SportsWrath

What will be different in the NFC East competition this season?

Gspotter

I hope I'm not seeing comments about Blackburn being better than Pierce, I hope not.

Chase Blackburn is able to call defensive plays because on the practice field, he follows Pierce around everywhere. He has admitted that and so has Pierce.

Chase had a very good season last year, I went back on my original thoughts on him because of it. But it's more a product of the system than anything. I dare say he goes to another team and is as productive, he more than likely wouldn't start anywhere else.

Get off that horse whoever is on it.

I hope I'm not seeing comments about Blackburn being better than Pierce, I hope not.

Chase Blackburn is able to call defensive plays because on the practice field, he follows Pierce around everywhere. He has admitted that and so has Pierce.

Chase had a very good season last year, I went back on my original thoughts on him because of it. But it's more a product of the system than anything. I dare say he goes to another team and is as productive, he more than likely wouldn't start anywhere else.

Get off that horse whoever is on it.

agreed. Blackburn reminds me of that 4th outfielder in baseball who plays very well for your team when asked, gets big hits when called upon and is a good backup to all the regulars. Only when you see him on a conistent basis like the regulars he fails to then meet the constant expectations.

There have been a on of Giants over the years like this, from Lewis Tillman to Chad Bratzke etc. sometimes its best to realize what a guy is good at and even though it might not be for all the glory and money, its what he does well.

Backing up and playing St's is what Blackburn does well.

The only time I can remember Pierce being REALLY burned last year was by Brian Westbrook.

And honestly... what linebacker DOESN'T get burned by Brian Westbrook? Brian Urlacher is the best cover MLB in the game and he wouldn't have a prayer keeping up with Westy.

True, Tree, but there'll be less pressure on Romo to focus on one player because that player is constantly in your ear. Without T.O., Romo doesn't have that extra burden of trying to force it to T.O., and can spread the ball around to Williams, Witten, Austin, and Crayton. It will be Williams plus a couple of receivers that replaces T.O.'s production, but they will do it more efficiently, more than likely.

I don't know that you can assume that. Williams was with TO in complaining that Witten & Romo were conspiring about passes. There's also much more pressure on Williams to show he can perform than Owens ever had.

The only time I can remember Pierce being REALLY burned last year was by Brian Westbrook.

And honestly... what linebacker DOESN'T get burned by Brian Westbrook? Brian Urlacher is the best cover MLB in the game and he wouldn't have a prayer keeping up with Westy.

Really I can't remember Pierce making a play since the miracle in Lambeau.......the defenders must have slipped on the ice

HE STINKS

He is the lowest impact LBer in the NFL........... BAR NONE

You can criticize Chase all you want at WIL.......what about at MLBer? Did he look out of place against SFO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

end of story.........we have 10 men and one old man on the field on D

If Blackburn actually showed the potential that Jack keep fucking yapping about, he'd be a

hall of famer. Seriously...the guy was replaced this offseason with Michael Boley...deal with it.

He is nothing more than a special teamer and someone who can start about 2 to 3 games a

year as a substitute.

If Blackburn could supplant Pierce as starter, he would. He can't.

If Blackburn actually showed the potential that Jack keep fucking yapping about, he'd be a

hall of famer. Seriously...the guy was replaced this offseason with Michael Boley...deal with it.

He is nothing more than a special teamer and someone who can start about 2 to 3 games a

year as a substitute.

but but but

the coaches play favorism. not because they think it will win games but because they want the guy getting paid the most out on the field.

although id be willing to bet sam madison was making more than some of the cornerbacks playing above him. and theres probably more examples.

but but but

the coaches play favorism. not because they think it will win games but because they want the guy getting paid the most out on the field.

although id be willing to bet sam madison was making more than some of the cornerbacks playing above him. and theres probably more examples.

remember that quote the next time you see fat boy piling on LOL

Why do I get the picture is that if you called Pierce "fat boy" to his face, he'd

break every bone in your skull?

Because that would not happen

I'm bigger than him by 10 lbs, taller and boxed in college

I would destroy him

what is he 5'11 228?

Boxing is an art, a science.......fat boy can't even hurt anyone on a football field

at last resort I could out run him LOL

I would destroy him

what is he 5'11 228?

Boxing is an art, a science.......fat boy can't even hurt anyone on a football field

Right.

I would destroy him

what is he 5'11 228?

So Wizdum is back huh?

I would destroy him

what is he 5'11 228?

Look up guys. Remember who ya'll are arguing with? You've all gotten Jacked! :lol:

year as a substitute.

To be fair, Golfin' I don't think Boley is really replacing Blackburn. The plan going into last year, if I remember correctly, was that Gerris Wilkinson was supposed to start, and for whatever reason, injury or poor play, Blackburn took over the spot. Which is really a credit to Chase, he was obviously the best choice that the Giants had to take over the WILL, which is not his position nor should it be. As a middle linebacker, when I've seen Chase there, I don't think we've lost that much. Pierce is a leader, though, something difficult to measure it's value. I like Chase, not so sure he should be starting over Pierce, but I think he MIGHT be a good replacement for Pierce down the road. We'll have to remember this thread later this year if Pierce gets dinged so we can watch more closely how Blackburn does as a starter.

Talking about WIL, Kehl is a player, I think, that has showed good things whenever called upon. He is definitely a WIL, and I feel comfortable should he need to fill in for Boley at any time next year.

To be fair, Golfin' I don't think Boley is really replacing Blackburn. The plan going into last year, if I remember correctly, was that Gerris Wilkinson was supposed to start, and for whatever reason, injury or poor play, Blackburn took over the spot. Which is really a credit to Chase, he was obviously the best choice that the Giants had to take over the WILL, which is not his position nor should it be. As a middle linebacker, when I've seen Chase there, I don't think we've lost that much. Pierce is a leader, though, something difficult to measure it's value. I like Chase, not so sure he should be starting over Pierce, but I think he MIGHT be a good replacement for Pierce down the road. We'll have to remember this thread later this year if Pierce gets dinged so we can watch more closely how Blackburn does as a starter.

Talking about WIL, Kehl is a player, I think, that has showed good things whenever called upon. He is definitely a WIL, and I feel comfortable should he need to fill in for Boley at any time next year.

The Giants really like Goff as Pierce's replacement, you want to know how I know this?

Goff dates my school's athletic trainer. I've met him a couple of times and he's a really nice

dude and down to earth. He did say some interesting things about Kehl though. Apparently

he is sort of an outcast in the lockerroom and stays distant. I'd probably attribute this to

the fact that Kehl went to BYU and is uber religious.

I would destroy him

what is he 5'11 228?

Boxed in college? Are you still in college?

Thats what I thought. Shut yer trap, he'd kill you. Hell, you couldnt make it past me. ;)

Pierce is still the best mlb we have. I was hoping for Maualugua ? but oh well.

I think Pierce is a little better than he looked at the end of last year, just like our dline.

Everyone got tired. We weren't getting the pressure and people were getting burned in coverage, Pierce wasn't the only one. With the rotation we're going to have on the line this year, I expect him to be much better.

You can blame the playcalling as much as Pierce for the Westbrook td's.

Pierce is still the best mlb we have. I was hoping for Maualugua ? but oh well.

I think Pierce is a little better than he looked at the end of last year, just like our dline.

Everyone got tired. We weren't getting the pressure and people were getting burned in coverage, Pierce wasn't the only one. With the rotation we're going to have on the line this year, I expect him to be much better.

You can blame the playcalling as much as Pierce for the Westbrook td's.

Pierce is horrible.......you all make me sick

watching him flail all over the field make me sicker

I'm pretty sure thats swine flu, you will probably die in 24 hours.

You wont be missed.

Pierce does not have swine flu.....it did not even exist last season

hes just slow, old and has the reaction time of an 80 yr old.......he'd be my choice to dispose of a gun though

Swine flu thats a good one

Blackburn's your man.....like it or not

hahahahaha

Pierce does not have swine flu.....it did not even exist last season

hes just slow, old and has the reaction time of an 80 yr old.......he'd be my choice to dispose of a gun though

Swine flu thats a good one

Blackburn's your man.....like it or not

hahahahaha

Wow, your dumber than I thought. He meant you. :rolleyes:

Wow, your dumber than I thought. He meant you. :rolleyes:

In Jack's world, he actually thinks people on here actually care what he thinks.

I dont think we should disturb him of that and just let him keep posting, it's actually quite amusing sometimes in a sad pathetic sort of way.

In Jack's world, he actually thinks people on here actually care what he thinks.

I dont think we should disturb him of that and just let him keep posting, it's actually quite amusing sometimes in a sad pathetic sort of way.

What is sad and pathetic is Pierce's athletic ability. He may be a coach on the field. I'd like to see a MLBer in the enemy backfield ande not one who is totaly ineffective and pancaked when he does ocassionaly get in there

Now, we have a 10 man D with an added "coach on the field" .........and another coach- the DC up in the booth totaly emotionaly removed from his defense

how many time have we seen Spags huddle with his soldiers and inspire them to great performances

you can't do that from the booth, and Coughlin can't do it standing in front of you

Tom is old school and is a couple of generations removed from his players

Our D is now rudder-less........I fear for our "streamlined" defense this year.

I've always thought football was fundamentally a game of raw emotion. Otherwise one could not account for how Lombardy squeezed so much performance from an athletically mediocre group

Hopefully we can outscore them.....were not going to out coach them

What is sad and pathetic is Pierce's athletic ability. He may be a coach on the field. I'd like to see a MLBer in the enemy backfield ande not one who is totaly ineffective and pancaked when he does ocassionaly get in there

Now, we have a 10 man D with an added "coach on the field" .........and another coach- the DC up in the booth totaly emotionaly removed from his defense

how many time have we seen Spags huddle with his soldiers and inspire them to great performances

you can't do that from the booth, and Coughlin can't do it standing in front of you

Tom is old school and is a couple of generations removed from his players

Our D is now rudder-less........I fear for our "streamlined" defense this year.

I've always though football was fundamentally a game of raw emotion. Otherwise one could not account for how Lombardy squeezed so much performance from an athletically mediocre group

Hopefully we can outscore them.....were not going to out coach them

I swear, did Jimmy Nosebleed and Wizdum merge into one person, because if they did this would be the nonsensical tripe they would type. 2 guys who don't watch the actual games, typing as one.

You don't type nonsense like this if you're actually watching games, even as a joke.