SportsWrath

Just watched the Giants/Minn on NFL Network

JackStroud

No Carr to Moss connection?

Carr won't play unless Eli is hurt......or loses 8 in a row

Moss looked good in that Minny game.....I want to see more of him

Hey were one of the NFL's deepest and most supreme teams. It matters little if Carr or Eli is at QB

I once read the QB position only contributes 7-10% of the final score variation despite what most fans think

the classic example of this was the ravens terrorizing the NFL with Trent Dillfer at QB

Somehow the thought of you going out there and hugging a good oak pleases me

no worries....we're all in this together

If everyone agreed on what ails the giants it would make for a boring deal

heres my recipie

Cheerleaders, Gruden, a new stadium, Blackburn at MLBer, Kiwi back at strong side LBer and Danny Ware the feature back after Jacobs bludgeoned the opponents for 25 minutes

I know......... ain't gonna happen

and with posts like this blunatic thinks I don't know more than you? :doh:

and with posts like this blunatic thinks I don't know more than you? :doh:

whatever, its a wish list

what would you like to see change about a team that finished losing 4 ot of their last 5 games?

Status Quo :o)

let me guess.......... Osi is coming back and all is well

uh no, not really

You always need to change things and shake things up a bit.........other than the D line changes the Giants do not seem to think so

that could lead to disaster

the big question in the press is WR......personally I think we are set at WR......its not a major problem.....possibly a team strength, just my feeling of how the young guys will step up there

what would you like to see change about a team that finished losing 4 ot of their last 5 games?

uh no, not really

You always need to change things and shake things up a bit.........other than the D line changes the Giants do not seem to think so

the big question in the press is WR......personally I think we are set at WR......its not a major problem.....possibly a team strength, just my feeling of how the young guys will step up there

we all have wish lists....however John Gruden is only on yours...Tom Coughlin is a Superbowl winning head coach who has taken this franchise to 4 consecutive post season appearances, the guy is a winner through and through. I believe his only downfall is sticking with Kevin Kildrive, other than that, he's done a nice job. And remember this is the guy the media screamed "no one would play for". Amazing how winning changes everything.

we all have wish lists....however John Gruden is only on yours...Tom Coughlin is a Superbowl winning head coach who has taken this franchise to 4 consecutive post season appearances, the guy is a winner through and through. I believe his only downfall is sticking with Kevin Kildrive, other than that, he's done a nice job. And remember this is the guy the media screamed "no one would play for". Amazing how winning changes everything.

Tom Coughlin was a man on a spit being roasted by you , every other fan, and the press prior to lucking out and hiring Spagnuolo and "changing his approach" under threat of firing

He no longer has Spags........he just blew a sterling season start- what were we 11-1, and is not an inspirational leader

He getting pretty old, and I believe he will revert back to his dictatorial ways if he ever changed anyway

He's a good coach, no doubt, but at some point it will be time to change HCs. With the advent of the new stadium it would be a good time to bring in a younger HC

Letting Spags and John Fox walk were true tragedies

Gruden is a fiery leader, and is a disciplinarian (good combo). You want to blame him for the Bucs decline go ahead. I'd say it was the teams inability to draft and keep players that led to their decline (and BTW he always kept them competitive, despite the roster).

Lets just play a game. If Tom retired who would you look to as HC? Mike Chechefsky? Jim Fassel? Archie Manning? LOL

Tom Coughlin was a man on a spit being roasted by you , every other fan, and the press prior to lucking out and hiring Spagnuolo and "changing his approach" under threat of firing

I never roasted TC. Tim Lewis, yes, he was awful. Never TC though

He no longer has Spags........he just blew a sterling season start- what were we 11-1, and is not an inspirational leader

No head coach in the world can motivate you out of your #1 receiver shooting himself.

He getting pretty old, and I believe he will revert back to his dictatorial ways if he ever changed anyway

yes he is getting older but as long as he is winning it won't matter

He's a good coach, no doubt, but at some point it will be time to change HCs. With the advent of the new stadium it would be a good time to bring in a younger HC

the stadium and the coach are two parrallels that are so far apart. One has nothing to do with the other. That stadium is going to get sold out even if you or I were the head coach.

Letting Spags and John Fox walk were true tragedies

You can't keep all of the coaches...same could have been said for letting Bellichek walk or how about Tom Landry or Vince Lombardi

Gruden is a fiery leader, and is a disciplinarian (good combo). You want to blame him for the Bucs decline go ahead. I'd say it was the teams inability to draft and keep players that led to their decline (and BTW he always kept them competitive, despite the roster).

I never said Gruden was a bad coach...but lets look at the facts, he won with Tony Dungy's team and he never really made an impact after that. The whole Chris Simms debacle in itself should have landed him on the unemployment line.

