25. Seattle Seahawks

26. Cincinnati Bengals

27. San Francisco 49ers

28. Cleveland Browns

29. Kansas City Chiefs

30. Oakland Raiders

31. St. Louis Rams

32. Detroit Lions

I think the Bears will be higher than where they are based on the fact they have a QB now...Dallas will be lower because if you notice the trend, before Parcells they sucked balls, and after Parcells they are going the wrong way....shows you just how good a coach Parcells was.

I think the Bears will be higher than where they are based on the fact they have a QB now...Dallas will be lower because if you notice the trend, before Parcells they sucked balls, and after Parcells they are going the wrong way....shows you just how good a coach Parcells was.

Bill Parcells "you can't coach big and fast" ......"you are what the standings say you are"

true wisdom from the "Man in the Mirror"

He went to Dallas because the Giants sent him packing....I have it on good knowledge he did not quit but was told quit or be fired. He probably wanted revenge....look where he went Dallas and the Jets.....definite shots across the Giants bow

The basis for that I do not care to get into....too controversial

Eh... I think he's overhyped.

Parcells with Belichick = 2 Super Bowl rings

Parcells without Bilichick = 0 Super Bowl rings

Belichick without Parcells = 3 Super Bowl rings

Those victories were on the other Bill, if you ask me. :/

Eh... I think he's overhyped.

Parcells with Belichick = 2 Super Bowl rings

Parcells without Bilichick = 0 Super Bowl rings

Belichick without Parcells = 3 Super Bowl rings

Those victories were on the other Bill, if you ask me. :/

Bellichek didn't do any drafting for the G-men, a nd lets face it he got super luck with Tom Brady...a 6th round pick. that's luck not good scouting.

Bellichek didn't do any drafting for the G-men, a nd lets face it he got super luck with Tom Brady...a 6th round pick. that's luck not good scouting.

there is a little luck in all drafting, but the dog wouldn't completly dismiss the brady pick as luck...especially if Cassel turns out to be legit as well. the great staffs evaluate players and try and make every pick count. brady has the tools in college, and he was lucky to have him fall in his lap that late, but they had some idea that he could at least compete in the NFl level (obviously not to that degree), not unlike the broncos taking Davis in the 6th or 7th round...

there is a little luck in all drafting, but the dog wouldn't completly dismiss the brady pick as luck...especially if Cassel turns out to be legit as well. the great staffs evaluate players and try and make every pick count. brady has the tools in college, and he was lucky to have him fall in his lap that late, but they had some idea that he could at least compete in the NFl level (obviously not to that degree), not unlike the broncos taking Davis in the 6th or 7th round...

Parcells was the man in 1986

Bellicheck was supporting staff

I've said the same thing about spags but you have to give Tom some credit

I don't see the fact that Parcells left to coach other teams should diminish what he accomplished as a Giant. That's just silly. And the fact that he had Bellichek does not diminish his status at all, in fact it should enhance it. Good leaders are good leaders by surrounding themselves by good men. I'm always amazed how some former Giants suddenly sucked as soon as they left us.

Bill Parcells "you can't coach big and fast" ......"you are what the standings say you are"

true wisdom from the "Man in the Mirror"

He went to Dallas because the Giants sent him packing....I have it on good knowledge he did not quit but was told quit or be fired. He probably wanted revenge....look where he went Dallas and the Jets.....definite shots across the Giants bow

The basis for that I do not care to get into....too controversial

everyone who was paying attention knows that parcells and fassel were poking each other and the maras didn't approve.

there.....i said it.

everyone who was paying attention knows that parcells and fassel were poking each other and the maras didn't approve.

there.....i said it.

LOL go post that on the Giants MB and then go get yourself a new IP addresss HAHAHAHA

I don't care about people's personal affairs BTW, but your right the Mara's had a big hand in Bill's departure and I won't go into details

BTW D4P, the real Donovan looked good last year late and your team is once again our chief rival.....Congratulations.

I hear you had a good draft too. Should be 2 more tong wars this year

On the other hand, it was Parcells departure that allowed you to shoulder past the boys once again. As a football man he's the closest thing in the modern era to Vince Lombardi

there.....i said it.

