SportsWrath

In interview with Winslow - he says Edwards will be gone

BleedinBlue

This from Profootballtalk.com

Winslow Weighs In On Edwards Trade Rumors

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 13, 2009, 2:06 p.m.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Kellen Winslow doesn’t lack for opinions.

"During a recent interview with Sirius NFL Radio, per the Dayton Daily News, where he endorsed former Cleveland Browns teammate Brady Quinn for the starting quarterback job, Winslow also predicted that wide receiver Braylon Edwards won’t be with the Browns much longer.

There have been persistent rumors that Edwards is on the trading block.

The New York Giants are the team that he has been repeatedly linked with. However, there doesn’t seem to much substance to the proposed trade scenarios picking up steam at this point.

“For some reason, I don’t,” Winslow said when asked if Edwards would play for the Browns next season. “I know Braylon would love to go to New York. The Giants would fit him to a ‘T’ and he would have so much fun up there. I know he loves Cleveland, but New York would be a great fit for him. He’s a city guy and, yeah, I know he would love it there.”

C'mon over Braylon, we'd welcome you. We need a #1 WR, but it doesnt necessarily have to be the caliber of Plax with all our other strong areas. Run game, front seven......all we need is a pretty good receiving game and bring on Lombardi #4, championship numero siete!!!

Dude, this story is like 3 weeks old. PFW is JUST getting to it?

I know there's been rumors for a few weeks, but this is an interview YESTERDAY with one of Edward's past teammates that has inside information on the general feeling of the team and Edwards. Besides....like I said in a different thread...I'm going nuts coming over to this board and it being dead, dead, dead on anything worth reading.

Also....I like to read mock drafts by the dozens and in the last couple of days, I see the 29th pick listing Cleveland instead of the Giants anticipating that the Giants will be giving it up to Cleveland in exchange for Edwards. Also, Edwards is in the last year of his contract and Cleveland doesn't expect to be able to sign him and he really wants to go to the Giants so it is likely their best option to get something out of him before he goes free agent on them.

C'mon over Braylon, we'd welcome you. We need a #1 WR, but it doesnt necessarily have to be the caliber of Plax with all our other strong areas. Run game, front seven......all we need is a pretty good receiving game and bring on Lombardi #4, championship numero siete!!!

Yeah, I think we'll settle for good talent and no douchebaggery.

Mangina wants to give all of his love juice to Derek??

Well the rumor was that Cleveland was in love with Mark Sanchez.

I don't see it all happening. Those are some huge moves to be made by a new coach. That'd be like setting himself up for another 'do or die' like he had last year.

I don't see it all happening. Those are some huge moves to be made by a new coach. That'd be like setting himself up for another 'do or die' like he had last year.

Sanchez has been moving up- he may go top 10 now.

I dont understand CLE. :confused:

They had this same outlook w/ Quinn, and he played pretty well when givin the chance. They want to already go for another rookie QB?

I know there's been rumors for a few weeks, but this is an interview YESTERDAY with one of Edward's past teammates that has inside information on the general feeling of the team and Edwards. Besides....like I said in a different thread...I'm going nuts coming over to this board and it being dead, dead, dead on anything worth reading.

The interview itself was almost two weeks ago... but the report came out yesterday... unless Winslow was interviewed twice by Sirius and said the same thing twice. It's just weird that they're getting to it so late (again, unless it's a second interview).

For the right price I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards in blue.

Booty has been given ZERO chance so far. Leinart had a bad start, but so did Peyton. I don't think you can call either of them busts yet.

OK, fair enough on Booty. But Leinart was the man for 12 games of a season, and he split time with Kurt one yr as well. He's been given time. He stinks.