SportsWrath

Anyone catch that guy we passed over

JackStroud

nice badger game Jack, this is just typical of you. It's the reason that a lot of good posters have just about given up on boards like these... it's old and tired.

Rather than just demonize one of the team members who isn't going anywhere anytime soon, why don't you focus on something else for a minute, like who we'll defend against the Eagles passing threat, etc.

You guys act like Pierce can be kept pass D free in an isolated bottle

NOT POSSIBLE

any smart OC will figure out how to isolate him on a RB or TE and he is horrible in pass coverage while being soft as a tackler...he never really sticks anyone, just ankle tackles upfield

as long as that guy plays the middle we will NEVER be a #1 defense in the NFL.......his shortcomings both in the run and the pass are just too blatant

having said that we are so good in the DB, and DL we can achieve top 5 status even with Pierce.......my question is why anchor yourself to a weak-performer

a lot of us wanted gallery.

And a lot of us wanted Eli, Big Ben or Phillip Rivers because we knew Collins wasn't going to be here forever....I never for a moment thought Gallery was a lock, just based on his fluctuation in size in college...of course playing for the Raiders doesn't help his career, so who knows how he would have really been if he played for a real franchise.

Jakk is the same guy that wanted Robert Gallery that was as Jakk put it "a 10 year lock at LT"

Actually I had no idea about Robert Gallery

Your confusing my arguments with "Kerryistheman" KITM thought Robert Gallery would make Kerry a top QB

I could not stand Collins because he consistently threw off his back foot when he felt the slightest pressure

he also led the league in end zone INTs primarily becuse he stepped in the bucket

You guys act like Pierce can be kept pass D free in an isolated bottle

NOT POSSIBLE

any smart OC will figure out how to isolate him on a RB or TE and he is horrible in pass coverage while being soft as a tackler...he never really sticks anyone, just ankle tackles upfield

as long as that guy plays the middle we will NEVER be a #1 defense in the NFL.......his shortcomings both in the run and the pass are just too blatant

having said that we are so good in the DB, and DL we can achieve top 5 status even with Pierce.......my question is why anchor yourself to a weak-performer

now we are a lock to be the #1 defense in the nfl

And a lot of us wanted Eli, Big Ben or Phillip Rivers because we knew Collins wasn't going to be here forever....I never for a moment thought Gallery was a lock, j

well you're a lot smarter than us liberals and half the GM's in the NFL :rolleyes:

regardless, this point alone does not make Jack a better or worse predictor of talent than the rest of us.

from your lips to God's ears

I had no problem with Pierce when we won the trophy

but with the pass rush we had that year anyone could have played Lber

you most certainly did have a problem with pierce. you said that we would never win a trophy with him at mlb.

well you're a lot smarter than us liberals and half the GM's in the NFL :rolleyes:

regardless, this point alone does not make Jack a better or worse predictor of talent than the rest of us.

I never wanted Robert Gallery.....I thought that whole things was a joke Kerrryistheman wanted Robert and actually quit the giants MB afterward declaring he was following his "man" to Oakland LOL......I guess KITM is happy now with his man in Memphis.

I hated Flinch Pettigout, but called wayyyyyy back then to move Deihl to LT

My thought was draft Rivers or Rothlingsberger, and sign Kurt Warner. I also wanted that huge RB that went to Jacksonville forget his name (something Jones) in that draft

I thought it was ludicrous to pay so much for Manning, that I will admit

I was at Giants Stadium that draft day and was walking around the gridiron when Eli appeared up in the stands and waved to the crowd.....thought that said a lot about his desire to be a Giant....that I liked

The stadium itself I toured that day and found it a 1980 time capsule in need of a good powerwashing

Manning has a lot of potential.....I don't think he has matured completely yet. Guys like Shockey, and Plaxico undermined Eli up to now

He should flourish this year with those morons gone

political view has no meaning in this section....I just followed the guys stats...nor did I ever say I was better or worse than anyone else at picking talent, just pointing out that I wanted a QB over the LT in that particular draft.

political view has no meaning in this section....I just followed the guys stats...nor did I ever say I was better or worse than anyone else at picking talent, just pointing out that I wanted a QB over the LT in that particular draft.

did Gallery ever get his sea legs?

his first few years he was pretty bad, but so was the whole Oakland team

I thought he needed to muscle up a bit......back then

Its time we started to fortify our Tackles. If a starter goes down Eli cannot compensate with any mobility

It would be a disaster in the making

did Gallery ever get his sea legs?

his first few years he was pretty bad, but so was the whole Oakland team

I thought he needed to muscle up a bit......back then

Its time we started to fortify our Tackles. If a starter goes down Eli cannot compensate with any mobility

It would be a disaster in the making

We've drafted three tackles the last three years.

no, what you did was ridicule jack for wanting gallery in that draft. scroll up if you need a refresher.

We've drafted three tackles the last three years.

true, and they all looked good Vs Minn in the 16th game.......Deihl is an iron man, but the other guy gets hurt a lot.

I'm not overly concerned about the oline

we have 3 ligit concerns going into this season

DC

WR

MLBer (perennial it seems)

also we need to jump on Philadelphia with both feet and humble them.......They have lost their leader in Dawkins but remain a dangerous foe

yeah and? your point is? and I was right in that particular draft.

sigh....my point was that a lot of people wanted gallery so that is not an example of jack being contrary. do i have to go round in circles with you? i thought your comprehension skills were better than this really.

sigh....my point was that a lot of people wanted gallery so that is not an example of jack being contrary. do i have to go round in circles with you? i thought your comprehension skills were better than this really.

What is it you guys do not understand.

I never championed Robert Gallery. I don't really follow college football.......did not even know who Gallery was.

There were a bunch of guys at that time who insisted a LT would make Kerry Collins a better QB.

I just wanted the guy GONE. Ol End Zone Int...

In truth Eli may not be a huge improvement on Collins but at the least he's coherent. have you ever heard a Collins interview?

It sounds like an interview in "Bedazzaled" with the 7 foot 10 Basketball player

I wanted Sean Taylor. To my credit, he was quickly becoming one of the best safeties not named Ed Reed in the NFL at the time of his passing. Recently it was brought up to me that had we drafted Taylor, he would probably still be living today. Remember he was shot because he was home at the time of the burglary, re-habbing an injury rather than with the rest of the Redskin team. Had we drafted him perhaps he doesn't get injured and isn't home at that time.

So Ernie Accorsi could've saved Sean Taylor's life....

EA YOU IMGRATE!!!!

I never championed Robert Gallery. I don't really follow college football.......did not even know who Gallery was.

There were a bunch of guys at that time who insisted a LT would make Kerry Collins a better QB.

I just wanted the guy GONE. Ol End Zone Int...

In truth Eli may not be a huge improvement on Collins but at the least he's coherent. have you ever heard a Collins interview?

It sounds like an interview in "Bedazzaled" with the 7 foot 10 Basketball player

Collins got us to the SuperBowl. I will not fault him for losing that game against what probably is the greatest defense of all time, at least alongside some of the greatest of all time. Collins engineered a 42-0 playoff win. Collins has always been a good QB, and still is, even as an aging guy in Tennessee, he has proven to get the job done.

What he is, though, is a pure pocket passer that needs good protection. When he struggled, most of the time it was due to inadequate protection. If you remember, our offensive line then was not nearly what it is now. We had severe problems at the tackle positions... especially when Petitgout was having the back troubles. Collins has proven that when he has had a very good O-line in front of him he is a accurate, strong-armed passer that can win a lot of games in the NFL. Hence, the calls for Gallery were not necessarily out of line.

However, I'm happy with the way things turned out. We went through years of struggles, and now is the Giants' time in the sun for a good number of years, I think.

i know, jack. the guy was making a ridiculous point, that's all.

Collins got us to the SuperBowl. I will not fault him for losing that game against what probably is the greatest defense of all time, at least alongside some of the greatest of all time. Collins engineered a 42-0 playoff win. Collins has always been a good QB, and still is, even as an aging guy in Tennessee, he has proven to get the job done.

What he is, though, is a pure pocket passer that needs good protection. When he struggled, most of the time it was due to inadequate protection. If you remember, our offensive line then was not nearly what it is now. We had severe problems at the tackle positions... especially when Petitgout was having the back troubles. Collins has proven that when he has had a very good O-line in front of him he is a accurate, strong-armed passer that can win a lot of games in the NFL. Hence, the calls for Gallery were not necessarily out of line.

However, I'm happy with the way things turned out. We went through years of struggles, and now is the Giants' time in the sun for a good number of years, I think.

Exactly. Remember how well Warner did behind that same line?

Exactly. Remember how well Warner did behind that same line?

I think it was in that SB that I lost faith in Kerry entirely

He looked like a deer in the headlights..........throwing INT after INT with no real pressure on him

it was all in his head

reminded me of John Starks 7th game performance

circles are much better :)