I think you are just mad because Andy Reid won't let you poke him while McNabb eats Chunky soup

Just in case you were wondering.... I know I was. :unsure:

So we have left Pittsburg, Colts, Giants, NE and Philadelphia

This would be my list

#1 Giants- only injuries and post SB hangover kept Giants from winning again last year. this year the D line is re-loaded , Osi is back and the WR corp will be solid as the guys left are talented and dedicated and not head cases. the giants have no weaknesses other than mediocre LBers. young WRs and new D co-ordinator........well Tynes could be a problem

#2- Pittsburg- see all above they have it too......when both teams met last year on their turf the Giants made them submit and tap out

#3- Philadelphia- very impressive last year and had a great draft

#4- NE England- Tom Brady is back

#5- Colts- to be honest they do not belong in top ten teams

So we have left Pittsburg, Colts, Giants, NE and Philadelphia

This would be my list

#1 Giants- only injuries and post SB hangover kept Giants from winning again last year. this year the D line is re-loaded , Osi is back and the WR corp will be solid as the guys left are talented and dedicated and not head cases. the giants have no weaknesses other than mediocre LBers. young WRs and new D co-ordinator........well Tynes could be a problem

#2- Pittsburg- see all above they have it too......when both teams met last year on their turf the Giants made them submit and tap out

#3- Philadelphia- ver impressive last year and had a great draft

#4- NE England- Tom Brady is back

#5- Colts- to be honest they do not belong in top ten teams

I think Patriots will be #1 on this list...lets face it if Brady did not get injured last year they probably win the Superbowl again. I mean they went 11-5 with freaking Matt Cassel last year.

Pitts #2

Giants #3 because of the new DC and unknown at receivers followed by Philly, although Philly could be 3 and Giants 4.

I think Patriots will be #1 on this list...lets face it if Brady did not get injured last year they probably win the Superbowl again. I mean they went 11-5 with freaking Matt Cassel last year.

Pitts #2

Giants #3 because of the new DC and unknown at receivers followed by Philly, although Philly could be 3 and Giants 4.

Defense wins SBs and the Patriots D is old and not even top ten........you ask too much of Brady to overcome that

Sports books only rate QB as a 3-5% points spread advantage not 3-5 points......3-5%

people love to root for the old champs (Colts, NE etc) but in truth both teams are in decline across the rosters

this is why I put Philly at #3......they are in ascension in their core roster.....the loss of Dawkins might hurt though as he was the teams real Captain

Lets face it its us against Pittsburg at this point with Philly, San Diego the WCs

Patriots and Colts need to re-load and perhaps come back in a few years to present a real challendge

another tough team to watch is San Diego who is left in this group of 5 would have been my #3.......Merriman should be back full force. I rate Rivers as #4 NFL QB after Brady, Peyton M. and Brees

look for Miami to continue to acsend into the top 10 team also

Defense wins SBs and the Patriots D is old and not even top ten........you ask too much of Brady to overcome that

Sports books only rate QB as a 3-5% points spread advantage not 3-5 points......3-5%

people love to root for the old champs (Colts, NE etc) but in truth both teams are in decline across the rosters

this is why I put Philly at #3......they are in ascension in their core roster.....the loss of Dawkins might hurt though as he was the teams real Captain

Lets face it its us against Pittsburg at this point with Philly, San Diego the WCs

Patriots and Colts need to re-load and perhaps come back in a few years to present a real challendge

another tough team to watch is San Diego who is left in this group of 5 would have been my #3.......Merriman should be back full force. I rate Rivers as #4 NFL QB after Brady, Peyton M. and Brees

look for Miami to continue to acsend into the top 10 team also

Patriots have been doing nothing but drafting defense. Their defense is not as old as you think....some guys are older than others sure, but they are still in playing shape.

Yes Miami will continue to go up, but they are still a couple of years away.

Chargers are still a decent team, but their coaching staff is mediocre.

Patriots have been doing nothing but drafting defense. Their defense is not as old as you think....some guys are older than others sure, but they are still in playing shape.

Yes Miami will continue to go up, but they are still a couple of years away.

Chargers are still a decent team, but their coaching staff is mediocre.

I agree

In the end it comes down to the most talented, well coached team who wants it most and is most injury free

Who is that in 2009?.......as Shakespeare would say "that is the question" :rolleyes:

hopefully that is the Giants

I think the Giants is the best team in the NFL, and they will show that this year. However, this is how I see it shaking out:

1. Patriots - Brady coming back, Ppod said it best... they went 11-5 with Cassell last year. They also picked up solid vets for depth like Joey Galloway and Fred Taylor. Plus, their defense has been and still is pretty stout. The smart money is on them going to the SuperBowl out of the AFC again.

2. Steelers - They are the SuperBowl champs, and players are coming into their prime, like Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger. Should get back last year's rookie running back that looked real good early, Rashard Mendenhall. And of course their defense is the top 2 in the NFL.

3. Giants - No holes on this team, except WR. They are solid everywhere, and their backups at numerous positions would probably start on a lot of teams. Plus, I think WR is not going to be a problem area like others believe. Whether it's Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, or Smith, or a combination... somebody is going to take a big step forward. Plus with the weapons we drafted, Eli can just spread the ball all around... can't forget about Boss, Beckum, Jacobs, and Bradshaw... just too many talented players to stop everybody. Plus this defense is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

4. Colts - Last I checked they still have Peyton Manning. Their offense will keep them in any game, and their defense is frequently underrated.

