SportsWrath

Im beginning to think the SB was a fluke

JackStroud

Actually early on GMB posters were ridiculing the pick of Tuck

downplayed Notre Dame, said we had Strahan what did we need a DE for (they are a bright bunch over there)

I said year 1 he looked pro bowl bound and the crows laughed and laughed

maybe you were cheering Tuck but not many were

It was when Tuch chased down Tomlinson from behind that the smirks were wiped off a lot of faces

I got the same thing I hear about Blackburn (hes strictly a special teams guy) LOL!!!

Actually early on GMB posters were ridiculing the pick of Tuck

downplayed Notre Dame, said we had Strahan what did we need a DE for (they are a bright bunch over there)

I said year 1 he looked pro bowl bound and the crows laughed and laughed

maybe you were cheering Tuck but not many were

It was when Tuch chased down Tomlinson from behind that the smirks were wiped off a lot of faces

I got the same thing I hear about Blackburn (hes strictly a special teams guy) LOL!!!

we all know people say stupid things on MBs, for instances, you always said jesse palmer should be our starter. where is jesse palmer starting nowadays?

You've always said that some backup should replace our starters. even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

we all know people say stupid things on MBs, for instances, you always said jesse palmer should be our starter. where is jesse palmer starting nowadays?

You've always said that some backup should replace our starters. even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

is it your impression jesse got a fair shot in real meaninful games?

lmao. You're hanging on to that like a life preserver.

Do you really think if the kid had half of what you claimed he had, he'd retire before age 30?

He wasn't good enough to be in that spot in the first place. Just like people on here talking about Lorenzen (sorry Nas). These guys showed when they took the field that we had no chance to win with them. Palmer lasted 5 minutes in the league after he left us, Lorenzen is in AFL2, "competing" for a job.

Not true, I also said that Tuck looked like the real deal in his rookie year and said so on the board. The guy looked unbelievably strong for a rookie. And I also remember that many of the board members had similar feelings. The only concern was his early injury problems and his durability.

I agree. You were also the only one I remember sporting Tuck as your avatar and something like "Don't fuck with the Tuck" (or something similar) in your sig. You're one progressive thinker King. :worshippy:

He wasn't good enough to be in that spot in the first place. Just like people on here talking about Lorenzen (sorry Nas). These guys showed when they took the field that we had no chance to win with them. Palmer lasted 5 minutes in the league after he left us, Lorenzen is in AFL2, "competing" for a job.

:furious::chair: :yikes: :explode: :moon: :nazi:

I agree. You were also the only one I remember sporting Tuck as your avatar and something like "Don't fuck with the Tuck" (or something similar) in your sig. You're one progressive thinker King. :worshippy:

I've been on the Tuck bandwagon from early on,so have many others though, I was just a bit more demonstrative about it.

So I'll tak that as a NO he was not given a fair shot in meaningful games

Dan Reeves once said you cannot evaluate an NFL QB until he has played 3-4 "meaningful games" in the NFL.

We'll never know how Jesse would have done.......so let it go

I have

the 3-4 sorry ax games Jessie played the giants played to lose......the funny part was Palmer almost won one of those games single handed and that must have really pixxed off Giants Management as they drove for Manning draft status

The sad part, as it was they had to trade away a ton to get Manning anyway and would have been better off to just keep Rivers who they drafted and traded

seriously what would you rather have had River and Merriman, plus all the other draft choices we gave up.....or Eli....

Dan Reeves once said you cannot evaluate an NFL QB until he has played 3-4 "meaningful games" in the NFL.

I have

the 3-4 sorry ax games Jessie played the giants played to lose......the funny part was Palmer almost won one of those games single handed and that must have really pixxed off Giants Management as they drove for Manning draft status

The sad part, as it was they had to trade away a ton to get Manning anyway and would have been better off to just keep Rivers who they drafted and traded

seriously what would you rather have had River and Merriman, plus all the other draft choices we gave up.....or Eli....

Ugh not this shit again... :blah:

I have

the 3-4 sorry ax games Jessie played the giants played to lose......the funny part was Palmer almost won one of those games single handed and that must have really pixxed off Giants Management ass they drove for Manning draft status

Is there some reason, you replace s with x. Is that some sort of cute trait you're trying out, like Wizdum used to do.

Other than that, that entire sentence had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. He got 3-4 games to impress and he underwhelmed. Seriously, do you even pay attention to games?

I have

Eli.

we only drafted rivers because thats who san diego wanted in the trade

its widely known we would have drafted big ben if we stayed

face it, palmer sucked

Palmer is irrelevant now

let it go. Weren't you one of the guys jumping all over HOF QB Kurt Warner's bones as a NY Giants QB?

enough said about your QB picks

I would guess your now going to tell me Eli is better than Warner..... LOL......please save it...... HAHA LOL

Ben, Rivers, and Kurt all better QBs than Eli

who is decent, but not great.....we can win with Eli but it takes a tremendous supporting cast, and btw we even won with Pegleg patrolling the middle

so anything is possible if your team is that strong

Palmer is irrelevant now

let it go. Weren't you one of the guys jumping all over HOF QB Kurt Warner's bones as a NY Giants QB?

I would guess your now going to tell me Eli is better than Warner..... LOL......please save it...... HAHA LOL

Eli, Rivers, and Kurt all better QBs than Ben

who is decent, but not great.....the Steelers can win with Ben but it takes a tremendous supporting cast, and btw they even won with a hobbled RB.

FIXED

Palmer is irrelevant now

Ben, Rivers, and Kurt all better QBs than Eli

who is decent, but not great.....we can win with Eli but it takes a tremendous supporting cast, and btw we even won with Pegleg patrolling the middle

ill let it go, i didnt bring it up but i have no problem letting it go.

no i was not one of those guys. i wanted eli thrown in earlier than he was. warner was makin me sick with his play in ny.

so not enough said since you are incorrect about what i thought

as of right now eli and warner are both good qb's. warner is throwing to fitz and boldin though in a dome. its hard to say.

we won with pegleg patrolling the middle which you said would NEVER happen

I have

merriman was in the next year's draft. in all likelihood we prob dont have the same pick if we dont make the eli trade

ill let it go, i didnt bring it up but i have no problem letting it go.

no i was not one of those guys. i wanted eli thrown in earlier than he was. warner was makin me sick with his play in ny.

so not enough said since you are incorrect about what i thought

as of right now eli and warner are both good qb's. warner is throwing to fitz and boldin though in a dome. its hard to say.

we won with pegleg patrolling the middle which you said would NEVER happen

Wow you are so right i did say that

Apologies on that one.........Tuck was so strong that day we could have won with Britiney Spears at MLBer

I still think Rivers was the pick of that crop, but Eli aint so bad......hes actually good and has some rope to improve yet

as for Warner I think he had us at about at 5-0 before he had a bad game so the could rush wunderkind into the battle

Wow you are so right i did say that

Apologies on that one.........Tuck was so strong that day we could have won with Britiney Spears at MLBer

I still think Rivers was the pick of that crop, but Eli aint so bad......hes actually good and has some rope to improve yet

as for Warner I think he had us at about at 5-0 before he had a bad game so the could rush wunderkind into the battle

:confused:

my point was Kurt Warner was doing well

The giants should have waited a bit longer before pulling the plug

As I recall Eli was running for his life the second half of that season

Let me correct you on a few things, even though I'm pretty sure you're just fuckin' with us, cause no one is this stupid. :rolleyes:

You said a few posts back, that Warner had us at 5-0 before we pulled the plug. If Eli struggled the last half of the season, and half the season is 8 games, that leaves us at 13 games. Now, I know youre playin stupid right now, but you do know there are 16 games in a season, right? :unsure: Warner had us at 5-2, then lost 2 straight, the last one I had the pleasure of watching in person because it was against AZ. Why the fuck did we throw with 14 seconds left to half, they ran it back for a fuckin TD!!!....anyway, enuff venting form something 5 years ago :P

The Eli came in, week 11 with 7 games left. He almost beat ATL for his first career win. He then got shellacked the next 3 games, vs. Philly, WASH and BAL. 3 of the top 5 D's that year and 2 of em were div opponents. He took those beatings and didn't flinch. Then came the PIT game, and thats when I knew we had something special. He nearly outplayed Ben and if not for a play where Amani got raped and no flag was thrown, the Giants win that one. He played well. As he did the final 2 games, a 1 point loss to the Bengals, and a win vs. DAL where he audibled at the line and sent Tiki over the goal line. He's been good at reding defenses from his rookie year.

So, your memory aint too good, cause Eli didnt struggle but a few of those games.

Let me correct you on a few things, even though I'm pretty sure you're just fuckin' with us, cause no one is this stupid. :rolleyes:

You said a few posts back, that Warner had us at 5-0 before we pulled the plug. If Eli struggled the last half of the season, and half the season is 8 games, that leaves us at 13 games. Now, I know youre playin stupid right now, but you do know there are 16 games in a season, right? :unsure: Warner had us at 5-2, then lost 2 straight, the last one I had the pleasure of watching in person because it was against AZ. Why the fuck did we throw with 14 seconds left to half, they ran it back for a fuckin TD!!!....anyway, enuff venting form something 5 years ago :P

The Eli came in, week 11 with 7 games left. He almost beat ATL for his first career win. He then got shellacked the next 3 games, vs. Philly, WASH and BAL. 3 of the top 5 D's that year and 2 of em were div opponents. He took those beatings and didn't flinch. Then came the PIT game, and thats when I knew we had something special. He nearly outplayed Ben and if not for a play where Amani got raped and no flag was thrown, the Giants win that one. He played well. As he did the final 2 games, a 1 point loss to the Bengals, and a win vs. DAL where he audibled at the line and sent Tiki over the goal line. He's been good at reding defenses from his rookie year.

So, your memory aint too good, cause Eli didnt struggle but a few of those games.

thanks for the trip down memory lane

admittedly mine is sputtering as I age

Eli's a good kid, a good QB, and knows how to keep his mouth shut

When you think about it Eli, Ben and Rivers were the best 3 to come out together in 40-50 years

I'd like to see Eli improve his spiral and accuracy this year.....He also tends to blow hot and cold.......hes still learning the position but doing well