SportsWrath

What will be different in the NFC East competition this season?

Gspotter

What is sad and pathetic is Pierce's athletic ability. He may be a coach on the field. I'd like to see a MLBer in the enemy backfield ande not one who is totaly ineffective and pancaked when he does ocassionaly get in there

Now, we have a 10 man D with an added "coach on the field" .........and another coach- the DC up in the booth totaly emotionaly removed from his defense

how many time have we seen Spags huddle with his soldiers and inspire them to great performances

you can't do that from the booth, and Coughlin can't do it standing in front of you

Tom is old school and is a couple of generations removed from his players

Our D is now rudder-less........I fear for our "streamlined" defense this year.

I've always though football was fundamentally a game of raw emotion. Otherwise one could not account for how Lombardy squeezed so much performance from an athletically mediocre group

Hopefully we can outscore them.....were not going to out coach them

I take that back. You're not dumber than I thought, you're just plain dumb.

The Giants really like Goff as Pierce's replacement, you want to know how I know this?

Goff dates my school's athletic trainer. I've met him a couple of times and he's a really nice

dude and down to earth. He did say some interesting things about Kehl though. Apparently

he is sort of an outcast in the lockerroom and stays distant. I'd probably attribute this to

the fact that Kehl went to BYU and is uber religious.

Interesting, Golfin'. It's a shame that we didn't get to see much of Goff last year before him being placed on IR. I'm not sure the Giants WOULDN'T tell Goff stuff like that, though. I mean, you have to motivate your players and give them something to aspire to. If they had said, "you know Jonathan, we really like you and think you could be our back-up middle linebacker for a very long time" then that might not be the biggest confidence builder! :lol:

I'm sure you are correct about Kehl's LDS affiliation being what separates him from the majority of the group. I think that they will still respect him as long as he makes the plays on the football field, though.

It will be a good camp to watch this year. It is noteworthy that the Giants did not draft a replacement for Pierce in this draft, though, as a lot of people thought that should've been a priority. Pierce has to be considered as a player who may only have a year or two left. This might mean that the Giants think they already have his replacement in Goff or Blackburn, or it may be that they will just see how it goes and address the situation later. The Blackburn/Goff battle throughout camp, though, has to be one of the more intriguing and competitive ones we'll see.

The Giants really like Goff as Pierce's replacement, you want to know how I know this?

Goff dates my school's athletic trainer. I've met him a couple of times and he's a really nice

dude and down to earth. He did say some interesting things about Kehl though. Apparently

he is sort of an outcast in the lockerroom and stays distant. I'd probably attribute this to

the fact that Kehl went to BYU and is uber religious.

My guess is its because Mormons put themselves in a category by themselves and try to act like they love all, but LDS is a freakin cult. They smile in your face while plotting to convert you and everyone to build bigger and more expensive temples. Anyways, thats my rant, I cant stand Mormonism. Its a joke. But the reason I say this is because if he's so religious, why did SoCal and I see him at the Fox Sports Grill, with people who weren't teammates, drinking alcohol? Me thinks he may just be a snobby prick.

My guess is its because Mormons put themselves in a category by themselves and try to act like they love all, but LDS is a freakin cult. They smile in your face while plotting to convert you and everyone to build bigger and more expensive temples. Anyways, thats my rant, I cant stand Mormonism. Its a joke. But the reason I say this is because if he's so religious, why did SoCal and I see him at the Fox Sports Grill, with people who weren't teammates, drinking alcohol? Me thinks he may just be a snobby prick.

Geez man, you're making a lot of assumptions there! Can't you give the brother the benefit of the doubt? Are you positive it was him at the place having a beer anyways? Maybe it was O'Douls! :P

Interesting, Golfin'. It's a shame that we didn't get to see much of Goff last year before him being placed on IR. I'm not sure the Giants WOULDN'T tell Goff stuff like that, though. I mean, you have to motivate your players and give them something to aspire to. If they had said, "you know Jonathan, we really like you and think you could be our back-up middle linebacker for a very long time" then that might not be the biggest confidence builder! :lol:

I'm sure you are correct about Kehl's LDS affiliation being what separates him from the majority of the group. I think that they will still respect him as long as he makes the plays on the football field, though.

