SportsWrath

We still need depth in a few positions

osi724dasack

Ok we still need some depth at...

We could use good SAM LB to compete with Clark/Kehl and also assure us depth there.

We NEED another WILL incase Boley goes down. This will likely be done through draft or it will be Kehls job.

a 4th Safety is needed I think this will be addressed early in the first 4 rounds of the draft. This should be with a a high ceiling guy to take Johnson or Browns job down the road and make a great pair with KP

A 5th corner would be needed for insurance in case of injury. probly a 4th or 5th rounder or a VET f/a.

We could use some young talented depth at OT, OG, C i beleive 2 of these needs will be addressed through the draft, 1 picked earlier possibly and one picked in the latter rounds.

RB is a need as well. Kay Jay Harris hasnt even began running since his injury in August and doesnt seem to be in the Giants plans for 09, so that creates a need for a 4th RB in case of injury or wear n tear on any of our present RB's. Plus Jacobs and Bradshaw have been nicked up a lil bit, and Ware is very unproven.

WR is only a need if Plaxico wont be back, Im pretty high on who we have right now especially if Plax is back. But say hes not then I wouldnt go pick one early or trade for anyone but Edwards, or MAYBE sign T.O. MAYBE. But Smith, Hixon, Moss, Manningham, Tyree and a late round big target would make me happy. Reese says he likes Derrick Hagan too.

Kicker is also a need since I dont trust Tynes at all

We could use a dynamic KR/PR as well since Hixon, Bradshaw, have bigger roles on the team now.

So thats why I wouldnt be so quick to just throw our picks away for ANY receiver.

WR and LB are my only real concerns. Even with Ward gone RB is still stacked. The rest are back up positions we can sort out in training camp.

I wouldn't cry if we replaced Tynes though.

EXACTLY my feelings.

WR and LB are my only real concerns. Even with Ward gone RB is still stacked. The rest are back up positions we can sort out in training camp.

I wouldn't cry if we replaced Tynes though.

you have to worry about every position.

you never know who will get hurt.

you want some chub covering Boldin in the playoffs with a chub at Saftey is a few DBS go down??

or Danny Ware carrying it 20 times if Brad and Jake go down???

or Boothe and Whimper on the line with 2 OL injurys???

you want some chub covering Boldin in the playoffs with a chub at Saftey is a few DBS go down??

SO in your opinion...you should have starters backing up starters?

I guess your really banking on an uncapped year.

Go smoke another bowl.

SO in your opinion...you should have starters backing up starters?

I guess your really banking on an uncapped year.

No thats not what I want, I want future starters backing up starters.

You want Craig Dahl to play if we need help at S?? we only have 3 Safteys ya know. Only one of them has high ability.

We have to get a young gun to play there. Preferably a Ginril Wilson type hard hitter with great range.

Ross, and Dockery are often nicked up. That gives us Web and TT at CB with our nick and dime backs being unknownS??? worse off we can have Web and Ross go down and have TT and Dock starting with shit behind them. We gotta get a cheap vet there or a young gun with some uside there to groom.

DB is a young talented positon on this team. However the depth just isnt stocked there.

It wouldnt cost a shitton of money to do what im implying we do.

And I doubt BJ stays on the fiel all 16 games, same with AB, so we gotta get a decent young gun or cheap vet to backup Ware

Go smoke another bowl.

Im out of buds, why do you think im posting here right now instead of going on my usual adventures? haha

but you know im right on this one, you just cant be to prepared going into a season.

its gonna happen, were gonna have injuries, and we have to be fully prepared to take them on with minimal loss of playing quality. and what im saying is the best way to prevent being decleated by nagging/minor/severe injuries.

Young, future starters is what the draft and training camp are for. Don't stress about it.

And yes some competition at safety would be nice but again this is an issue for the draft.

I have no problem with Ware at #3. I hope to see a fair bit of him this year.

There's more free agency, a draft, and even UDFA, where we picked up Dockery, Dahl, and Blackburn. I'd say we're in better shape going into the draft than most teams in the league. Ideally, the guys you're stressing over never see the field. I don't mean no worries, but there's just so much you can prepare for.

There's more free agency, a draft, and even UDFA, where we picked up Dockery, Dahl, and Blackburn. I'd say we're in better shape going into the draft than most teams in the league. Ideally, the guys you're stressing over never see the field. I don't mean no worries, but there's just so much you can prepare for.

that reminds me

anyone remember all the dj hall talk last year?