SportsWrath

The Better Tight End...

Guest Floyd The Barber

Guest Lockhart
so is Emmons, Brian Mitchell and Dorsey Levens...

shockey and Plaxico too - they left the Giants for the Miami Hurricanes.

Guest Lockhart
<_<

I already proved why Shockey is better. Do I have to make you silly again?

You see little fella - what you say means nothing - it's what Shockey does. Dropping the winning TD againt the 49ers in the playoff game, disappearing in the Carolina playoff game - getting injured year after year- dropping passes year after year - blocking like a WR - these are things that don't inspire greatness.

Bavaro blocked well, Caught passes even better and was clutch in playoff games. Put Bavaro in this pass happy offense and Shockey would never see the field.

These two couldn't be more different - Shockey with the flash, but no substance and Bavaro with Zero flash and all substance. The reason Bavaro is the greatsest TE in Giant history was that he did it all, and he did it when it most counted like Reggie Jackson - Shockey disappears when it counts. What is even worse is that he hides in South Beach during the off season workouts instead of trying to improve himself and the team. History remembers clutch players but forgets chokes.

That's why Bavaro has two Super Bowl rings, and Shockey runs away to hide in Forida after playing poorly in both of his playoff experiences - Bavaro talked little and was tough on the field, Shockey talks tough and is little on the field.

Go ahead and follow this with your sorry explanation why Shockey is better - there are many that want a good laugh. Your thread explaining how Shockey and his sorry attitude and playoff production eclipses the great

Giant career of Bavaro is something all Giant fans want to read. It is a keeper I plan to save! Entertain us!

Edited by Lockhart

You see little fella - what you say means nothing - it's what Shockey does. Dropping the winning TD againt the 49ers in the playoff game, disappearing in the Carolina playoff game - getting injured year after year- dropping passes year after year - blocking like a WR - these are things that don't inspire greatness.

Bavaro blocked well, Caught passes even better and was clutch in playoff games. Put Bavaro in this pass happy offense and Shockey would never see the field.

These two couldn't be more different - Shockey with the flash, but no substance and Bavaro with Zero flash and all substance. The reason Bavaro is the greatsest TE in Giant history was that he did it all, and he did it when it most counted like Reggie Jackson - Shockey disappears when it counts. What is even worse is that he hides in South Beach during the off season workouts instead of trying to improve himself and the team. History remembers clutch players but forgets chokes.

That's why Bavaro has two Super Bowl rings, and Shockey runs away to hide in Forida after playing poorly in both of his playoff experiences - Bavaro talked little and was tough on the field, Shockey talks tough and is little on the field.

Go ahead and follow this with your sorry explanation why Shockey is better - there are many that want a good laugh. Your thread explaining how Shockey and his sorry attitude and playoff production eclipses the great

Giant career of Bavaro is something all Giant fans want to read. It is a keeper I plan to save! Entertain us!

Please lackofhart when bavaro was playing and Ny was on TV Mommy put you in the crib so you could listen to your fav cassette tape and let daddy watch a real team.

BED TIME CD FOR LOCKHART

You see little fella - what you say means nothing - it's what Shockey does. Dropping the winning TD againt the 49ers in the playoff game,(We were up by 21 at that point- Thats not a clutch catch you idiot) disappearing in the Carolina playoff game(3 for 50)[/b](...1985 Bavaro had 4 catchs 36 yards in a 21-0 lose to Dabears...I guess he disappeared in that game) - getting injured year after year(Bavoro missed 13 games with the giants due to injury Shockey = 10)- dropping passes year after year (Bavoro drop a pass here and there)- blocking like a WR (Wrong...His blocking has been alot better) - these are things that don't inspire greatness.(Nor do you)

Bavaro blocked well, Caught passes even better and was clutch in playoff games. Put Bavaro in this pass happy offense and Shockey would never see the field.(Bavoro Didnt have the WR's Shock does to take catches away from him)

These two couldn't be more different - Shockey with the flash, but no substance (3 pro bowls) and Bavaro with Zero flash and all substance. The reason Bavaro is the(2nd) greatsest TE in Giant history was that he did it all, and he did it when it most counted like Reggie Jackson - Shockey disappears when it counts. What is even worse is that he hides in South Beach during the off season workouts instead of trying to improve himself and the team. History remembers clutch players but forgets chokes.