It will be a good camp to watch this year. It is noteworthy that the Giants did not draft a replacement for Pierce in this draft, though, as a lot of people thought that should've been a priority. Pierce has to be considered as a player who may only have a year or two left. This might mean that the Giants think they already have his replacement in Goff or Blackburn, or it may be that they will just see how it goes and address the situation later. The Blackburn/Goff battle throughout camp, though, has to be one of the more intriguing and competitive ones we'll see.

Well know, but its been widely reported that the Giants do like him. So does Antonio Pierce

too, but I'd imagine that really doesn't mean much.

What is sad and pathetic is Pierce's athletic ability. He may be a coach on the field. I'd like to see a MLBer in the enemy backfield ande not one who is totaly ineffective and pancaked when he does ocassionaly get in there

Now, we have a 10 man D with an added "coach on the field" .........and another coach- the DC up in the booth totaly emotionaly removed from his defense

how many time have we seen Spags huddle with his soldiers and inspire them to great performances

you can't do that from the booth, and Coughlin can't do it standing in front of you

Our D is now rudder-less........I fear for our "streamlined" defense this year.

I've always though football was fundamentally a game of raw emotion. Otherwise one could not account for how Lombardy squeezed so much performance from an athletically mediocre group

Hopefully we can outscore them.....were not going to out coach them

You know, I was going to comment about Spags being inspirational, and Coughlin not being inspirational; since it's pretty obvious TC has total buy-in from just about everyone on his team at this point.

Then I read how Lombardi squeezed performance out of a mediocre 60's Packers. A team that won championships both during and before the Superbowls FIVE times in that decade, had mediocre players. HoooKayyyyyy...

What's the next step up from "batshit crazy?"

It's funny...did Coughlin outcoach the "greatest coach of our time" in Belicheck?

I watched the game......not sure you did

Tom coached the O thats his love. We didn't exactly blast the Patriots so so D into oblivion

On the other hand Spags pummeled Tom Brady like he never experienced and held their running game to pathetic

I'd say Spags won that SB and Tom was a good overlord

It will be interesting to see how we do with a coach when we did not mount a determined search.

The last 3 times we didn't mount a big search we wound up with AWFUL defensive co-ordinators.....I cant even say average.....pathetic ones

When Tom's job was on the line he reached for the best young co-ordinator in the business, and we won a SB with our D.

I wish Sheridan well but he will never get top results up in that booth

Tom coached the O thats his love. We didn't exactly blast the Patriots so so D into oblivion

On the other hand Spags pummeled Tom Brady like he never experienced and held their running game to pathetic

It will be interesting to see how we do with a coach when we did not mount a determined search.

The last 3 times we didn't mount a big search we wound up with AWFUL defensive co-ordinators.....I cant even say average.....pathetic ones

When Tom's job was on the line he reached for the best young co-ordinator in the business, and we won a SB with our D.

This is a Fab 4-ish response. Please, when can the Mods suspend this guy already.

no offense but constantly calling for banning when you can't mount a retort makes you seem a bit childish

how old are you ?

Undoubtedly older than you. I've mounted several retorts, you don't even read them.

If you really are a boxer, you took way too many shots to the head. 5,000 too many.

The Giants still have positional coaches, right? :huh:

You know, I was going to comment about Spags being inspirational, and Coughlin not being inspirational; since it's pretty obvious TC has total buy-in from just about everyone on his team at this point.

Then I read how Lombardi squeezed performance out of a mediocre 60's Packers. A team that won championships both during and before the Superbowls FIVE times in that decade, had mediocre players. HoooKayyyyyy...

What's the next step up from "batshit crazy?"

bat shit crazy :lol:

That just made my day :)

Just to be clear here Jack, when Tom needed a coordinator he did not reach for "the best young so-ordinator in the business". He actually interviewed and "reached" for a young positional coach from a team that had had a very good defense for many years. In fact Spags HAD NEVER coordinated a game in his ENTIRE life before week 1 of the 2007 season in Dallas. In fact if you recall many people brought that up when his defense was torched for 80 pts in 2 games. I am sure though you did not, as you always knew that Steve Spagnolou was a terrific position coach on a team that had been a playoff one for many years.

Just to be clear here Jack, when Tom needed a coordinator he did not reach for "the best young so-ordinator in the business". He actually interviewed and "reached" for a young positional coach from a team that had had a very good defense for many years. In fact Spags HAD NEVER coordinated a game in his ENTIRE life before week 1 of the 2007 season in Dallas. In fact if you recall many people brought that up when his defense was torched for 80 pts in 2 games. I am sure though you did not, as you always knew that Steve Spagnolou was a terrific position coach on a team that had been a playoff one for many years.

Dont use logic on Jack, he ignores any common sense anyways.

Jack there's no doubt Pierce has lost a step and he's not as good as he was 2 years ago, but there's no one else on the team as good. Blackburn is not the answer. If he had it in him, he'd have been the starter a long time ago.

Soon we'll draft his replacement, but it doesn't take a football genius to know he will benefit from our defensive line depth this year, so it's not exactly an 'emergency' chicken little.

Well know, but its been widely reported that the Giants do like him. So does Antonio Pierce

too, but I'd imagine that really doesn't mean much.

Great, hopefully we will see this year that Jerry found another diamond in the rough in the 2008 draft. Personally I'm a bit more enthusiastic about Kehl, because he had a great collegiate resume, has the the physique of a prototypical WIL, we've seen a little of what he can do, and was drafted a round higher than Goff. If the Giants are excited about this kid, though, then I can't wait to see what he can do during exhibition season!

Chase had one game that he filled in at starting middle linebacker for an injured Pierce, and he was awesome in that game. He was a true difference maker. Nobody can say here whether or not he would be a good starting MLB, because Pierce was signed before the 2005 season to be the starter, the year that Chase was drafted. All we can do is look at what he's done when called upon, and he has done a very good job in the limited opportunity we've seen of him. I don't think it's fair to say that he would've been the starter a long time ago, though, with Pierce's presence here for his entire Giants career. I like Chase. I can say I have no idea whether or not he would be a great starting MIKE, but it's unfair to dismiss him, too, as well as foolish to anoint him at this point as well.

Chase had one game that he filled in at starting middle linebacker for an injured Pierce, and he was awesome in that game. He was a true difference maker. Nobody can say here whether or not he would be a good starting MLB, because Pierce was signed before the 2005 season to be the starter, the year that Chase was drafted. All we can do is look at what he's done when called upon, and he has done a very good job in the limited opportunity we've seen of him. I don't think it's fair to say that he would've been the starter a long time ago, though, with Pierce's presence here for his entire Giants career. I like Chase. I can say I have no idea whether or not he would be a great starting MIKE, but it's unfair to dismiss him, too, as well as foolish to anoint him at this point as well.

So you don't think he's had the opportunity to earn the starting spot? He's been here 4 years and started 10 games. He is what he is, a role player. Linebacker depth and special teams stud. I like to think the coaches would put the best player on the field, and they've seen enough of Chase to make that judgement.

Vs. KC a few years ago, his rookie year? Because Blackburn was TERRIBLE in that game, he just made a couple highlight type plays and racked up about dozen tackles eight, nine, ten yards down the field. A couple highlights and a nice looking box score made all of us think he was the second coming, but most snaps he was washed out of the play.

Why does it have to be that either Blackburn sucks? Or Blackburn is great? He is what he is, a very nice backup player who contributes on special teams and has played well at times when called upon to start. There is nothing wrong with having that type of player on your roster long term, it makes for continuity and continued competition as Chase has shown he will battle no matter what the position is for.

Why does it have to be that either Blackburn sucks? Or Blackburn is great? He is what he is, a very nice backup player who contributes on special teams and has played well at times when called upon to start. There is nothing wrong with having that type of player on your roster long term, it makes for continuity and continued competition as Chase has shown he will battle no matter what the position is for.

:clap:

As a backup, he'll also have a much longer career. Remember, he's already had broken vertibrae in his neck.

Geez man, you're making a lot of assumptions there! Can't you give the brother the benefit of the doubt? Are you positive it was him at the place having a beer anyways? Maybe it was O'Douls! :P

LOL....it was him w/o a doubt. And it was mixed drinks. I could see them making them for him.