SportsWrath

METS WIN

Allstarjim

With Schneider out its time to move Castillo to #2 Murphy to #6 or #7 depending on who plays Rf that day

That was sarcasm, right? I know Murphy has shown he can't bunt, but he is still hitting well and I still like him in the 2 hole, where he should get plenty of pitches to hit in front of David. I think it will only hurt Murphy to move him down in the order. It will hurt his confidence, one, because Manuel has already told him that he is the #2 hitter, and it will change the way pitchers pitch to him, and I don't think we want him having to try and make to many adjustments in his young career.

Please. Guy hit his 500th home run...give US a fucking break.

If it was the 9th inning and the game-winner or maybe even tying it in the 9th or later or something, fine, curtain call. But it was 7th inning in the 10th game of the season. It was obviously because of his 500th homerun. The guy is an asshole and a known roid user.

I have absolutely no problem cheering for him and shit after he hit the HR because it was for the good of the Mets, but a curtain call? No. He's a cheater and a scumbag. The guy has exactly 1 freaking HR for this franchise.... he deserves no curtain call.

If it was the 9th inning and the game-winner or maybe even tying it in the 9th or later or something, fine, curtain call. But it was 7th inning in the 10th game of the season. It was obviously because of his 500th homerun. The guy is an asshole and a known roid user.

I have absolutely no problem cheering for him and shit after he hit the HR because it was for the good of the Mets, but a curtain call? No. He's a cheater and a scumbag. The guy has exactly 1 freaking HR for this franchise.... he deserves no curtain call.

Really..what makes you come to that conclusion? I'm not denying he's a cheater and/or scumbag..

but I will root for him..only because of the team name on the front of the jersey.

Really..what makes you come to that conclusion? I'm not denying he's a cheater and/or scumbag..

but I will root for him..only because of the team name on the front of the jersey.

Because it was the 7th inning. If Castillo hits that, is there a curtain call? No.

Did you cheer for Glavine's 300th?

Glavine didn't cheat and had been with the Mets for awhile at that point, so I didn't mind cheering directly for his personal achievement.

In hindsight, however, fuck him, that fucker.

That was sarcasm, right? I know Murphy has shown he can't bunt, but he is still hitting well and I still like him in the 2 hole, where he should get plenty of pitches to hit in front of David. I think it will only hurt Murphy to move him down in the order. It will hurt his confidence, one, because Manuel has already told him that he is the #2 hitter, and it will change the way pitchers pitch to him, and I don't think we want him having to try and make to many adjustments in his young career.

Murphy is not a prototypical #2 hitter, even you in your "the Mets can do no wrong" seeings must realize this. He is a hitter, has a good eye and uses the entire field. Exactly what you want in one of your middle of the order run producers. Moving Castillo up puts more speed up top and does not clog up the bases and it also allows a superior bunter to be in the 2 hole, something that is particularly imporant from a 2 hitter. When does an 8 hitter lay down a bunt to move a runner up to give the pitcher an RBI oppurtunity. Manuel placed Castillo in the 8 hole to regain his eye and confidence. Now place him back up top and balance the lineup out and get Murphy behind Beltran. Murphys future is at this teams #3 hitter, Hernandez said as much the other night, it does not matter where you hit him and why waste any at bats in the 2 hole where he is taking pitches for Jose to run or even bunting. Its not his game.

Murphy is not a prototypical #2 hitter, even you in your "the Mets can do no wrong" seeings must realize this. He is a hitter, has a good eye and uses the entire field. Exactly what you want in one of your middle of the order run producers. Moving Castillo up puts more speed up top and does not clog up the bases and it also allows a superior bunter to be in the 2 hole, something that is particularly imporant from a 2 hitter. When does an 8 hitter lay down a bunt to move a runner up to give the pitcher an RBI oppurtunity. Manuel placed Castillo in the 8 hole to regain his eye and confidence. Now place him back up top and balance the lineup out and get Murphy behind Beltran. Murphys future is at this teams #3 hitter, Hernandez said as much the other night, it does not matter where you hit him and why waste any at bats in the 2 hole where he is taking pitches for Jose to run or even bunting. Its not his game.

