SportsWrath

If Reese were GM would we have done

JackStroud

I DON"T THINK SO

That was all Ernie and his disappointing history of drafting John Elway only to lose him right away in a swap because king john refused to play for Baltimore.........very reminicent of Eli refusing to play for the Chargers

I think Reese would have drafted Rothlingsberger and gone on form there with a normal draft postioning

I DON"T THINK SO

That was all Ernie and his disappointing history of drafting John Elway only to lose him right away in a swap because king john refused to play for Baltimore.........very reminicent of Eli refusing to play for the Chargers

I think Reese would have drafted Rothlingsberger and gone on form there with a normal draft postioning

Does it really matter now? in 4 years Eli and Ben have 3 titles between them so now its Eli's turn to match Ben.

By the way can you give this crap a rest its annoying and make's you look like a 6 year old instead of a 60 year old better let the nurse administer your med's anally so it gets to your brain quicker

I am glad Reese wasn't our GM then,I would not want Ben Overattedberger on the Giants. He was bailed out so many times last year and played the softest defense in super bowl history when him and Holmes looked like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in the super bowl

I DON"T THINK SO

Think again. Reese was the head of scouting, and did have a say in what we did. So did Coughlin. They were in on the decision, and I doubt Accorsi would have overruled both of them.

More importantly, I don't think Roethlisberger would have survived the situation as it stood in 2004. He came into a fantastic situation in Pittsburgh for a rookie QB (strong defense, great offensive line, and a strong running game), and he's the made most of it.

Compare that to what Manning stepped into: an offensive line so weak we actually had to trade to get Whittle back, a defense with absolutely no starting quality linebackers, secondary(Brent Alexander, Williams, Peterson, and Allen ring a bell?), and weak DTs (Norman Hand?).

The only real assets that team had were Barber and Shockey. Toomer was already showing he wasn't a number one receiver, and worked with Hilliard to achieve 0 td receptions that year.

Like Manning, he would have been pounded on the field, and off the field by the media. A guy with a huge ego like Roethlisberger would not be able to handle it, in my opinon.

ELi gave me the greatest super-bowl game i have ever watched so im glad we got him butt carr should be starting.

Where has he ever impressed as a starter?

Think again. Reese was the head of scouting, and did have a say in what we did. So did Coughlin. They were in on the decision, and I doubt Accorsi would have overruled both of them.

More importantly, I don't think Roethlisberger would have survived the situation as it stood in 2004. He came into a fantastic situation in Pittsburgh for a rookie QB (strong defense, great offensive line, and a strong running game), and he's the made most of it.

Compare that to what Manning stepped into: an offensive line so weak we actually had to trade to get Whittle back, a defense with absolutely no starting quality linebackers, secondary(Brent Alexander, Williams, Peterson, and Allen ring a bell?), and weak DTs (Norman Hand?).

The only real assets that team had were Barber and Shockey. Toomer was already showing he wasn't a number one receiver, and worked with Hilliard to achieve 0 td receptions that year.

Like Manning, he would have been pounded on the field, and off the field by the media. A guy with a huge ego like Roethlisberger would not be able to handle it, in my opinon.

Where has he ever impressed as a starter?

i liked hand

Hand was a pretty good DT in his playing days... just not when we got him. By the time the Giants signed him, he was damaged goods.

I'm not trashing Hand's entire career--I'm only speaking of his time here. He was earnestly trying here, but he spent most of his time injured. My entire point was out DTs left a lot to be desired back then. Fred Robbins wasn't the same player in 2004 that we've enjoyed the last few years, either.

I'm not trashing Hand's entire career--I'm only speaking of his time here. He was earnestly trying here, but he spent most of his time injured. My entire point was out DTs left a lot to be desired back then. Fred Robbins wasn't the same player in 2004 that we've enjoyed the last few years, either.

Yes, I was trying to support your original statement with my post, Fish... we agree! :)

Yes, I was trying to support your original statement with my post, Fish... we agree! :)

That's cool, I just wanted be be a little more clear. :)

Hand seemed to be a great guy--didn't want to come off like I was trashing him unnecessarily.

I watched the Giants Steelers game their rookie year last night on NFL network in 2004

Pierce was not yet on the team, and the corners were the two Wills....they played well but we had no pass rush

I think that was Strahans skinny year.....our D was not nearly as good as today's team overall

Ben played Eli even up, and that annoying Pitts receiver Hines Ward was the backbreaker

the big giant play of the game was a 45 yd pass play to David tyree......a portent of things to come

it was Eli's breakout game,as he looked terrific

PS- You should have seen Plaxico in street clothes rooting for Pittsburg.....he was all over the sidelines

Seemed to like playing for Cowher

I am glad Reese wasn't our GM then,I would not want Ben Overattedberger on the Giants. He was bailed out so many times last year and played the softest defense in super bowl history when him and Holmes looked like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in the super bowl

Major Bump.