SportsWrath

Edwards or Boldin

BleedinBlue

Which WR would be better fit for the Giants?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR would be better fit for the Giants?

• Braylon Edwards
    • Anquan Boldin

I don't believe Reese would say something to the press to reveal his true intentions. Right now, he is playing poker with Cleveland and it's impossible to see a bluff if that is what it is.

If Reese really was higher on Boldin, he wouldn't tell the world or the price goes up and the Cards have the advantage.

Reese and the gang have a plan and we won't know for sure what that is until it's a done deal.

This is why I hate all the offseason rumors/speculation, Reese will say we have no interest in either one, or we offered this,this and this and they laughed at us. We don't want either WR but, we do so we are uping the ante. OK its now Thursday and as of yesterday we didn't want Boldin now 12 hours later we do,OK we don't now we do.

It does not help Edwards that he only has one pro bowl worthy season to stand on. Boldin is not in the top ten of that list, went to the pro bowl in 2006, and had nearly as many receptions as Edwards did in 2007 in fewer games.

Again, I'm a big fan of Boldin's, he's a premium receiver, but I think we have a Boldin style player in Smith, I think we need Plax type player. Thats not me just saying lets replace Plax with Plax, but Eli can get shaky at times, I think we truely need a guy that can leap and make a catch, stretch the field, make reach over defenders for the corner catch in the endzone.

I would like to have Boldin on the giants, but if our receivers are Smith and Boldin, I believe it shortens the field on offense. Both guys are very good pass catchers, run routes well, make big receptions, both good at what they do, but neither will open the passing game up.

When you have Larry Fitzgerald and no running game, it makes sense to use Boldin in a similar style as Smith. Boldin has more ability than Smith and on most rosters, would be a number one.

Again, I'm a big fan of Boldin's, he's a premium receiver, but I think we have a Boldin style player in Smith, I think we need Plax type player. Thats not me just saying lets replace Plax with Plax, but Eli can get shaky at times, I think we truely need a guy that can leap and make a catch, stretch the field, make reach over defenders for the corner catch in the endzone.

I would like to have Boldin on the giants, but if our receivers are Smith and Boldin, I believe it shortens the field on offense. Both guys are very good pass catchers, run routes well, make big receptions, both good at what they do, but neither will open the passing game up.

There is one important fact to compare when looking at the stats of these two and that is SOS, strength of schedule.

Specifically the division they play in, NFC West with some of the weakest defenses and the AFC North with two of the best defenses in Baltimore & Pittsburgh.

When you consider this context, you can see this is far from apples to apples.