Not true. I'm just more of a half glass full kind of guy, while you are a "glass is empty" kind of guy. I've been highly critical of the Mets at times. Different trades (the Kazmir trade, the Milledge trade), and also not bringing in Orlando Hudson, which was the one guy they really needed.

I don't disagree with you that Castillo is the better fit in the 2 hole (when he's hitting). What I'm saying is that now that Manuel has proclaimed to Murphy that he "is his #2 hitter", then moving him out now might hurt his confidence, and even though he looks like a mature hitter beyond his years, you don't want to mess with a young hitter's confidence. Also, having him in the 2 hole now allows him to see more hittable pitches, because pitchers will much rather pitch to him than Wright. You make good points but I'd rather leave Murphy where he's at for now while he's getting his feet wet in the majors because he's going to be pitched to, and that can only help his development. Plus, he will be able to have more RBI opportunities because he is a better extra base hitter than Castillo, so it's not all on Wright and Delgado. In time, I would agree with your statement, just not right now.

Not true. I'm just more of a half glass full kind of guy, while you are a "glass is empty" kind of guy. I've been highly critical of the Mets at times. Different trades (the Kazmir trade, the Milledge trade), and also not bringing in Orlando Hudson, which was the one guy they really needed.

I don't disagree with you that Castillo is the better fit in the 2 hole (when he's hitting). What I'm saying is that now that Manuel has proclaimed to Murphy that he "is his #2 hitter", then moving him out now might hurt his confidence, and even though he looks like a mature hitter beyond his years, you don't want to mess with a young hitter's confidence. Also, having him in the 2 hole now allows him to see more hittable pitches, because pitchers will much rather pitch to him than Wright. You make good points but I'd rather leave Murphy where he's at for now while he's getting his feet wet in the majors because he's going to be pitched to, and that can only help his development. Plus, he will be able to have more RBI opportunities because he is a better extra base hitter than Castillo, so it's not all on Wright and Delgado. In time, I would agree with your statement, just not right now.

There you go again classifying me as something negative as a person based on my realistic opinions of the Mets. I will not go down this road again as to your "glass is empty" remark as in concerns to my personality. I know what I am as it concerns to matters that pertain to real importance(which in the grand scheme of things the Mets dont) so I need not attempt to convince someone that is going to think otherwise simply based on my opinions of a baseball team. Quite frankly I really do not care.....

Anyway it really does not matter, the Mets inability to hit with RISP precludes this team from being able to attain any real success other than the 80 some odd games this bunch has shown they are capable of winning. I think its clear that Beltran does not give a flying fuck unless he is playing for a big contract(like he did in 2004 with the Stros) or for team Puerto Rico and Delgado turns it on as how it pertains to his moods(ie play poorly when he hates the manager, play better when manager is gone and in an option year). As for poor Wright, he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders for the failures of this team. Its clear that 07 and 08 affect him when it matters in the clutch because before 2008 he was a 365 hitter with RISP and one of the games best OB% plus slugging from t he 6th inning on. Now? He just acts like all those at bats are the 7th game of the Ws and he crumbles, sad. He will be ok though.

No matter what, Murphy is a future 3 5 or 6 hitter and they might as well put him there now. Its not like Ryan Church has shown any ability to drive in runs.

Jerry really fucked up today. When he pinch hit Church, the Brewers put in a lefty, then Jerry should have put in Castro or another right handed bat. Then first and second no outs, he has Tatis swing away. He should either been bunting or had Castillo or Cora in there bunting. What a terribly managed game today.

There you go again classifying me as something negative as a person based on my realistic opinions of the Mets. I will not go down this road again as to your "glass is empty" remark as in concerns to my personality. I know what I am as it concerns to matters that pertain to real importance(which in the grand scheme of things the Mets dont) so I need not attempt to convince someone that is going to think otherwise simply based on my opinions of a baseball team. Quite frankly I really do not care.....

Anyway it really does not matter, the Mets inability to hit with RISP precludes this team from being able to attain any real success other than the 80 some odd games this bunch has shown they are capable of winning. I think its clear that Beltran does not give a flying fuck unless he is playing for a big contract(like he did in 2004 with the Stros) or for team Puerto Rico and Delgado turns it on as how it pertains to his moods(ie play poorly when he hates the manager, play better when manager is gone and in an option year). As for poor Wright, he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders for the failures of this team. Its clear that 07 and 08 affect him when it matters in the clutch because before 2008 he was a 365 hitter with RISP and one of the games best OB% plus slugging from t he 6th inning on. Now? He just acts like all those at bats are the 7th game of the Ws and he crumbles, sad. He will be ok though.

No matter what, Murphy is a future 3 5 or 6 hitter and they might as well put him there now. Its not like Ryan Church has shown any ability to drive in runs.

I'm merely saying you are pessimistic, in my opinion, in your comments about the Mets. We're only 10 games in or so and you've already said this team is only a .500 team, it's capable of winning only 80 or so games, it's a "shitty" team, etc. To me, I think it's much to early to judge, as I think this team is capable of more.

For the record, I think the criticism of Delgado is a little overstated.... he has been hitting well to start the year, so let's hope for the best. Beltran is a puzzling case. I would say that there is too small of a sample size to generalize about his play during contract years or for Team Puerto Rico. He did go for .284, 27 HR, 112 RBI last year which is pretty darn good. And he's hitting .333 early in the season so far.

Your criticism of Wright, I totally agree with. I saw it near the end of last year. He looks like he's trying to force it, like all the pressure is on him. His ABs late in close games are much different than the ones early, typically. I'm totally with you, he has a psychological problem dealing with clutch situations right now. I hope he snaps out of it.

To sum up, I have no problem with you, xxi. I freely and happily admit I usually err on the optimistic side. But I also believe I am a pretty realistic person, too. You see it different, and usually completely the other way that I do. So it's only natural for me to think that for some reason or another, you have a negative view of the Mets and their prospects. I don't blame anyone for having that kind of view, either, because of how the Mets have disappointed their fans for years now. And I will say that I believe your opinions are just as valid as mine. The truth is, neither of us know what will really happen. We both have an indication one way or another, and either way can be rationally justified. I happen to like the debate, though, as long as we keep it civil, and I apologize if you felt that I was painting you with a broader brush than just your feelings on the Mets. That was not my intention.

Cheers.

Jerry really fucked up today. When he pinch hit Church, the Brewers put in a lefty, then Jerry should have put in Castro or another right handed bat. Then first and second no outs, he has Tatis swing away. He should either been bunting or had Castillo or Cora in there bunting. What a terribly managed game today.

Yes, jranieli. I couldn't believe he didn't have Tatis bunting in that AB with no outs and the winning run on first base, tying run on second. They ran in some bad luck, too. Several hard hit balls were right at people, and Coffey made a great play with the bare hand on that bases loaded double play. They got a series win, though, so at least that part is good. Now on to St. Louis where hopefully they can get their first sweep of the year.

I'm merely saying you are pessimistic, in my opinion, in your comments about the Mets. We're only 10 games in or so and you've already said this team is only a .500 team, it's capable of winning only 80 or so games, it's a "shitty" team, etc. To me, I think it's much to early to judge, as I think this team is capable of more.

For the record, I think the criticism of Delgado is a little overstated.... he has been hitting well to start the year, so let's hope for the best. Beltran is a puzzling case. I would say that there is too small of a sample size to generalize about his play during contract years or for Team Puerto Rico. He did go for .284, 27 HR, 112 RBI last year which is pretty darn good. And he's hitting .333 early in the season so far.

Your criticism of Wright, I totally agree with. I saw it near the end of last year. He looks like he's trying to force it, like all the pressure is on him. His ABs late in close games are much different than the ones early, typically. I'm totally with you, he has a psychological problem dealing with clutch situations right now. I hope he snaps out of it.

To sum up, I have no problem with you, xxi. I freely and happily admit I usually err on the optimistic side. But I also believe I am a pretty realistic person, too. You see it different, and usually completely the other way that I do. So it's only natural for me to think that for some reason or another, you have a negative view of the Mets and their prospects. I don't blame anyone for having that kind of view, either, because of how the Mets have disappointed their fans for years now. And I will say that I believe your opinions are just as valid as mine. The truth is, neither of us know what will really happen. We both have an indication one way or another, and either way can be rationally justified. I happen to like the debate, though, as long as we keep it civil, and I apologize if you felt that I was painting you with a broader brush than just your feelings on the Mets. That was not my intention.

