SportsWrath

Im beginning to think the SB was a fluke

JackStroud

C'mon BadEgg just admit you are JackStroud give me a break with this shit at least be a man and admit who you are, this has got to be Eggy he dissapeared the same time Jack came back

I hate to be interrupted during my annual winter hybernation, but I want to set the record straight. Regardless of what Jack and the Italian Hotdog may or may not be up to around here these days, I can assure the good board that:

1) I am not Jack and he is not me.

2) I am not Dog and he is not me.

I remember Jack from when I was on the original Giants message board. It's good to see him here. I thought Jack was a good poster for the most part but he is way off base on this post.

Jack, the Giants Superbowl run was not a Fluke. The Giants Superbowl run was based on sound defense, superior defensive game planning and coaching and, most importantly, improbable magic. :yahoo:

Enjoy the rest of your winter.

I'm starting to get a feeling this Giants team peaked 14 months ago

Call me crazy if you like....its my opinion

If they get Cushing in the 1st round, Plax gets community service, and Pegleg is sent packing I'll reconsider

Guys we lost 4 out of our last 5 games last year..........get a CLUE

your all still seeing SB stars

We just finished by getting pounded by a 3rd rate playoff team, and Pegleg was the main offender

I'm starting to get a feeling this Giants team peaked 14 months ago

Call me crazy if you like....its my opinion

Jakk , if this excellent Giants team peaked 14 months ago ...the SB win was therefore not a fluke ........and by the way ...you're crazy !

I'd like to think your right but we fell off a cliff last year at the end, and you cannot say it was due to any particular injury.

We've lost our way.......I hope its temporary

Most of all you have to want it.....I'm not sure last year team wanted it

You know, it's one thing to lose Osi Umenyiora, or Kawika Mitchell, or Michael Strahan, or Gibril Wilson, or Plaxico Burress: and something completely different to lose Osi Umenyiora, and Kawika Mitchell, and Michael Strahan, and Gibril Wilson, and Plaxico Burress.

We had a brutal schedule last year, right up there with Pittsburgh and any other team you could care to mention; we played with one of our starting DTs nursing TWO broken hands all season. Our starting RB and DE nursing leg injuries the last few games. Our prima-donna WR taking his guns to town, with Tonto Pierce fucking up damage control.

Frankly, it's amazing we wound up with the record we did this year--most teams would crumble at either the personnel loss, controversy, or schedule we had this past year, and we managed for most of the season with all three. Our season should strike fear in the rest of the NFC, and was just as impressive if not moreso than New England's; who lost their starting QB in the first game and still nearly made the playoffs, albeit in a division filled with minor-league teams.

You tell me last August that all this stuff was going to happen to them, I'm thinking 6-10, 7-9 tops.

While it's tough to lose to the Eagles in the playoffs, or the regular season for that matter (I hate that team with nearly every fiber of my being, save for some strands I reserve for Dallas); you can't deny they left everything on the field, and all things considered, their record was astounding. They just ran out of gas.

You know, it's one thing to lose Osi Umenyiora, or Kawika Mitchell, or Michael Strahan, or Gibril Wilson, or Plaxico Burress: and something completely different to lose Osi Umenyiora, and Kawika Mitchell, and Michael Strahan, and Gibril Wilson, and Plaxico Burress.

We had a brutal schedule last year, right up there with Pittsburgh and any other team you could care to mention; we played with one of our starting DTs nursing TWO broken hands all season. Our starting RB and DE nursing leg injuries the last few games. Our prima-donna WR taking his guns to town, with Tonto Pierce fucking up damage control.

Frankly, it's amazing we wound up with the record we did this year--most teams would crumble at either the personnel loss, controversy, or schedule we had this past year, and we managed for most of the season with all three. Our season should strike fear in the rest of the NFC, and was just as impressive if not moreso than New England's; who lost their starting QB in the first game and still nearly made the playoffs, albeit in a division filled with minor-league teams.

You tell me last August that all this stuff was going to happen to them, I'm thinking 6-10, 7-9 tops.

While it's tough to lose to the Eagles in the playoffs, or the regular season for that matter (I hate that team with nearly every fiber of my being, save for some strands I reserve for Dallas); you can't deny they left everything on the field, and all things considered, their record was astounding. They just ran out of gas.

Well said. Just with Osi coming back and the guys we've brought in... this team is going to be feared.

great post fish

Well said. Just with Osi coming back and the guys we've brought in... this team is going to be feared.

I hear you jim but it still did not feel right

We seemed to have folded like a cheap suit in the last 4-5 games

I think we have a Mojo issue

I hear you jim but it still did not feel right

We seemed to have folded like a cheap suit in the last 4-5 games

I think we have a Mojo issue

Not like a cheap suit, but more like a team that lost their leading game changing WR at the most inopportune time. It screwed up our chemistry. Still, after that, we managed to secure the 1st seed and nearly beat a playoff team in Minnesota with our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Stop your nonsense Jack, it's completely stupid.

Not like a cheap suit, but more like a team that lost their leading game changing WR at the most inopportune time. It screwed up our chemistry. Still, after that, we managed to secure the 1st seed and nearly beat a playoff team in Minnesota with our 2nd and 3rd stringers. Stop your nonsense Jack, it's completely stupid.

losing one guy, unless hes the QB should not be THAT big a deal......good teams can adjust to that

losing one guy, unless hes the QB should not be THAT big a deal......good teams can adjust to that

We did. Remember when he wasnt there for the SEA game? Or the AZ game? Or the CAR game? We still won those games. But when it was clear he was out for the season, we tried to change up our game plan to center around someone else, and not even good teams can recover from that, just all of a sudden.

You see Jack, there is a thing called critical mass or you might know something similar called "the straw that broke the camel's back".

The signings this off season have already shown us the root of the problem at the end of last year, not getting to opposing QB's and a worn down D-line.

When that happens, it never feels right!

This game is won in the trenches and the Giants will own them this year.

Mark my words!

You see Jack, there is a thing called critical mass or you might know something similar called "the straw that broke the camel's back".

The signings this off season have already shown us the root of the problem at the end of last year, not getting to opposing QB's and a worn down D-line.

When that happens, it never feels right!

This game is won in the trenches and the Giants will own them this year.

Mark my words!

I could not agree with you more.....the trenches make all other things possible, and easier if your dominant

Maybe our Oline wore down a bit last year too, Eli seemed to be under more durress as the season wore on, and the running game struggled a bit other than Carolina

our WR's seem to be ordinary

we lost our best coach in Spags

the LBers are horrible

the safteys are thin

Coughlin does not do it for me

Reese better come up with a WR and another miracle draft

beyond that its time to move Coughlin aside.......we need a younger coach

Spags would have been perfect

Same old Jack. Too bad your bromance with Jesse Palmer had to end before he accomplished all of the great things you claimed he was capable of. Pssst....btw Kerry Collins is still playing. lmao

Man you summed it up nicely. As I was reading I coudln't help but think .. yea but we lost that dreaded game to the Eagles.. then I saw u commented on that too. :TU:

Same old Jack. Too bad your bromance with Jesse Palmer had to end before he accomplished all of the great things you claimed he was capable of. Pssst....btw Kerry Collins is still playing. lmao

Yeah Kerry is still playing but he's more like an Earl Morrall now......he in there to not lose, not to win

Kerry throws a nice spiral.....I'll give you that, but the titans are going nowhere with Kerry at the helm

they know that, you know that........even Kerry knows that

Vince Young= Donovan McNabb Jr........very Jr too bad he was good at Texas

Kerry is the man.

I hate to be interrupted during my annual winter hybernation, but I want to set the record straight. Regardless of what Jack and the Italian Hotdog may or may not be up to around here these days, I can assure the good board that:

1) I am not Jack and he is not me.

2) I am not Dog and he is not me.

I remember Jack from when I was on the original Giants message board. It's good to see him here. I thought Jack was a good poster for the most part but he is way off base on this post.

Jack, the Giants Superbowl run was not a Fluke. The Giants Superbowl run was based on sound defense, superior defensive game planning and coaching and, most importantly, improbable magic. :yahoo:

Enjoy the rest of your winter.

Hey BadEgg hows it going? Too bad about T.O. but there is something to be said for a little less talent and more team rapore

I hope you guys have a great draft, and give us a run for our money this year. Nothing like a the NFC East rivalries and ours in particular. Good luck with your new home.

Right now, based upon our late season swoons I'd say both teams have a lot to prove in 2009.