SportsWrath

One of the better mocks I've seen

Allstarjim

lol.....we'll see, I am still convinced LB in round 1, but who knows

I know I'm coming off probably kind of blowhard-ish on this, but I love this debate and I love playing GM leading up to the draft. On draft day I'm going to be pretty excited. I just really believe with the underwhelming performace of our passing game without Plaxico we absolutely HAVE to get a game-changer at WR. LB, while a need, is somewhat less of one because I think we already have pretty good quality there and good prospects, albeit we don't have the stud that you would like to see at SAM at MLB, we are still capable at the positions. I feel that if they can get Sintim in Round 2, a stud WR in round 1, then EVERYBODY is happy! It will be a fun draft, and no matter what happens, (unless they don't draft a WR at all) I still have faith in Reese... that guy knows what he is doing!

I know I'm coming off probably kind of blowhard-ish on this, but I love this debate and I love playing GM leading up to the draft. On draft day I'm going to be pretty excited. I just really believe with the underwhelming performace of our passing game without Plaxico we absolutely HAVE to get a game-changer at WR. LB, while a need, is somewhat less of one because I think we already have pretty good quality there and good prospects, albeit we don't have the stud that you would like to see at SAM at MLB, we are still capable at the positions. I feel that if they can get Sintim in Round 2, a stud WR in round 1, then EVERYBODY is happy! It will be a fun draft, and no matter what happens, (unless they don't draft a WR at all) I still have faith in Reese... that guy knows what he is doing!

I love this stuff too, I watch the draft all day and my wife thinks I am crazy

I like the Laurinitis, Chase Coffman, and McGrath picks too. Coffman is a controversial pick because Boss is a great TE and we all like him. But if he's there, that adds a lot more options in the receiving game with two TE sets and great depth at the position.

i was scratching my head when a lot of Mocks have us getting another TE.. but you have a point here... Reese haven't fail us so far.. i'm sure he'll get something done..

Ppod, thought you might like this article.

Yahoo

yeah that was an interesting article thanks...I also remember seeing on TV a few years back an interview with some scientist that said the 40 times at the combine were all bogus and he backed it up with data proving it....and the numbers he shown had that if the 40 times at the combine were true, these athletes would be the fastest in the world, and have them running at speeds that have not been humanly performed...it was interesting...anyway the scientist said that the 40 times must be measure not from when the athlete first starts to run but when they hit a certain point and then calculated from there.

I am curious about Laurinitis, but I am concerned that if the Giants don't get a WR first, both Britt and Robiskie will be gone and there is a huge drop off at WR after that and Iglesias would be a reach at 45.

yeah that was an interesting article thanks...I also remember seeing on TV a few years back an interview with some scientist that said the 40 times at the combine were all bogus and he backed it up with data proving it....and the numbers he shown had that if the 40 times at the combine were true, these athletes would be the fastest in the world, and have them running at speeds that have not been humanly performed...it was interesting...anyway the scientist said that the 40 times must be measure not from when the athlete first starts to run but when they hit a certain point and then calculated from there.

I am curious about Laurinitis, but I am concerned that if the Giants don't get a WR first, both Britt and Robiskie will be gone and there is a huge drop off at WR after that and Iglesias would be a reach at 45.

me personally I would rather go LB in round 1, but if they are sold on Britt and feel he won't be there when they pick again in the 2nd, then they might trade up to get him. They have to see how the draft pans out...a lot of times, the draft moves in a frenzy toward one position, like we saw a couple years ago at the DT spot...teams were sucking up DTs in the first round so fast that guys slated for late 2nds were being picked in the top 20. Sometimes that happens.