Colts? :LMAO:

how could you like this pathetic offseason so far if we have glaring holes that will likely be un-attended too heading into the 2006 season ??

Well, for one, the biggest problem we had last year was our pass defense. It was pretty poor from start to finish. Yes, there were some injuries that contributed to the poor play, but all in all, this was our weakest unit on the field. We made quite a few moves, the largest of which was the signing of Sam Madison and RW McQuarters to bolster an uncertain secondary. Granted, both have probably seen their better days and both won't be around for the next decade, but at this point in time, I feel that they're both adequate. I also believe we'll spend a day 1 draft pick on the secondary.

Secondly, we lost Whittle, and signed a cheaper replacement who seemingly fills the exact same role.

Third, the draft is loaded with quality linebackers, so I'm not so nervous that we haven't addressed this spot just yet. I'd like to see the Arrington signing and a first round pick spent to address the lack of depth that was so blatently apparent at the end of last year that even the least seasoned of fans were quick to point out. Prior to injuries depleting the LB corps last season, the group played fairly well, so I'm excited to think about what that group could do with talented backups.

So, yeah, I like what we've done so far.

Well, for one, the biggest problem we had last year was our pass defense. It was pretty poor from start to finish. Yes, there were some injuries that contributed to the poor play, but all in all, this was our weakest unit on the field. We made quite a few moves, the largest of which was the signing of Sam Madison and RW McQuarters to bolster an uncertain secondary. Granted, both have probably seen their better days and both won't be around for the next decade, but at this point in time, I feel that they're both adequate. I also believe we'll spend a day 1 draft pick on the secondary.

Secondly, we lost Whittle, and signed a cheaper replacement who seemingly fills the exact same role.

Third, the draft is loaded with quality linebackers, so I'm not so nervous that we haven't addressed this spot just yet. I'd like to see the Arrington signing and a first round pick spent to address the lack of depth that was so blatently apparent at the end of last year that even the least seasoned of fans were quick to point out. Prior to injuries depleting the LB corps last season, the group played fairly well, so I'm excited to think about what that group could do with talented backups.

Correct!

We should see this same seen when The GIANTS win the SUPER BOWL

122903dunk.jpg

Guest Floyd The Barber

i love the term "quality depth" that is tossed around here moreso and eaiser than a 3rd team offensive linemen tossing around William Joseph...we have been signing "quality depth" for several years now when in reality we need "quality starters" in multiple areas...but thats ok, "quality depth" sounds terrific for moral, when you sign nobodys to a squad that later get cut after camp...

ill resign the right to cheer and applaud the FO until i see the finished product and scoreboards with W's once the season begins...I reside in the here and now, unlike the most of you, who at the print of a nobody signing cheers victory, before the guy even puts on a uniform...thats if he makes the team

get a grip

Guest Nutty Sack

I think these nit wits would be thrilled if the Giants signed Pee Wee Herman !! Does anyone know anything about the game of football around here.

Yiou guys are killing me !!

i love the term "quality depth" that is tossed around here moreso and eaiser than a 3rd team offensive linemen tossing around William Joseph...we have been signing "quality depth" for several years now when in reality we need "quality starters" in multiple areas...but thats ok, "quality depth" sounds terrific for moral, when you sign nobodys to a squad that later get cut after camp...

ill resign the right to cheer and applaud the FO until i see the finished product and scoreboards with W's once the season begins...I reside in the here and now, unlike the most of you, who at the print of a nobody signing cheers victory, before the guy even puts on a uniform...thats if he makes the team

get a grip

Oh, don't get me wrong, I certainly am not singing the praises of the front office on every move they make. Quality depth is needed to go far. Quality starters too. I was in agreement with you that we have glaring holes, and again, I agree that we're lacking some quality starters at this point. Particularly at OLB and DT.

But quality depth is equally important as quality starters. Every single player is simply one blown knee or one serious concussion or one busted ankle away from riding the pine for the rest of the year.

So, while you resign the right to cheer and applaud, I'll reserve the right to downplay and criticize. It would be different if you actually changed your opinion and your stance from one move to the next. But the fact remains that the broken record is getting old.