Cheers.

My opinion of this team has NOTHING to do with the 12 games they have played. my OPINION is that they will win 84-88 games and again come up short as most underachievers do, crumbling under the pressure.

As for Delgado, even though I am not basing my opinion on 10(sic 12) games you cannot talk about it "only being 10 games" then cite how Delgado has played well. My opinion on Delgado is based on what I saw and his attitude. I fully expect him in a contract year to play wonderfully, probably lead the team in homers and rbis. I just think he is a POS.

Beltran has never looked as good or spirited as a Met as he did in 2004 playing for a contract or this past month playing for Puerto Rico. In hindsight he never wanted to be a Met anyway, he called the Yanks at the 11th hour and offered to play for less. He looks like he would rather a root canal then play here. But with Boras you take the money. I guess he could be worse, but he does appear like he could care less.

As for knowing what will happen. I am 2-2 the past 2 years in predicting what the Mets will do and where they will finish. So my track record is pretty good of late. In fact in 2006 I also said they would win the NL east, but that was just me being glass half empty and all. ;)

My opinion of this team has NOTHING to do with the 12 games they have played. my OPINION is that they will win 84-88 games and again come up short as most underachievers do, crumbling under the pressure.

As for Delgado, even though I am not basing my opinion on 10(sic 12) games you cannot talk about it "only being 10 games" then cite how Delgado has played well. My opinion on Delgado is based on what I saw and his attitude. I fully expect him in a contract year to play wonderfully, probably lead the team in homers and rbis. I just think he is a POS.

Beltran has never looked as good or spirited as a Met as he did in 2004 playing for a contract or this past month playing for Puerto Rico. In hindsight he never wanted to be a Met anyway, he called the Yanks at the 11th hour and offered to play for less. He looks like he would rather a root canal then play here. But with Boras you take the money. I guess he could be worse, but he does appear like he could care less.

As for knowing what will happen. I am 2-2 the past 2 years in predicting what the Mets will do and where they will finish. So my track record is pretty good of late. In fact in 2006 I also said they would win the NL east, but that was just me being glass half empty and all. ;)

Congratulations. You were 2 for 2. But both seasons we were right on the precipice. We missed the playoffs by 1 game both years. So it's not like we weren't right there. All the Mets had to do was win 2 more games the last two seasons and you would be 0-2. Your body of work on this message board has largely been sarcastic and pessimistic. I am not going to apologize for pointing that out. And if you want, you can continue your passive aggressive barbs all year, it's not going to bother me. I'd rather just talk about the Mets and how they are doing throughout the season than beat this same drum all the time. Enjoy the season, xxi.

Congratulations. You were 2 for 2. But both seasons we were right on the precipice. We missed the playoffs by 1 game both years. So it's not like we weren't right there. All the Mets had to do was win 2 more games the last two seasons and you would be 0-2. Your body of work on this message board has largely been sarcastic and pessimistic. I am not going to apologize for pointing that out. And if you want, you can continue your passive aggressive barbs all year, it's not going to bother me. I'd rather just talk about the Mets and how they are doing throughout the season than beat this same drum all the time. Enjoy the season, xxi.

Actually I was 3-3 but who is counting, had they lost 6 more games in 2006 I would be 2-3 :lol:

You realize how lame it sounds talking about how the Mets were "right there" in terms of the past 2 seasons? Thats absurd. The Mets were not just "right there", they actually HAD THE FUCKING THING IN THE PALMS OF THEIR HANDS AND PISSED IT AWAY. Its comical that you want to let them off the hook by selling yourself that the Mets were right there. Thats a Wilponism and sticks with their mantra of "meaningful late season games". The Cards were right there last year, staying in it, the Jays were right there, the Mets? They had a sizeable lead 2 STRAIGHT years and basically made one collapse seem not as bad because of how horrendous the other one was. If that makes you feel good about your team then by all means keep selling the "right there" theory. I shall look at the realism in it.

The only barbs made EVER on this MB have been by you, classifying my personality traits based on baseball and of course your past aggressions of personal attacks, which considering this is a MB are frightening.

Sell yourself all you want on how the Mets have been right there. If you cannot see the big picture and the problems that this team has your are wearing the Wilpon blinders.