SportsWrath

Fuckin Grease Ball

Lubeck

Who is this chump pitching for Texas? No wonder he can't keep the ball over the plate with him running his hand through that greasy hair how can he get a tight grip? Hits Tex twice and came damned close at least 4 other times....

And what is with the home plate ump? He refuses to give a ball to a catcher to throw to the pitcher....it is actually kinda funny how everytime the catcher reaches back to accept a ball and the ump is already throwing it to the pitcher. And not always that accurately. I've seen both Burnett and the grease ball have to really stretch out to grab the ball.

EDIT: Well the Yanks sure gave Burnett a license to retaliate. I wouldn't like being a Texas batter going out this inning. Burnett seems like the kind of guy who would retaliate too...

Thats why Padilla will always be welcome in the Rangers staff, at least as far as I'm concerned. He's not afraid to pitch inside and he has no fear of htting a batter, intentionally or not. And you definately don't want to get into a bean ball war with him on the mound.

Thats why Padilla will always be welcome in the Rangers staff, at least as far as I'm concerned. He's not afraid to pitch inside and he has no fear of htting a batter, intentionally or not. And you definately don't want to get into a bean ball war with him on the mound.

So you take pride in a guy whose main purpose is to go after a hitter and TRY and hit them?

Watching the postgame Tex claims his first two at bats against him were both HRs and since then the guy has head-hunted him. If that is true are you still defending him?

And it wasn't just Tex....there were numerous times where if a Yanks batter didn't duck they would have been hit. Is that how you think the game should be? That a starter should be out there trying to hit people? Cause that is fucked up.

Maybe that is the kind of player Rangers fans want....but a head hunter....that is not a kinda player any self-respecting MLB team likes.

It is one thing to have no problem pitching inside. It is a completely different thing when you are consistently hitting guys. And sure it is nice to consistently come close and NOT hit them...what fan wouldn't love that. But how did that work out for you today? The Yankee bats exploded after Grease Douchebag nailed Tex twice. You can't try and sell me that the Yanks offensive explosion was not fueled by the hits on Tex.

Wanna take pride in a douchebag who inspired a team to win....I guess that is all you got these days as a Rangers fan. First place in the ALC West is nothing....everyone knows the ALC East is the best division in MLB. The Rangers are lucky this is a modern era where teams don't erupt over the kind of bullshit that greased up excuse of a starting pitcher pulled. The way he was consistently going after the Yankee hitters after that second hit in the good old days that woulda been a bench clearer. First pitch hits him? ON PURPOSE!

Wow, um, blow me. Yeah, I like that a guy is willing to nail someone from time to time.

but

I wasn't claiming he was going after every batter on the team like you seem to be claiming. Lets evaluate this. Padilla, fresh off a stint on the DL for a shoulder problem, in his first game back wants to hit a bunch of guys instead of putting on a strong performance in a big game. Thats exactly what he wants to do.

Was he ejected? Warned? I seriously don't know, i was at work, so i'm going by the stats and common sense. Sounds to me like he was wild, having not pitched in a while, and the reason for that was a shoulder injury. Seeing as he walked 4 batters in under 4 innings, I highly doubt he was head hunting, and that this is nothing more than another example of a Yankee fan completely blowing shit out of proportion.

I guess you finally have something to be proud of, the Yanks are good again, Praise Jesus, time for Yankee fans to return to their entitled arrogant ways that everyone loves. You make it hard not to be a Yankee hater, I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, liked that they have an owner willing to spend money, and chalked up the Yankee fans attitude as pride in their team.

But, undoubtedly, Yankee fans are the biggest bunch of crybabies in the league. When you guys sucked, it was the Sox were on roids and the Yanks were clean, now that it's been shown the Yanks are as dirty as any team in the league, the yankee fans are on their wagon again claiming to be atop the best division in baseball....nevermind the team that has handed it to them for some time now is minus the best right handed power hitter of our time, and david ortiz couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Oh, and last years world series runner up is under .500. Yep, now that the Yanks are in first, it's the best division in basebal.

You're right though, being in first place in the AL west in june means shit, and to be quite frank, they are playing way above their heads. But considering our current roster is full of 20 somethings, and that we have a whole mess of good arms on the way up, maybe we'll be competing with the mighty Yankees in the near future.

Meanwhile, hope that $200 million payroll can buy you another championship....but don't hold your breath.

it's part fo the game lubeck, you would've been irate 20 years ago. this is kids stuff compared to then

joaquin andujar used to hit 2 in the first inning just to let you know he was there.

the AL west does throw inside more than any other division. especially the angels and the rangers.

Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm sure you weren't complaining when

Clemens hit Piazza in the head and later threw the jagged edge of his bat at him.

I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it if it were not for the fact that Tex claims the guy has head hunted him for pretty much his entire history against the guy. And of course I was complaining about Clemens going roid-rage against Piazza...any self-respecting fan should have.

And VG...the guy coming off of the DL who has control issues...maybe he shouldn't be throwing inside then? If he can't make the pitch happen...then don't throw it.

But screw it we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on it. Did anyone who watched the game notice the home base ump and his quirky behavior never giving the catchers a ball to throw back?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Teixeira saw it differently. He homered off Padilla the first two times he faced him in 2005, when Teixeira played for the Rangers and Padilla for the Phillies. In his third at-bat, Padilla drilled Teixeira, beginning what Teixeira believes has become a pattern.