5. Philthadelphia - Maclin and Desean Jackson... they have boldy moved to address the historically awful WR situation. But two things you never can count on... the health of Westbrook and McNabb. Those are 4 questionable knees between the two of them, and if either of them go down then they are in trouble. Their defense has been good, and should be stout again this year, but they can't compare to a healthy Giants defense.

I think the Giants is the best team in the NFL, and they will show that this year. However, this is how I see it shaking out:

1. Patriots - Brady coming back, Ppod said it best... they went 11-5 with Cassell last year. They also picked up solid vets for depth like Joey Galloway and Fred Taylor. Plus, their defense has been and still is pretty stout. The smart money is on them going to the SuperBowl out of the AFC again.

2. Steelers - They are the SuperBowl champs, and players are coming into their prime, like Santonio Holmes and Ben Roethlisberger. Should get back last year's rookie running back that looked real good early, Rashard Mendenhall. And of course their defense is the top 2 in the NFL.

3. Giants - No holes on this team, except WR. They are solid everywhere, and their backups at numerous positions would probably start on a lot of teams. Plus, I think WR is not going to be a problem area like others believe. Whether it's Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, or Smith, or a combination... somebody is going to take a big step forward. Plus with the weapons we drafted, Eli can just spread the ball all around... can't forget about Boss, Beckum, Jacobs, and Bradshaw... just too many talented players to stop everybody. Plus this defense is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

4. Colts - Last I checked they still have Peyton Manning. Their offense will keep them in any game, and their defense is frequently underrated.

5. Philthadelphia - Maclin and Desean Jackson... they have boldy moved to address the historically awful WR situation. But two things you never can count on... the health of Westbrook and McNabb. Those are 4 questionable knees between the two of them, and if either of them go down then they are in trouble. Their defense has been good, and should be stout again this year, but they can't compare to a healthy Giants defense.

I did not see a big drop off in Cassel so I think the Patriots will be fortunate to repeat 11-5

We on the other hand were a 13-3 team (the loss to the Vikings with our 2nd team against their 1st team was a joke)

so I put that one in the win column

The loss to the Eagles was perplexing.......Eli pulled a bad time to go blank. the Eagles came on like gangbusters.

We are clearly a better team this year Plax not withstanding.

We'll see

At any rate putting the Patriots ahead of us is pure historical conjecture.....I'm not sold on the Patriots. they had their run, it was a nice run, but no team can stay on top in the era of free agency eternally. Tom Brady or no Tom Brady

I did not see a big drop off in Cassel so I think the Patriots will be fortunate to repeat 11-5

We on the other hand were a 13-3 team (the loss to the Vikings with our 2nd team against their 1st team was a joke)

so I put that one in the win column

The loss to the Eagles was perplexing.......Eli pulled a bad time to go blank. the Eagles came on like gangbusters.

We are clearly a better team this year Plax not withstanding.

We'll see

At any rate putting the Patriots ahead of us is pure historical conjecture.....I'm not sold on the Patriots. they had their run, it was a nice run, but no team can stay on top in the era of free agency eternally. Tom Brady or no Tom Brady

Isn't this whole list historical conjecture? Cassel is no Brady. They still have Moss, Welker, now throw in Galloway in the slot. Maroney and Fred Taylor as RBs. They will score points. They have good players on defense. The problem with your free agency argument is that they haven't lost significant free agents... but they've added some good players and their draft picks are highly regarded. There were a lot of people on this board that had a man crush on Patrick Chung. They have added to an already impressive group.

Just for argument's sake, I think they will be voted the top team (them or the Steelers) with us third. I do believe we have the actual best team in the NFL, however, I just don't think that this 32 teams in 32 days will reflect that. But the Pats are one season removed from the best offense in history and a perfect regular season. To say their run is over when they went 11-5 with no Brady last year... that's the definition of a reach.

I'm good with the Giants proving it on the field, let the Pats and Steelers have the preseason glory.

Isn't this whole list historical conjecture? Cassel is no Brady. They still have Moss, Welker, now throw in Galloway in the slot. Maroney and Fred Taylor as RBs. They will score points. They have good players on defense. The problem with your free agency argument is that they haven't lost significant free agents... but they've added some good players and their draft picks are highly regarded. There were a lot of people on this board that had a man crush on Patrick Chung. They have added to an already impressive group.

Just for argument's sake, I think they will be voted the top team (them or the Steelers) with us third. I do believe we have the actual best team in the NFL, however, I just don't think that this 32 teams in 32 days will reflect that. But the Pats are one season removed from the best offense in history and a perfect regular season. To say their run is over when they went 11-5 with no Brady last year... that's the definition of a reach.

I'm good with the Giants proving it on the field, let the Pats and Steelers have the preseason glory.

OK then that the final word- Pats are the best team in the NFL

HAHAHHAHA.........sure they are

They have Tom Brady

BRING EM ON

We will annihilate them :brooding: