SportsWrath

Finally, DRAFTDAY - Rumors and more rumors

BleedinBlue

It's really easy to get caught up in mock drafts and "inside" scoops on what each team wants. But for the sake of youngsters on this board, let me tell you from years of experience....that 99% of everything you read or hear is little more than a smokescreen. All teams do it and the last thing any general manager wants the public to know, is who they are really targeting. If that becomes public knowledge, they're playing poker with their hand laid out in front for everyone to see.....and of course, every other GM is holding their hand close to their chest so no one can see. So just keep that in mind while watching the draft and enjoy it for the sake of the poker game that it is.

Does Reese have a couple of targeted players? Oh yeah....you can bet the ranch on that one. Does anyone outside his inner circle know who those guys are? Nope!

So when the draft gets started today....you can only expect one thing....and that is to expect the unexpected. I think there's a pretty good chance that we trade for Edwards today, but it also wouldn't surprise me if we don't end up picking him up and that our first pick ends up grabbing an offensive lineman or a cornerback. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Giants ignore Edwards altogether today and end up making a deal for him after the draft. Anything is possible.

Oh yeah....one other thing: Mel Kipper is an asshole so take nothing he says to heart. He's a clown who somehow keeps his job by regurgitating things he reads in magazines. He has no inside scoop. He has no scouting team. He only has what he reads and hears just like any other football fan....except that he criticizes picks and grades teams like the Giants with a C-. If you get NFL network.....it's a far better network for which to watch the draft because you don't have to stomach hours and hours of useless analysis by Kipper.

Anyhoo....enjoy......it starts at 4:00.

Here's the general rules and info on the draft:

Date
: Saturday, April 25 (Rounds 1 & 2); Sunday, April 26 (Rounds 3-7)

Time
: Round 1 will start at 4:00PM ET on Saturday, April 25, while Round 3 will start at 10:00AM ET on Sunday, April 26.

TV Schedule
: Draft coverage can be seen live on the NFL Network and ESPN starting at 4:00PM ET on Saturday, April 25, and 10:00AM ET on Sunday, April 26.

Draft Limit for Each Round
:

Round 1: 10 minutes

Round 2: 7 minutes

Round 3: 5 minutes

Round 4: 5 minutes

Round 5: 5 minutes

Round 6: 5 minutes

Round 7: 5 minutes

NFL Draft Order
:

1 Detroit Lions

2 St. Louis Rams

3 Kansas City Chiefs

4 Seattle Seahawks

5 Cleveland Browns

6 Cincinnati Bengals

7 Oakland Raiders

8 Jacksonville Jaguars

9 Green Bay Packers

10 San Francisco 49ers

11 Buffalo Bills

12 Denver Broncos

13 Washington Redskins

14 New Orleans Saints

15 Houston Texans

16 San Diego Chargers

17 New York Jets

18 Denver Broncos (from Chicago)

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

20 Detroit Lions (from Dallas)

21 Philadelphia Eagles

22 Minnesota Vikings

23 New England Patriots

24 Atlanta Falcons

25 Miami Dolphins

26 Baltimore Ravens

27 Indianapolis Colts

28 Buffalo Bills (from Philadelphia via Carolina)

29 New York Giants

30 Tennessee Titans

31 Arizona Cardinals

32 Pittsburgh Steelers

And if Detroit uses their entire time limit (even though they signed Stafford last night and it's a done deal), I will be screaming at my TV set. They should be walking up to the podium within 1 second after they are on the clock....not their allotted 10 minutes. That kind of bullshit really gets under my skin.

Like when the giants drafted kiwi.... we were all like... what the fuck... another DE!!!!! But i have complete faith in Reese.... he's a STUD GM... as was Ernie.

Really excited for today...

Oh how I remember. I was yelling at the tv saying WTF over and over. The last thing on earth we needed was a DE (or so I thought).

My favorite was when we drafted Osi with our 2nd round pick and I had never heard of him even though I had every DE (and every other position) ranked on Excel and I had my papers strewn all over the coffee table and couch. And of course, Mel Kipper was laughing his ass off and saying it was the stupidest move he had ever seen in the draft and that Osi could've been picked up in round 4 or 5 or even later.

That's one thing I like about the Giants....they really scour the small school prospects (Osi, Jacobs, Shianco, etc.) and always pick one or two gems from obscure schools. I'm hoping this year they grab Ramsey Barden from the small school pool.

But like you say.....I too have total faith in Reese. He's one savvy sombitch and one helluva fart smeller.

Im glad Im not our GM. I was cursing the TV out when we picked Eli instead of Gallery. I also was sure that Tyrone Wheatley was our savior and that this other kid from Michigan, some dude named Toomer or something like that, would only last a yr or two. <_<

blue... I liked how you said " let me tell you from years of experience...."

Jesus... we're all a bunch of old goats on this board...

Yeah....for the most part we're a bunch of old timers, but there's a few kids that hang around this board. ACtually, I'm like a kid on draft day and just had to start a thread because all I want to do is talk football today and nothing else. But because I have to wait until this evening, I've put my clubs in the car and am heading for the golf course in a few minutes. That should make the time go by a little faster.

Yeah....for the most part we're a bunch of old timers, but there's a few kids that hang around this board. ACtually, I'm like a kid on draft day and just had to start a thread because all I want to do is talk football today and nothing else. But because I have to wait until this evening, I've put my clubs in the car and am heading for the golf course in a few minutes. That should make the time go by a little faster.

Hey Bleedin, how'd ya like that game between the Sixers and Magic last night?

:ph34r:

Im glad Im not our GM. I was cursing the TV out when we picked Eli instead of Gallery. I also was sure that Tyrone Wheatley was our savior and that this other kid from Michigan, some dude named Toomer or something like that, would only last a yr or two. <_<

you me same....

after that draft i learn a lesson, and that is, i'm no pro.. and either are the clowns in ESPN...

by the way, they were waving how great Gallery was.... how is he doing now???..

you me same....

after that draft i learn a lesson, and that is, i'm no pro.. and either are the clowns in ESPN...

i was actually happy about the eli pick.

kiwi i was WTFing.

though this year i feel its obvious what we are looking for. our biggest need is clear.

you me same....

Im not sure, is he even still playing?

Oh how I remember. I was yelling at the tv saying WTF over and over.

I wasn't. Yes I didn't know who the dude was but let's see... these guys do this for a living.. and I'm just a fan on the outside looking in. Kindda like the P&R section, everytime I say something about the Middle East or Islam, you guys yell at your computers... even though i'm right... all along

sorry, couldn't resist :P

Hey Bleedin, how'd ya like that game between the Sixers and Magic last night?

:ph34r:

Sorry blue, but I don't watch NBA anymore. Maybe some day if the Knicks ever become respectable again, but that's not too likely given the management.

I coulda swore the draft started at 11am EST today. I gotta fuckin wait that long?? Im goin back to bed. :brooding:

Yeah....and if the Giants don't trade up....it'll probably be well after 8:00 (closer to 9:00) tonight before they even get to pick with their first round.

I kinda wanted Gallery in that draft,because I think "puke"fucking Pettidouche was one of my most hated Giants of all time. Then I also loved Eli and Big Ben in that draft so I wasn't upset when we traded for Eli

I kinda wanted Gallery in that draft,because I think "puke"fucking Pettidouche was one of my most hated Giants of all time. Then I also loved Eli and Big Ben in that draft so I wasn't upset when we traded for Eli

DO NOT , and i repeat, DO NOT mention that POS in this board ever again!!!!!!!!!!!