SportsWrath

Theory for why so many home runs at new park

This could be a little off, and I'd think players might have come out and said something if it were true, but is it possible having the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar being the batters eye is helping the players track the ball better? Has the batters eye ever been glass before?

This could be a little off, and I'd think players might have come out and said something if it were true, but is it possible having the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar being the batters eye is helping the players track the ball better? Has the batters eye ever been glass before?

It's the wind currents. Look at how many balls hit softly are landing in the first or second rows of of the stands.

You could be partially right but it's obvious the ball is carrying at an unnatural rate.

It's the wind currents. Look at how many balls hit softly are landing in the first or second rows of of the stands.

You could be partially right but it's obvious the ball is carrying at an unnatural rate.

It was brought up that the vents along the side might be causing these wind currents, sort of like a venturi effect. They could get a physicist to work on it, or temporarily cover them to see if that's the problem.

Or maybe it's not such a problem since fans like to see balls flying out of there. And, I'm sure Jeter likes 'em since he already hit 2 or 3 of them into the first couple of rows. :evilgrin:

It was brought up that the vents along the side might be causing these wind currents, sort of like a venturi effect. They could get a physicist to work on it, or temporarily cover them to see if that's the problem.

Or maybe it's not such a problem since fans like to see balls flying out of there. And, I'm sure Jeter likes 'em since he already hit 2 or 3 of them into the first couple of rows. :evilgrin:

who cares

both teams use the same field last time i looked

the real facination is you don't have to tag a runner out anymore on a steal

"the ball just has to get there 1st" LOL what a muffin head

who cares

both teams use the same field last time i looked

the real facination is you don't have to tag a runner out anymore on a steal

"the ball just has to get there 1st" LOL what a muffin head

LOL..muffin head. I haven't heard that in a looong time.

Seriously though, what was he thinking? He's an ump in the bigs and he doesn't know the rule?

Interesting theory. I'm still gonna go with the common sense one: When you put a bunch of PED abusers in a Little League park, they're gonna hit lots of home runs.

Funny thats the thought process I used when David Ortiz started to hit homers....you might be onto something there <_<

• 2 weeks later...

See, I have my own theory as to why there are so many home runs at yankees stadium...and its called bad pitching. Its not like guys are hitting balls in the dirt and a foot outside out of the ball park. Ive watched just about every game at the new stadium and the majority of the balls that are being hit out are middle of the plate meatballs.

Right field has always been a hitters paradise at yankee stadium, nobody should be surprised that a lot of home runs are being hit at yankee stadium, yes it might be a little shorter than the 314 it says it is, but still. Also, look at the prolific home run hitters that play in the AL East...there are a ton of power hitters in the AL East who will play over 130 games at Yankee Stadium this year.