That's why Bavaro has two Super Bowl rings, and Shockey runs away to hide in Forida after playing poorly in both of his playoff experiences - Bavaro talked little and was tough on the field, Shockey talks tough and is little on the field.(3 pro bowls)

Are you ever going to say anything different...Oh and by the Way Bavaro only went to 2 probowls in 9 years Shockey 3 in 4 years

Guest Carbo

Please lackofhart when bavaro was playing and Ny was on TV Mommy put you in the crib so you could listen to your fav cassette tape and let daddy watch a real team.

BED TIME CD FOR LOCKHART

Typical adolescent reply from firstntwenty. You truly are an uniformed fan if you are tying to make the argument that Shockey is a better player than Bavaro. You obviously never saw Bavaro play. And if you did and still want to make that argument, you are truly ignorant and blinded by hatred.

Lockhart's post above is as dead on as it gets. Please reread it and then go to giants.kiddies.com. Over there, they are more attuned to your level, where a player is judged by bling and tattoos.

Typical adolescent reply from firstntwenty. You truly are an uniformed fan if you are tying to make the argument that Shockey is a better player than Bavaro. You obviously never saw Bavaro play. And if you did and still want to make that argument, you are truly ignorant and blinded by hatred.

Lockhart's post above is as dead on as it gets. Please reread it and then go to giants.kiddies.com. Over there, they are more attuned to your level, where a player is judged by bling and tattoos.

Kinda like you not responding to this

You see little fella - what you say means nothing - it's what Shockey does. Dropping the winning TD againt the 49ers in the playoff game,(We were up by 21 at that point- Thats not a clutch catch you idiot) disappearing in the Carolina playoff game(3 for 50)[/b](...1985 Bavaro had 4 catchs 36 yards in a 21-0 lose to Dabears...I guess he disappeared in that game) - getting injured year after year(Bavoro missed 13 games with the giants due to injury Shockey = 10)- dropping passes year after year (Bavoro drop a pass here and there)- blocking like a WR (Wrong...His blocking has been alot better) - these are things that don't inspire greatness.(Nor do you)

Bavaro blocked well, Caught passes even better and was clutch in playoff games. Put Bavaro in this pass happy offense and Shockey would never see the field.(Bavoro Didnt have the WR's Shock does to take catches away from him)

These two couldn't be more different - Shockey with the flash, but no substance (3 pro bowls) and Bavaro with Zero flash and all substance. The reason Bavaro is the(2nd) greatsest TE in Giant history was that he did it all, and he did it when it most counted like Reggie Jackson - Shockey disappears when it counts. What is even worse is that he hides in South Beach during the off season workouts instead of trying to improve himself and the team. History remembers clutch players but forgets chokes.

That's why Bavaro has two Super Bowl rings, and Shockey runs away to hide in Forida after playing poorly in both of his playoff experiences - Bavaro talked little and was tough on the field, Shockey talks tough and is little on the field.(3 pro bowls)

Are you ever going to say anything different...Oh and by the Way Bavaro only went to 2 probowls in 9 years Shockey 3 in 4 years

when your finished wipping lockharts gizz from your lips and getting those pesky pubic hairs of his out of you mouth.....take a reading comprehension course because I NEVER...EVER said tha Shockey was better then Bavaro....

What a dope...

My level !?!? LMAO!!!

where did you andd lockhart get your matching ranibow dolphin "Tats"?

Gay_Dolphin.jpg

let me guess....

generic_banner.jpg

firstntwenty? Is that supposed to be funny?

when your finished wipping lockharts gizz from your lips and getting those pesky pubic hairs of his out of you mouth.....take a reading comprehension course because I NEVER...EVER said tha Shockey was better then Bavaro....

What a dope...

My level !?!? LMAO!!!

where did you andd lockhart get your matching ranibow dolphin "Tats"?

Gay_Dolphin.jpg

let me guess....

generic_banner.jpg

But I'll tell you that this IS funny... :LMAO:

and once again.....

bitch.jpg

tell your mom to stay in the kitchen...

Guest Lockhart
Kinda like you not responding to this

That's nice - where was Shockey for last year's Pro Bowl? He was in Florida blowing off the pro bowl , just as he blows off off season work outs. That is the main reason he will never be as good as Bavaro - he's lazy. When chosen for the pro bowl Bavaro went and played because he was a player, not a poser. You always knew Bavaro would show up and play well when it counted, and now you always know Shockey will disappear when it counts. Sad really, because Shockey has better natural talent, but lacks desires as displayed by his little Miami stay every off season. People will always as remember Bavaro the Giant's best TE watching him excel in playoff games HELPING the Giants win Championships. Shockey's "low"lights consists of dropping the game winning TD and quitting on his team and QB in his two playoff losses.