Lets just play a game. If Tom retired who would you look to as HC? Mike Chechefsky? Jim Fassel? Archie Manning? LOL

If Tom retired? I'd have to see who was available. But I do know it would be a defensice oriented coach not some west coast offense coach.

I just dont see the cause for alarm with the Giants.

Eli and Carr can win games

THe back field and O line are very solid

TE position may surprise us this year.

WR talent looks very promising and all players

are getting Reps with ELi.

The secondary has young talented guys

THe D line may be award winning this year

The LB core has been upgraded and there are

players like Goff and Wilkinson that may emerge.

Boley once healed has potential.

Is Pierce the most dynamic MLB since Harry Carson? No!

But with speed around him and a great D line with

a real good secondary I would take Pierce with

his experience and attitude.

Not every position will be pro bowl. You can win with less

if everyone believes in each other we proved that in our

most recent SuperBowl beating a historic NFL team in NE.

Paper teams are made out of paper. Like a Forest Gump line.

No head coach in the world can motivate you out of your #1 receiver shooting himself.

the stadium and the coach are two parrallels that are so far apart. One has nothing to do with the other. That stadium is going to get sold out even if you or I were the head coach.

You can't keep all of the coaches...same could have been said for letting Bellichek walk or how about Tom Landry or Vince Lombardi

I never said Gruden was a bad coach...but lets look at the facts, he won with Tony Dungy's team and he never really made an impact after that. The whole Chris Simms debacle in itself should have landed him on the unemployment line.

If Tom retired? I'd have to see who was available. But I do know it would be a defensice oriented coach not some west coast offense coach.

I don't think you can sweep away the finish last year with Plax shot himself

It was a team failure, and harked back to the season where Carolina crushed us in the 1st round and Coughlin got outcoached

It was an ugly ugly defense of the trophy

Gruden won with Dungy's team......you said it not me

think about what you just said..... a guy took over from a HOF coach, who could not win with that group, and absolutely blew away all opposition

you just complemented Gruden without realizing it

Imagine what Gruden could do with Reese's teams ........that was my point

i'm still not sold on Coughlin......best I can say is he's adequate

Gruden won with Dungy's team......you said it not me

think about what you just said..... a guy took over from a HOF coach, who could not win with that group, and absolutely blew away all opposition

you just complemented Gruden without realizing it

Imagine what Gruden could do with Reese's teams ........that was my point

i'm still not sold on Coughlin......best I can say is he's adequate

I never said Gruden was a bad coach, I am telling you that TC is better.

uh no, not really

Name a position where there hasn't been at least one change in starters since Coughlin arrived. Maybe Osi, but I don't remember if he was a starter in 2003, and just don't feel like looking it up. On the entire team, feel free not to limit yourself to just the defense.

I don't follow the "lament for John Fox" that goes on here. His career has been very uneven, in what has been a weak NFC South for most of his career. He's not terrible, but he's definitely not an upgrade of Coughlin.

Gruden was brought into Tampa to improve the offense (he already had a top defense gifted to him with a bow on it). Instead, he never stabilized the QB position, and that offense never went anywhere. I just don't see where he's a good coach.

Name a position where there hasn't been at least one change in starters since Coughlin arrived. Maybe Osi, but I don't remember if he was a starter in 2003, and just don't feel like looking it up. On the entire team, feel free not to limit yourself to just the defense.

I don't follow the "lament for John Fox" that goes on here. His career has been very uneven, in what has been a weak NFC South for most of his career. He's not terrible, but he's definitely not an upgrade of Coughlin.

Gruden was brought into Tampa to improve the offense (he already had a top defense gifted to him with a bow on it). Instead, he never stabilized the QB position, and that offense never went anywhere. I just don't see where he's a good coach.

as we all know finding a top QB is alchemy.......even the great Tom Brady was pure luck

the big 3- rothlingsberger, eli, and philip rivers were a fluke year.........rarely can you draft a QB high and expect automatic success

having said that yes, Gruden did not get the job done at QB

I just dont see the cause for alarm with the Giants.

Eli and Carr can win games

THe back field and O line are very solid

TE position may surprise us this year.

WR talent looks very promising and all players

are getting Reps with ELi.

The secondary has young talented guys

THe D line may be award winning this year

The LB core has been upgraded and there are

players like Goff and Wilkinson that may emerge.

Boley once healed has potential.

Is Pierce the most dynamic MLB since Harry Carson? No!

But with speed around him and a great D line with

a real good secondary I would take Pierce with

his experience and attitude.

Not every position will be pro bowl. You can win with less

if everyone believes in each other we proved that in our

most recent SuperBowl beating a historic NFL team in NE.

Paper teams are made out of paper. Like a Forest Gump line.

...one day I'm going to collect all your posts and publish a "Giants Poetry Book." :TU: