SportsWrath

Brandon Marshall wants out of Denver

Treehugger

I wouldn't want to play with Kyle Orton as starting QB either. Denver is a mess this season.

Possible late trade for us? Discuss.

Schefter: Brandon Marshall wants out of Denver

NFL insider Adam Schefter, who recently bolted the NFL Network for ESPN, said on Denver's 850 KOA radio that Broncos WR Brandon Marshall wants out of the Mile High City.

After meeting with team brass late last week, Schefter reports that Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that he wants to be traded.

Marshall, who is recovering from hip surgery, is in the final year of his four-year rookie contract. His $2.2 million salary in 2009 pales in comparison to other receivers in the league, especially ones without Marshall's Pro Bowl credentials.

The Broncos already exported Pro Bowl QB Jay Cutler to Chicago this spring after he and new coach Josh McDaniels crossed swords over McDaniels' inquiries to the Patriots about the availability of QB Matt Cassel before New England traded Tom Brady's former understudy to Kansas City.

No doubt Cutler would love to see Marshall, who's reeled in more than 200 balls since 2007, in the Windy City as the Bears lack established wide receivers.

A final noteworthy development: Denver signed free-agent WR Brandon Lloyd on Monday.

You know I have been thinking about this, I mean he is a 25 year old pro-bowl WR who would basically sure up our #1 spot for a number of years but at the same time Denver is going to be putting a big price tag on his head i.e. first, second and maybe even a late round pick.

First their franchise QB now their franchise WR Denver is turning into the Raiders, some team will make the trade for Marshall though.

Great talent, but off the field he's a piece of work. If you think Plaxico can shoot himself in the leg with a gun, you can imagine what Mr. Marshall could do would be more sensational.

How to build a rap sheet, by Brandon Marshall.

Oh and another thing, this seems to stem from him being pissed that Marshall will be disciplined by the Broncos for missing camp, which was mandatory. He's hurt, but he's supposed to show up for rehab and didn't.

You know I have been thinking about this, I mean he is a 25 year old pro-bowl WR who would basically sure up our #1 spot for a number of years but at the same time Denver is going to be putting a big price tag on his head i.e. first, second and maybe even a late round pick.

First their franchise QB now their franchise WR Denver is turning into the Raiders, some team will make the trade for Marshall though.

I think the Broncos are trying to do what Atlanta did, get rid of some of the malcontents. More like the Anti Raiders.

He's a ticking time bomb. But, he's also an amazing talent. We'd have to give up a lot for him. I doubt Jerry would be willing to give up any players, only picks. With that said, if in some dream scenario we could get him, it would make us nearly unstoppable. It could be a gamble that pays off with an immediate SB ring.

For me, I would rather wait and see how Nicks does, and try and give Manningham an meaningful role in the offense (if he shows he's earned it. With the receivers we have, I think we can spread the ball around and be fine.

No thanks we have Marshall without the baggage his name is Steve Smith.

Bigblue... they call ME a homer! Brandon Marshall is most comparable to T.O. (in his prime). Steve Smith for one doesn't have the same body as Marshall, as Marshall is 6'4", but Marshall is one of the best receivers in football today. Steve Smith is most comparable to a David Patten in his prime or maybe a Darrell Jackson.

So Steve Smith is a pro-bowl #1 WR with two 1000 yard seasons?

OK Marshall is fantastic, and I think Smith is our rising star along with Hixon and then theres Nicks,our WR corps in not has bad as the media makes it out to be its not fearing any other teams though. I have been clamoring for Edwards who is a bit of a prima donna,but Marshall brings baggage to a whole new level,I understand their plight that they all loved Shanny and his firing was unexpected,and apparently Josh McDaniels is a bit arrogant and not make many friends with the Denver players,I just hate the whining to get me out of town approach. That all being said we are ready to win now and Marshall would help tremendously, but if we were to do that why not just bring back Plex.

Bigblue... they call ME a homer! Brandon Marshall is most comparable to T.O. (in his prime). Steve Smith for one doesn't have the same body as Marshall, as Marshall is 6'4", but Marshall is one of the best receivers in football today. Steve Smith is most comparable to a David Patten in his prime or maybe a Darrell Jackson.

Yeah i compare Smith to guys like Welker,David Patten,Deion Branch, BTW all played in the Pats system which apparently McDaniels is trying to install in Denver. I wouldn't mind a Smith plus a pick for Marshall but no way JR does that, he wouldn't do it for Edwards so no way.

You have to wonder what the fuck Josh McDaniels is doing in Denver.

This one wasn't on him, actually. He claims he was misdiagnosed on an injury last year (he has a good argument- thats what it all stems from.

Is disgruntled Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall an option for the New York Giants and Jets?

by Michael J. Fensom/The Star-Ledger

Tuesday June 16, 2009, 2:58 PM

David Zalubowski/Associated PressBroncos Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall has asked to be traded.

The tumultuous offseason for the Denver Broncos continued this week as another offensive star demanded to be traded. According to multiple reports, Brandon Marshall, the team's talented 6-4 wide receiver, wants out of the Mile High City.

Earlier this offseason, after a messy war of words between the player and team, the Broncos traded quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears, for a cache of players and draft picks. Now it seems Marshall and the Broncos are headed down the same path.

Marshall was absent from the team's mandatory minicamp over the weekend. He said he wanted a pay raise but, after meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen on Friday, he decided he wants out.

Much has been speculated as to whether the Jets and Giants are still in the market for a wide receiver. Both have unproven and inexperienced receiving corps. The Giants addressed the void left by Plaxico Burress by selecting two receivers in the Draft. The Jets flirted with the idea of signing Burress, but did not draft a receiver in April and have not replaced veteran Laveranues Coles.

Ostensibly, Marshall would drastically improve both teams on the field. He was a 2008 Pro Bowl selection; has over 100 catches in each of the past two seasons; and has over 2,500 receiving yards combined over the past two seasons with 13 touchdown receptions. But like Burress, Marshall carries baggage off the field. In fact, he has had 13 run-ins with the law in just three NFL seasons.

It will likely take a first- and third-round pick to land Marshall, if the Broncos decide to trade him. If he is on the block, do you want him on your team, Giants and Jets fans?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/06...ason_for_t.html

Alienating as many pro bowlers you possibly can before the team can even take the field.

Feel free to add him to your madden team, I don't want him on my team.

You have to wonder what the fuck Josh McDaniels is doing in Denver.

with Burress, and Toomer out of the way I'd like to see what our own WRs can do before panicing and bringing in other peoples baggage

remember our own guys never got to ractice with the 1st team and get the minutes up to now.......time will tell how good these guys are..... a lot of them were college stars so the potential is there

with Burress, and Toomer out of the way I'd like to see what our own WRs can do before panicing and bringing in other peoples baggage

remember our own guys never got to ractice with the 1st team and get the minutes up to now.......time will tell how good these guys are..... a lot of them were college stars so the potential is there

its true! There all gonna get plenty of playing time and I am sure that

the Giants will be much better for it.

its true! There all gonna get plenty of playing time and I am sure that

the Giants will be much better for it.

if you look back on the giants over the yesrs WR has never been our strong suit

on paper this might be the best young group of WRs we've ever had..........as I said time will tell, and lets go

I think we don't need another diva receiver. He is a tremendous talent, and tremendously troubled. Next run-in with the law will equal suspension. I would trust Plax more than this guy.

But the main reason we shouldn't get him is because Eli is the man now, and I think we're actually going to be better with all these receivers that Eli can just spread the ball around to. With nobody the true focal point in the passing game, that means the defense has to worry about everybody, and Eli can just spread it around and keep the chains moving.

Besides, I truly believe Nicks is going to emerge as a tremendous WR on this team, and soon.

The only thing that concerns me is Eli

He has yet to show the consistent pinpoint passing that the top QBs deliver

Burress wingspan made up for a lot of errant throws.......these young guys are not enormous....all need a guy who will set his feet and throw them a decent ball

In my opinion Jusitn tuck won the SB and Eli did ok.....he is not an elite QB

Eli still needs to improve, and become more consistent......call me crazy but I'd prefer David Carr with these young WRs