Comparing Shockey to Bavaro is an insult to Mark and everything he stood for - Bottom line, Bavaro was a winner and Shockey doesn't even know what it takes to be a winner, as witnessed by his annual blowing off of Eli and Coughlin in the off season.

Here's the real funny part - the two seasons he worked out in Miami versus NJ are the two years he failed miserably in the playoffs.

What does this dope do - he goes back to Miami for this off season as well - not only is he lazy and not know how to win. He is very, very dumb.

Edited by Lockhart

Guest Lockhart
Shockey did not skip the Pro Bowl he had a damaged sternum that he played through all season.

He's not the first or last player who won't play in the Pro Bowl. This is not a good indicator of anything.

His play (or lack of it) in the playoff games against the 4449errs in 2002 and the Panthers in 2005 sure is. funny, he can play in the playoff game, but then skips the Pro Bowl a month later - no heart.

At this point I'd still vote for Bavaro as the better tight end too. However Shockey, barring injury, has a lot of football left. I'd also say there's plenty of room to be a real good tight end in the NFL without being better than Mark Bavaro. Nothing to be ashamed about here. If Shockey's being compared to Bavaro it's only because he's shown he can be a similar type of impact player. Like I said, nothing wrong with that!

word

:doh:

I hope you do save and print it... That way when your stupidity starts to over-coming common logic… You can always reference back to this and come back to reality. In fact, if your ever at any social gathering. Take this with you, and use it at any point you feel you’re going to say something completely stupid.

Oh, lets go back to subject at hand, shall we?

Recieving

Since you pronged ‘put’ to the equation. I’m going to have to do the same thing. You said “Put Bavaro in this pass happy offense and Shockey would never see the field.” Well, the same goes for Shockey. Put Phil Simms and the offensive line that Bavaro had, and you’ll see Shockey break numerous TE receiving records. With 4 different starting QB and a make shift line, Shockey has already put up way better number than Bavaro…

Shockey –1 Bavaro – .5

Blocking

Ok, I’ll admit, Bavaro was a better blocker than Shockey, But not by much. For example: Tiki’s numbers have dramatically improved the last 2 years. And even though most of it is credited to Tiki…his teammate and Shockey had something to do with it also. And also, on SEVERAL occasion, both Tom Coughlin and Tiki Barber have praised Shockey’s blocking. So since they’re the professional and you’re, well a nobody, I’ll take tom’s and Tiki’s word over your any day. Yes, in the beginning of his career, Shockey couldn’t block to save his life. But like a true professional, he did what he could to improve and got better at blocking.

Shockey – 1.5 Bavaro – 1.5

Substance and attitude

Both has or had substance and attitude…Yes, Bavaro had a way about him, A quite tough guy feel to him. I remember Bavaro dragging people across the fields, knocking people out. But I don’t recall Bavaro making incredible catches. Shockey does and runs over people. You know Shockey makes some unbelievable catches over the middle. The one catch against San Diego, the one he did against the Rams when orcheleta (sp) was all over him. Also, the one against the 49ers, when Eli over threw an easy completion and Shockey made this unbelievable catch. Shockey run over players all the time. Ask Gibson, tank Williams and LaVar Arrington. Plus, Bavaro was vanilla and never pumped the offense up. Shockey does…before we drafted Shockey, we had a pretty good offense. However, they were always bullied against tougher defenses. That’s until Shockey arrived. Now, we were the one talking trash to them and backing it up.

Shockey – 2.5 Bavaro – 2.0

Playoffs

Bavaro never put up great playoff numbers…Yeah, he’s put up ok game. But not great. On the other hand, Shockey rocked Peterson. Who, if you remember, shut down Gonzalez. (Who people considered to be the best TE at the time) Yes he dropped a easy TD pass. But it wasn’t the game winning TD. We were up by 21 points at the time. So your argument falls on deaf ears. Nobody could have foreseen the 49ers coming back.

Shockey – 3.0 Bavaro – 2.5

Loyalty

Bavaro through out the years has bad mouth the Giants org. Shockey has never done that… In fact, I think Shockey was invited to join Mr. Mara in his deathbed. That speaks volumes about his character.

Shockey – 4.0 Bavaro – 2.5

Pro-Bowls

Shockey went to 3 in 4 year (Probably more to come BTW). Bavaro went to 2 in 9.

So, as you can see, Shockey was the better Giants TE.

Its been my honor and pleasure for me to make you look like the complete imbecile again.