"Every time I've faced him since, there seem to be balls near my head and near my body, and today I got hit twice," he said.

Teixeira and Padilla were teammates in Texas from 2006-07, and Teixeira said Tuesday he didn't like Padilla's propensity back then for hitting batters.

"There's really no reason for it in baseball," Teixeira said. "If you can't get a guy out, don't hit him. If you don't want to pitch to a guy, then put four fingers out there and walk him.

"Unfortunately, when I was a teammate, it happened a lot where he would hit guys. The [Nos.] 3, 4 hitters, those are the guys that get hit for retaliation. And I got hit plenty of times."

That is what really bothered me about it.

Did anyone who watched the game notice the home base ump and his quirky behavior never giving the catchers a ball to throw back?

Man, I thought I was bad backing up my Tivo just to see what kind of pitch a guy hit. Now I'm thinking I don't pay close enough attention to the game. :brooding:

Just joshing ya!

Man, I thought I was bad backing up my Tivo just to see what kind of pitch a guy hit. Now I'm thinking I don't pay close enough attention to the game. :brooding:

Just joshing ya!

It was hilarious...the first time Posada went back and put his hand out for the ball I thought it was a little odd but ok sometimes the ump does throw the ball to the pitcher...but I swear not once did he hand a catcher the ball. And like I said he made some really bad throws forcing the pitchers to really stretch out.

Finally had some free time to look into it...found this on the umps Wiki page.

Eddings is known for his forceful throws when giving a new ball to pitcher. Eddings can be seen stepping out of his home plate stance and delivering a hard throw straight to the pitcher on the mound.[citation needed] In contrast most umpires hand a new ball to the catcher, or lightly toss the baseball to the pitcher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Eddings

I wouldn't be making such a big deal out of it if it were not for the fact that Tex claims the guy has head hunted him for pretty much his entire history against the guy. And of course I was complaining about Clemens going roid-rage against Piazza...any self-respecting fan should have.

And VG...the guy coming off of the DL who has control issues...maybe he shouldn't be throwing inside then? If he can't make the pitch happen...then don't throw it.

But screw it we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on it. Did anyone who watched the game notice the home base ump and his quirky behavior never giving the catchers a ball to throw back?

Why should a guy give up a part of the plate when he's coming off the DL? Thats just idiotic dude.

Padilla hits a lot of guys, doesn't mean he does it intentionally every time.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

That is what really bothered me about it.

How about posting the rest of the article.

When asked how we would respond to claims that he hit Teixeira on purpose, though, Padilla maintained his innocence.

"I think that would be unfair because I had runners on first and third," he said through a translator. "I would not be able to risk it that way during the game, because I had runners on the corners. The answer is, it's stupid if he thinks it was an intentional pitch."

Yeah like he is going to come out and admit he did it on purpose :rolleyes:

So you take Teixeira's word for it, throw out all the facts that he was injured and it's his first start back, was wild the whole time anyway with 4 walks.

Nope, he wanted to load the bases by intentionally hitting a guy, when Arod is hitting behind him, in a big game for both him and the team.

Were you this objective when Joba was throwing at the Sox players head every game?

Have you seen the replay yet? That ball went straight at Tex.

So basically it is inconceivable that he would throw at Tex on purpose to load the bases, but it makes sense that he would keep throwing a pitch he clearly has no control over and has already hit a guy with?

And I don't like Joba going after the Sox players either.

Have you seen the replay yet? That ball went straight at Tex.

So basically it is inconceivable that he would throw at Tex on purpose to load the bases, but it makes sense that he would keep throwing a pitch he clearly has no control over and has already hit a guy with?

And I don't like Joba going after the Sox players either.

No, it's not inconceivable, just highly unlikely. I've said Padilla doesn't shy away from doinking guys, but i have a hard time believing he did it on purpose in this case.

No, it's not inconceivable, just highly unlikely. I've said Padilla doesn't shy away from doinking guys, but i have a hard time believing he did it on purpose in this case.

Given their history and the way the pitch acted after he released it I think it is highly inconceivable it wasn't on purpose...have you checked out the video of it yet?

Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm sure you weren't complaining when

Clemens hit Piazza in the head and later threw the jagged edge of his bat at him.

In the Rockets defense...it turns out he was ripped on uppers, cough syrup, HGH, and The Clear at the time. So he obviously has a diminished capacity defense angle to work should he choose.

C. Wagon

I heard he was released yesterday.

He wasn't released. He was put on waivers.

Same difference. All waivers means is other teams are given the option to pick him up on the existing contract. And why would anyone want to pick up a starting pitcher who cant find the strike zone and when opposing batters who will hit against him...well his response to that is to hit them.

Same difference. All waivers means is other teams are given the option to pick him up on the existing contract. And why would anyone want to pick up a starting pitcher who cant find the strike zone and when opposing batters who will hit against him...well his response to that is to hit them.

Dude, you act like this is new, thats baseball, if you're too squeamish for it, watch curling. I've never seen this much outrage over a guy plunking someone a couple times. Never mind the guy was in his first start since coming off the dl with a shoulder injury, never mind the guy likes to pitch inside, which is his right. Your suggestion is someone give up a whole part of the plate when they don't have their best stuff....thats brilliant.